IGNORED

Best GBA games that ARENT 16-bit conversions

I have been collecting GB and GBC games for a while and decided to pick up a graphite GBA SP and I've only picked up 4 games so far (Two Castlevania's Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dis.., plus Metroid Fusion and Super Mario World Advance) they all either are (in the case of SMWA) almost excact freplica's of 16bit SNES titles or very similar. I was wondering what original games for the GBA are the best?

thanks

Any of the Bit Generations titles are good

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/723/723008p1.html

I particularly recommend Digidrive.

Also Rythm Tengoku is a fantastic rythm game but is only available in Japanese. The good news is you can sort of figure out what needs to be be done in the game since you really only push one or two buttons through the whole thing.

wario ware, especially 'twisted' are good.

I tend to like it's racing games as well. V-rally 3, motoracer advance, lego drome racers--there's actually tons.

As far as RPG's, there's tons of them too. Golden sun and mazes of fate come to mind (Mazes will be very rare, buy soon)

There are so many good games for the system, I think I'll stop there--but what kind of games are you into? GBA has something for just about everybody--heck, it's even got gun games...

Super Mario 4 which is the updated NES version of Super Mario Bros 3

Smash and Drive

Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

If you have a flash cart then you need to get the GB/GBC emulator for your regular gameboy games, assuming you're using a ds or a micro

there is also a cool new hombrew game called Aguna: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=9

Second on Mario vs DK, really brings the best of old and new together.

Lego Star Wars 2 is pretty fun

Not original exactly, but Doom and Doom 2 are awesome ports

Super Monkey Ball Jr

Scrabble Blast is a great word puzzle game, like a cross between Scrabble, Boggle, and Tetris, sort of.

It really depends on what you are into, I personally prefer the GBA library of games to what I've seen so far on the DS. :)

If you are into strategy games, Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars and Rebelstar Tactical Command are good.

I love rebelstar. It's like xcom--but sadly less so than I'd've liked. It's worth noting that the v1.0 release of this game is broken and cannot be completed (oops). Since I suck, I never made it far enough to see this...

Tactics Ogre is a nice strategy too--and it's not a port of the snes title.