IGNORED

How Do I Add Games To MAMEWAH

pangasinan

Hello all,i am completely new at all this so please be gentle with me.

I have just bought a tabletop arcade machine,it has MAMEWAH installed with 61 games.I would like to add some more games if possible.

It is running on a Intel Celeron 600Mhz Processor.I have looked underneath the top and i can see a keyboard and mouse.Is there an easy step by step guide on how i can add extra games??,below is some pics of the unit...thanks

oibpma.jpg

33upoh1.jpg

From memory (I don't have a live machine running Mamewah at the moment):

If the machine boots up to Mamewah, you can press escape (maybe 2x) to get to the operating system. You will be able to find out where the roms are stored once you take a look at the folders in Windows, and you should add whatever roms you want there.

Then, reboot to Mamewah and then press Player 2 start to get into Mamewah's menu, then you should be able to navigate to an option to scan for new games.

You could have a number of solutions:

1. The monitor may slide right out providing you with access.

2. The person who built it may have put a wireless nic in there. If you have a wireless network, it may be trying to jump on right now.

3. The person who built it may have left a coiled up USB or network cable inside.

4. Are you absolutely certain there are no access trapdoors on it?

Hi pangasinan:

Well if you can`t find a CDrom or a USB port available my guess is that you will have to do it the hard way,

I think you will have to remove one of the panels of the tabletop and unhook the CPU,

then with the CPU box out you will be able to install a CDROM drive or a floppy drive and then you will be able to feed more games to it.

You could also unhook the Hard drive and plug it to another computer as a secondary hdd and from there copy more games.

By the way congratulations you got a great tabletop cabinet, all black it looks great! congrats, it looks very good.

Ok i cant see any way of putting games on to the machine without removing the HD,i have posted some more pics of the inside of the tabletop,maybe you can see something i cant..It looks like there is not cpu case,just the guts of the computer fixed to the side of the tabletop.The HD is just sitting there,so i could probably try and remove it and hook it up to an old computer .Am i able to just remove the HD from the old computer and replace it with the tabletop HD amd make that the master drive ??...thanks all for your great compliments and suggestions :)

post-12694-1213748492_thumb.jpg

post-12694-1213748502_thumb.jpg

post-12694-1213748509_thumb.jpg

post-12694-1213748517_thumb.jpg

So, there is no USB beside the keyboard and mouse jacks? It is too hard to tell for sure in the pic, but it doesn't look like it.

You also have a free IDE slot - you could plug in a CD rom or DVD rom drive. You have extra power for it by the HD.

Yes there is 2 usb ports hidden behind the keyboard and mouse jacks (see pic),so now i need to know what roms are suitable...any suggestions ?? would the mame roms on this site be suitable for MAMEWAH...thanks

post-12694-1213830542_thumb.jpg

Edited by pangasinan

Ok heres an update,i have tried roms from romnation and rom-world but the problem is they work fine except that the fire button does not work.Any idea what the problem is ??,i suspect that i need roms suitable for my version of mame,but dont know where to find any...can someone please help me...thanks

Ok heres an update,i have tried roms from romnation and rom-world but the problem is they work fine except that the fire button does not work.Any idea what the problem is ??,i suspect that i need roms suitable for my version of mame,but dont know where to find any...can someone please help me...thanks

I am not sure how your controls are set up - but isn't there a keyboard inside the cocktail?

With the keyboard ready, try loading a game where the controls do work, then hit TAB to bring up the MAME in-game menu.

Scroll down to see what button the fire button is mapped to. Compare that to a game where fire is not working.

You may find this helpful:

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/mameguide/mamecontrol.htm

I am not sure how your controls are set up - but isn't there a keyboard inside the cocktail?

With the keyboard ready, try loading a game where the controls do work, then hit TAB to bring up the MAME in-game menu.

Scroll down to see what button the fire button is mapped to. Compare that to a game where fire is not working.

You may find this helpful:

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/mameguide/mamecontrol.htm

If i do that can i change the settings on each non working game.so that the games work without stuffing up the settings on the other games that work ??

Yes i have done it !!!! i am so happy,i have now got the fire button working thanks to instructions from Lost Monkey.I could never have done it without his instructions...BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE ESPECIALLY LOST MONKEY for all your help,i now can add hundreds of extra games to it...

Edited by pangasinan