IGNORED

Any love for Odyssey2 system?

toymailman

I recently got an Odyssey2 system with some games and its quite fun! Heck it turns out there wern't too many games made for it and I think I have a nearly complete set in about 3 months of auctions.

I was playing Turtles for a few hours and really got into it (funny catchy background music). All of the Voice Enhanced games crack me up with the voice that comes on. "Oh No!" "Hurry!" "That's Great!" "You Blew It!"

Actually,I don't think I've played mine more than a couple of times ever. Which is probably a shame because I managed o find a complete PowerLords in the wild a few summers back. With so many other consoles and MAME I just never really got around to checking out the O2. I'll have to put it on the "to do"list :cool:

I do agree that the voice add on is a great novelty

Well if you have ever wondered, or thought about Odyssey2 keep an eye on Chuck Wagon, because I'm going to be rolling out plenty on there in coming weeks. I Love it! There is also a guy selling 128 in 1 carts for $50, and a whole homebrew scene that has a tetris clone with voice. It's what I grew up on before switching to 7800, so it's another one of those systems that always has a fond place in my heart.

AX

I love my O2! I've got maybe 15-20 games for it. I played it at my Aunts house when I was a kid and recently acquired it last year in another Aunt's shed when I was helping her move. :)

I was pretty addicted to KC Munchkin for a while... until my wife made me clean up my toys. :(

Here is a high score thread, that would be nice if it could get pinned:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120996

I also love the O2.

The homebrew game KTAA (Kill the Attacking Aliens) gets a lot of time at my house, as well as K.C.'s Crazy Chase and Smithereens when friends come over.

I've heard Killer Bees is a great game, but have yet to aquire it. Hopefully later this summer.

I'll have to chime in as well. The O2 can be such great fun. It's sadly under appreciated. I also have the John Donzilla made multi-cart. Quite possibly the best $50 I've spent in some time.

I'll second the motion of the O2 HSC being pinned.

Edited by darthkur

I'll have to chime in as well. The O2 can be such great fun. It's sadly under appreciated. I also have the John Donzilla made multi-cart. Quite possibly the best $50 I've spent in some time.

I just sent a PM to see about getting the O2 HST pinned. Hopefully if it gets pinned it will bring some more competition to it. I have been neglecting my O2 so I'm going to have to play some games on it tonight. Does anybody have a link to the site that is selling the $50 multicats?

I just sent a PM to see about getting the O2 HST pinned. Hopefully if it gets pinned it will bring some more competition to it. I have been neglecting my O2 so I'm going to have to play some games on it tonight. Does anybody have a link to the site that is selling the $50 multicats?

Here are some links selling O2 homebrew stuff.

Classic Game Creations

http://www.classicgamecreations.com/multicart.html

Packrat Video Games

http://www.packratvg.com/

Classic Consoles

http://www.dieterkoenig.at/ccc/

Anyone know of others?

The Atari2600 HSC seems to be doing well, and now I can play the O2 HSC on top of it!

It doesn't surprise me that some of the HSC's are slowing down during the summer. I would expect them to pick back up when it starts getting colder again.

The 2600 is the one console that should be immune to the summer slow down, just because of the volume of people that participate.

I actually own 3 O2s... and the "voice" for the first one I ever had. I am a big fan of Attack of the Timelord... and spent many hours when I was a kid playing that game. :)

You have 3 O2's, but the last score you submitted was emulated? ;)

Nothing wrong with that... I do the same thing in the 2600 HSC. I usually play on my laptop while I'm at work.

I have 2 O2's, but one doesn't work. I rewired the controllers to a 2600 pinout and made a 2600 to O2 adapter for my working O2. Now I can use the O2 controllers on my Atari's and my Atari controllers on my O2. I like things to be interchangeable. :)

I actually own 3 O2s... and the "voice" for the first one I ever had. I am a big fan of Attack of the Timelord... and spent many hours when I was a kid playing that game. :)

Nothing wrong with that... I do the same thing in the 2600 HSC. I usually play on my laptop while I'm at work.

I have 2 O2's, but one doesn't work. I rewired the controllers to a 2600 pinout and made a 2600 to O2 adapter for my working O2. Now I can use the O2 controllers on my Atari's and my Atari controllers on my O2. I like things to be interchangeable. :)

Yeah, there is a reason for that... I own a lot of machines, but I just moved to Georgia (I flew here) and couldn't bring any of them with me. :(

All the games I play for the 8-bit HSC are emulated too.

Yeah, there is a reason for that... I own a lot of machines, but I just moved to Georgia (I flew here) and couldn't bring any of them with me. :(

All the games I play for the 8-bit HSC are emulated too.

Sucks that you don't have your systems with you, but at least you can still play. :)

I'm detecting a bit of sarcasm from Chris++ and Recycled... ;) The collision detection in bowling drives me nuts, though!