IGNORED

Atari OS and Hardware Manuals - Get them here

Rybags

• 3 months later...
Those are awesome..

Is there a Sam's Computerfacts for the 130XE or XF551?

There was one for the 130XE, but so far as I know there never was one for the XF551 drive. At least it isn't in my 1998 Sam's catalog.

Unfortunately, I don't have the 130XE ComputerFacts, or any service data for either of those pieces of Atari hardware. And I couldn't find anything when I looked for it.

Best Electronics lists the 130XE ComputerFacts as sold out, but he might have one floating around if you call him. He did when I was looking for a ComputerFacts for the 800XL.

I've sent off an email to a friend (Hias) who's been helpful before when I was looking for hard to find service data. If he can help I'll post whatever he hooks me up with here. =^.^=

BobKat

Greetings I am looking for Sam's computerfacts for atari 130XE, you have it?, You could share?

thanks

• 4 months later...

Sorry, but i have some trouble to unzip the Sam's Computerfacts (800XL and 1050).

I have put the first (without Number) and the unzipped parts (.z**) in a directory and use 7Zip to extract.

But the first part (without a number) cant open as ZIP.

Can anybody help me, please?

Valerie

Sorry, but i have some trouble to unzip the Sam's Computerfacts (800XL and 1050).

I have put the first (without Number) and the unzipped parts (.z**) in a directory and use 7Zip to extract.

But the first part (without a number) cant open as ZIP.

Can anybody help me, please?

Valerie

Valerie,

Read post #31 first. It's on page 2 of this topic. That post has my corrected instructions for the files I ULed. The instructions I had with the original posting had a typo or error of some kind in them... =^.^=;;

Lastly, make sure that you have DLed all the parts and that you unzipped all of the numbered parts into a separate working directory.

If you are still having problems after that, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you.

BobKat =^.^=

Here are revised instructions for unzipping the multipart archives I uploaded to this topic two years ago. =^.^=;;

On the multipart archives, the file that has NO number in the filename is the primary zip file that has the directory info in it. This one is NOT double-zipped so leave it alone at first.

Somewhere along the line the BBS/forum software changed all the base names of the files. The base name of the first part of each set of files no longer matches the other parts. Which will make most archivers unable to find the other parts to extract.

*sigh* =o.O=;;

All of the files with a number in the filename are double-zipped because of the funky attachement restrictions being used here. I had tried renaming them to something like file.partXX.zip but that wouldn't work at all when I tested extracting them.

So to extract the multipart archives do the following.

1) Unzip all of the files that have numbers in the file names into a work directory.

2) Move/copy the file that has no number in the filename into the work directory you just used in step 1.

3) Rename the file you just moved in step 2 to match all the other parts.

800XL___Sam__s_ComputerFacts.zip should be renamed to:

"800XL - Sam's ComputerFacts.zip"

and...

Atari_1050_Disk_Drive___Sam__s_ComputerFacts.zip should be renamed to:

"Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Sam's ComputerFacts.zip"

4) Unzip from the file you renamed in step 3 and everything should extract just fine into a single PDF file.

BobKat =^.^=

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great thread Rybags

Can you (or anyone) point me in the direction of a 410 Cassette Field Service manual?

As this has a built in PSU, im not sure of the internal voltage after the AC is rectified - and need to know the voltage to do some modding...

Hope someone can help!

• 3 years later...

It might be the Field Service Manual (not sure as I've only got a PDF which is a partial scan).

Maybe just show pics of a few of the contents pages.

In the field service manual, example pages: 1-8 MPU pin assignment diagram

1-9 Antic pin assignments

2-3 400 motherboard silkscreen

• Like 1

The 400/800 Field Service Manual we all know, FD100001, came out as Rev. 1 in Jun 1982, and Rev. 2 in May 1983.

This "Personal Computer System Service Manual" appears to be a completely different document, that would have been superseded when the FD100001 came out. We can see that this version is from from May 1981, and that an earlier original version came out in August 1980. Maybe they're around somewhere, but I know I've never encountered these before.

Yes I think you have a real find, and I for one would love to see the whole thing scanned and shared somewhere, if you're willing!

• Like 3

In comparing the older Service Manual to the later FSM, parts I see exclusively in the earlier one include the extensive setup and operations section at the beginning, including descriptions of all the peripherals planned at that time, the preventative maintenance section, and the troubleshooting section. In the FSM the setup and operations stuff was replaced with the "theory of operation," maintenance was dropped, and troubleshooting was completely re-written as far as I can tell. Maybe to better integrate with the SALT Stand-ALone Test cartridge? I see very little content exactly the same, though I noticed the disassembly is the same, including most of the illustrations.

Oh, how about Figure 5-2 "Stand Alone Test Special Tools" on page 5-8 in the older manual. The Peripheral Port Test Connector and the Hand Controller Jack Test Connector are mentioned in the later FSM, but the pictures of these were removed. So I, for one, don't think I ever knew what these devices looked like before seeing them now.

I find it fascinating to see how a document like this evolved over time. There are probably more gems of unique info contained the the old manual that will take a while to spot. No question the older manual was the predecessor to the later FSM, with many of the same objectives, but for the most part it was a total re-write from the earlier to the later document.

• Like 2