IGNORED

Yastuna vol.1 - The Alchemy of Cubes

Fadest

You can now download the compilation from this webpage :

http://fadest.free.fr/Yastuna/indexen.html

The licence is the same as Space Incident. Feel free to download, play with an emulator, burn ROM and distribute them.

It is 100% free. We just ask you to remain ROM unchanged, and keep our credits unchanged.

There are 6 games directly playable from main menu, but some other games are hidden. You will find tips on how to access them in adventure game.

The licence is the same as Space Incident. Feel free to download, play with an emulator, burn ROM and distribute them.

It is 100% free. We just ask you to remain ROM unchanged, and keep our credits unchanged.

There are 6 games directly playable from main menu, but some other games are hidden. You will find tips on how to access them in adventure game.

Thank you for the contribution! I can't wait to try it out. :)

Hello all,

please see attached picture. This shows my Yastuna 1 release.

Customers from Germany can contact me via the NexGam or the Atari-home.de Forum.

Customers outside Germany please go in contact with Nick Harlow from the 16/32 Webshop.

My Release will be available the next 2 weeks.

My Yastuna 2 release will be back in stock at Nicks Webshop at the same time.

Additional you will get a nice Lynx-Style Box.

Yastuna 1 will be sold with a Lynx-Style Box from the start.

Yastuna 1 should be the same price as Yastuna 2.

Kind Regards Lynxman

post-12435-1213721737_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

please see attached picture. This shows my Yastuna 1 release.

Customers from Germany can contact me via the NexGam or the Atari-home.de Forum.

Customers outside Germany please go in contact with Nick Harlow from the 16/32 Webshop.

My Release will be available the next 2 weeks.

My Yastuna 2 release will be back in stock at Nicks Webshop at the same time.

Additional you will get a nice Lynx-Style Box.

Yastuna 1 will be sold with a Lynx-Style Box from the start.

Yastuna 1 should be the same price as Yastuna 2.

Kind Regards Lynxman

Ready to buy a copy of this. I would like another copy just like the one pictured (RED PCB) to match my other one. Please let me know when it is available for purchase and where.

Great work. The Tetrisnoid is a really great idea that I had a chance to play earlier. Unfortunately I have not yet had enough time to play it to find out what kind of strategy you should have to get high scores. This is definitely a good candidate for the High Score Club.

I am glad to see that these games are out now and not gathering dust in a cupboard.

--

Karri

Count me as another one who'd like to see an "official" cart version of this game. Some of us do prefer to play it on the Lynx instead of through an emulator, and would like a "collectible" version with manual and case. :)

Hello Sauron,

soon available at the 16/32 Webshop from Nick Harlow. Please see picture for details.

Fadest will not release a cart version by himself.

Please feel free to buy "my release".

Kind Regards

Lynxman

post-12435-1214429453_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lynxman

Hello Sauron,

soon available at the 16/32 Webshop from Nick Harlow. Please see picture for details.

Fadest will not release a cart version by himself.

Please feel free to buy "my release".

Kind Regards

Lynxman

That looks great!

A very nice and complete cart version.

Very nice! But still I think it's a little bit sad that you are not releasing any official cart versions of your games.

I understand your point, there are some reasons who made me decide to do this way. I do not claim this is the best solution.

As I'm not on hardware side, I was not able to produce cartridges by myself, so I would depend on someone else. This is not a big issue of course.

I also was not really interested in marketing and selling side of the business. You have probably noticed that this announcement is quite minimal ;)

I didn't want to face an overproduction or a shortage of games, even if in my opinion, the first solution is better than the second.

I also wanted to keep the price as low as possible.

The solution I choose really please me because everyone can test on Handy, then decide to build or buy his own cartridge. Even in 5 or 10 years, if someone want to play the game on his real Lynx, he will be able to get a cartridge for an affordable price, even if I am not in the Lynx scene anymore (who knows what can happen in 10 years).

The other reason is that, in my opinion, the games still miss some features to be considered as equal to full games. I know this sound quite strange that a developper say this kind of things, but I'm probably a bit pessimist by nature, and even if I'm very proud of the games I made (and especially the awesome graphics made by Templeton on Space Incident), I also see some points that still do not please me 100%.

The release of Yastuna 2 was a kind of test, 1 year after, I'm very happy with what the community made with it. Everyone with a flash card has been able to play it. We got a first release via Ebay (VHS style box) very quickly. I know some of you built their own cartridges and distributed them to friends. I know some american shop also made a production. We got the german experience, with the awesome red PCB from Lynxman (specific to the game, and the best homebrew looking PCB with Songbird's one imho), then Matashen liked the game and made an original style box (he gave me permission to put the layout on my website, you can build it if you want) and finally, a german manual. In France, the RGC association made their own release with an original style box, and a great artwork especially done for the game, and a color manual with specific artwork too.

Just have a look on the box :

IMGP0067.JPG

As far as I know, all or most of these releases have been done with a really decent price.

I am really proud and pleased with the fact that the Lynx community took the project and bringed it far beyond that what I would have been able to do by myself.

Of course, I understand that an official release could sound better to some of you, but when I look at what have been done with Yastuna 2, I think I choosed a right solution, even if this was not the only one right solution of course.

I admire what you have done for the Lynx community, and I really hope future releases (from everyone) follow the same suit. Will you become rich in this field. More than likely not, but it really can't hurt to release the game like you did with everyone getting a chance to get a copy of the game at the fraction of the price that you see for some games: for example... the repros at B&C

(I'm not ripping them, I just find it tough to swallow $40 or more on a repro cart that is/was produced in mass numbers. Granted... I see paying that for a lynx game PRIOR to an Atari 2600 homebrew. That's just my opinion though)

As soon as these are available, I will place an order. I want another red cart! LOL They really look great in the pictures above, but in person, they are awesome! If you have not got one yet, my suggestion to all Lynx fans: Grab one! Now if only there was a real flash card we could all use that looked like that!

I admire what you have done for the Lynx community, and I really hope future releases (from everyone) follow the same suit.

There is no reason to do so. Everyone should choose their way to do and feel free to release his game with his official release.

I can understand that someone else want to do this, and I will probably buy their games. And I hope they will get some money from their work.

It's not because freeware or shareware exist on computer that all games became free ;)

Can't seem to find it. I've looked twice today

I imagine it'll be posted once he actually gets the carts in. What I'm wondering is if those of us in the Colonies will have to purchase directly from him or if someone like Songbird will be the North American distributer.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't seem to find it. I've looked twice today

I imagine it'll be posted once he actually gets the carts in. What I'm wondering is if those of us in the Colonies will have to purchase directly from him or if someone like Songbird will be the North American distributer.

Video 61 should have this in stock on or around July 21st,he said this 2wks ago.