IGNORED

BIOSHOCK and MASS EFFECT are addictive!

JamesD

Circuit city had them both on sale and I couldn't resist.

I played BIOSHOCK for at least 14hrs strait. I haven't played a game that much in a sitting (with food, drink and pp breaks) since Half Life 2.

I just tried MASS EFFECT long enough to see if it was any good and I love it. All but the sniper rifle anyway. I get the impression the developers have never fired a rifle in their lives. I've been shooting since I was 5 and all I can say is the gun swinging around thing is so far from reality it's not even funny. Still love the game so far though. Pretty cool.

the sniper rifle issue is due to the RPG elements of the game. The better the sniper rifle and the better your characters stats are for the sniper rifle, the easier it will be to aim.

I never really bothered with it. The game is super easy, and I beat it just using assault rifles.

If you want some good fun with Mass Effect, play it again, but choose every jerky and assholish reply you can. Funny.

Bioshock running around a doom world with a giant metal robotman who cries like a baby comes after you, and people go about there daily lives even if they are zombified, and even when you attack them they are like normal people.

Mass effect is just the same PC malarcy that we have had seen many times over. Name one thing diffrent about it that would make me jump for joy?

Edited by Red_Queen

ahhhh go back to your Wii :)

seriously, Mass Effect. Take the mechanics of Gears of War with the openness of Oblivion and melt them together to get Mass Effect. In my opinion, Mass Effect is one of the best games I've ever played, you could play the game 20x's and still not discover everything.

Edited by Atari5200

Bioshock running around a doom world with a giant metal robotman who cries like a baby comes after you, and people go about there daily lives even if they are zombified, and even when you attack them they are like normal people.

Mass effect is just the same PC malarcy that we have had seen many times over. Name one thing diffrent about it that would make me jump for joy?

Those are your descriptions of these games? robotman? zombified? malarcy? To be honest it doesn't sound like you've played either game. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I never really bothered with it. The game is super easy, and I beat it just using assault rifles.

If you want some good fun with Mass Effect, play it again, but choose every jerky and assholish reply you can. Funny.

I found it fairly easy too the first time around. I imagine that's because I picked Soldier and used the assualt rifle, keeping with me a Full Biotics person (BlueChick) and a Full Tech Person (FleetChick). I imagine the fights could be more challenging if I made more risky choices with my party and my main; picking hybrid classes or using other hybrid characters. I like that they give the opportunity to bump up the difficulty and when I'm sufficiently interested in playing it again I will.

Sex scene wasn't as sexy or "mature" as the hype would have had me believe. But, hey! it did seem like ACTUAL sex and not just a car bouncing up and down. Well, actual sex with a 90 year old BlueChick, but we won't get into that.

I understand that Mass Effect is supposed to be a Trilogy, no?

Bioshock has not sucked me in yet. I loved System Shock and SS2. I love that this is a spiritual successor. Everything about this game screams awesome, but as soon as I'm past the DEMO/INTRO levels I start to lose interest. I feel like I'm being pulled along by my nose to each area. Not that this design method is any different from SS and SS2, mind you, but after the free roaming in ME and of course the vast open playground that is Oblivion, I'm just not in the mood to be fed plot points and being told to do something when at the moment, I'd rather explore.

Of course, that's not really the point of Bioshock, is it? It's a clever, FPS and I'm sure if I get a little deeper I'll find that, although the story is set, the choices I make in weapons upgrades and Little Sister harvesting will make a big difference in the play. It's on the back burner for now.

Ironically, I'm playing Snatcher at the moment, so maybe it isn't the linear story I'm trying to get away from, maybe I just want corpses that don't jiggle like jello after they're dead. :D

One comment on Bioshock. If you are into achievements, look at little sister saver (or something like that).

I have it.

Little Sister Savior

The player has completed the game without harvesting any Little Sisters.

Bioshock has ruined just about every other FPS for me. Every time I play a different FPS now, I keep wanting to search and loot everything, but I can't. It's kind of Pavlovian. I've defeated Bioshock 7 times, and am 1100/1100 on achievements. The hardest achievement is the photography phd, whatever the one is for getting full research on every enemy.

Edited by Gunstarhero

I bought into to the hype of Bio Shock,when I first heard about it.At first I got it for the pc,but couldnt get it to run on my computer.Than I got my 360,than I little while latter I got Bio Shock for it,At first I was blown away by the world of Rapture,but after the novelty wore off I got bored with it.The most fun I had in the game is when two big daddy characters where fighting each other.Other than that,pretty overhyped but still A decent game.

I've tried to get into Bioshock a number of times but always found it completely boring as heck :P

This is why you should be playing System Shock 2 instead.

At this point nearly all my FPS time goes into Call of Duty 4 multiplayer on the xbox 360. I'm into that quicky 10 minute fix of run & gun.