IGNORED

mumbai

Crazy Climber

I bought a Colecovision System w/ hookups and games from mumbai recently.

Apart from a long and drawn out communication phase which was due to circumstances beyond mumbai's control, and some items that we're damaged in shipping despite some REALLY elaborate and careful packaging, so I blame USPS on that one-- I can't really complain too much about my experience with this seller and would still buy from them again if given the chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a Colecovision System w/ hookups and games from mumbai recently.

Apart from a long and drawn out communication phase which was due to circumstances beyond mumbai's control, and some items that we're damaged in shipping despite some REALLY elaborate and careful packaging, so I blame USPS on that one-- I can't really complain too much about my experience with this seller and would still buy from them again if given the chance.

Unfortunately the long and drawn out communication phase is more the rule than the exception with Don. I'm not sure why there aren't more people speaking the truth out here but I've tried on numerous occasions to complete a deal and after a YEAR Don decided to walk away from the transaction because I voiced my dissatisfaction over how long it had been and how many broken promises of completion he had thrown at me.

I get being busy, it sucks being a grown up, but no-one is so busy that they can't put an order together in a years time, not even mumbai. Just in case you can't read between the lines I'll spell it out: Don has forgotten what customer service is and after a lot of work on my part, and failed communications with Don he pulls out on the customer. You need to treat this guy with kid gloves, and if you hear anything along the lines of "I'll not have a chance until this weekend" just walk away...

Unfortunately the long and drawn out communication phase is more the rule than the exception with Don. I'm not sure why there aren't more people speaking the truth out here but I've tried on numerous occasions to complete a deal and after a YEAR Don decided to walk away from the transaction because I voiced my dissatisfaction over how long it had been and how many broken promises of completion he had thrown at me.

It is true that a proposed trade with atariluvr77 failed to materialize after an extended period of time. Guilty as charged.

However, the ultimate reason for this was not some mere voicing of dissatisfaction, but rather a stream of derogatory private communication directed toward me that still hasn't ended, even after this hatchet job, despite repeated requests to simply stop and move on.

• Like 1

I have bought from Don multiple times and always have been delighted with everything.

Some transactions took a bit of time to hammer out, but items were mint, often very rare, well priced and well packed.

He is not running a business, he is giving us the great opportunity of buying his awesome items collected over many years at prices below the going rates. He is also a treasure of shared coleco info.

If you don't want to work with him on his terms to get the chance to get some great items that's your loss. I'm sure acting like a dick to him and publicly bashing him will do wonders for the situation :facepalm:

Really Don?

In fact I have stopped, now that my point has been made. Had you not kept replying with nonsensical verbiage I would have stopped much sooner. There was nothing derogatory about what I said, it was all VERY factual and based on true events, and multiple promises made by you that were not followed thru on. If anyone would like to see the exchange LMK.

I have a right and a duty to let other community members know how I was treated. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention, as I mentioned to you, that I was more than polite and understanding up until yesterday, when I received your reply that clearly stated "Feel free to avoid further trading with me if unasked-for criticism is part of the package. I don't need it, and it doesn't further things in any meaningful way." -- seems a bit sarcastic, is it just me? This was in response to me stating it odd that he posted to his sales thread seeking new orders before concluding what was already in the pipeline. Mind you, this was not a small order I had been working on, and it was only one of several orders placed in the past. Sounds like I was a pretty good customer doesn't it?

Let me reiterate... Don has forgotten what customer service is, and apparently what a good customer is. Anybody else out here that would have hung on for such an extended period?

"Feel free to avoid further trading with me if unasked-for criticism is part of the package. I don't need it, and it doesn't further things in any meaningful way." -- seems a bit sarcastic, is it just me?

It's just you. I'm not engaging this/you any further, here or elsewhere.

Stupus, I believe this forum is meant for exactly what I used it for... I'm not exaggerating in any way. If you feel the need to stand behind Don on a transaction that went well beyond the realm of any reasonable length of time, only to have it fall apart because he couldn't take the truth of the matter, then you have the right to do so. As I said, I was a good customer, a loyal customer, and VERY reasonable with Don throughout.

I agree feeling led on can be irritating. But I think your wrong in thinking you are his customer.

He owes you nothing and he provides these items on whatever terms he chooses.

I also agree it's good to post in the feedback forum your experiences.

That's why I also wanted to reiterate those I have had with Don as well.

And yes I have hung on for months even years with various people to make deals for things I really want. Not with Don but with others. Sometimes that's what it takes if you want some really unique items. People can be busy, depressed, sick, not sure they want to sell etc. Some kind persistence can work wonders sometimes.

I agree feeling led on can be irritating. But I think your wrong in thinking you are his customer.

He owes you nothing and he provides these items on whatever terms he chooses.

I agree with everything you wrote above with the exception of the presumption that I'm not a customer... I'm a customer, as in, Don has spent a couple thousand dollars of my hard earned money, type customer. That's where the "good" and "loyal" part of the equation comes in.

Just to set the record straight, I made it very clear that I was still willing to go through with this particular transaction even in light of Don's BS. He offers good quality items at generally reasonable prices. Several of the items I bought from him are standouts in my collection and he knows that. I'm not trying to kill his dealings, I would be ignorant to think I could even do that.

Frankly, I'm still willing to go thru with the transaction, Don turned away stating "I'm not interested in dealing with someone who's somehow still beating a dead horse to prove a point irrelevant to me". I don't think the point I was trying to make was irrelevant at all, not in the least. It's certainly not something I would ever say to someone who's been loyal to me and whom I've brushed off for such a long time. I would take the criticism like a man and send them some free stuff in there package... but that's just me.

No one is obligated to enter into a transaction with another member. If "mumbai" decides for his own reasons that he no longer wishes to trade with "atariluvr77", that's his choice. Now that everyone has aired their grievances, let's please end the discussion here and not allow it to spill over into other areas (or into private messages). Time for everyone to lower their pistols.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of purchasing a ColecoVision console bundle with games from Don (AA user mumbai). Excellent communicator via private messages about his inventory, which is extensive. Prices were quite reasonable. Everything arrived in excellent condition. Without question, the pack job that Don did on my items was the most professional I have EVER seen. From labeled interior boxes to cushioning to each cartridge within the interior box being put into a cart baggie. I could go on, but you get the picture. I couldn't be happier with my ColecoVision system and games bundle! He even followed up while out of town to make sure that the package had arrived and that I was satisfied with everything. Just a stand-up guy all around.

Purchase with confidence from Don.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...