IGNORED

ABC To The VCS 2nd edition

I've begun working on a second edition of ABC To The VCS, after receiving letters from several people looking for the first edition. Chris Cavanaugh has agreed to edit the book and Michael Thomasson will supply the cover.

The book will be similar to the original in text but will also include b&w screen shots for each game, and will cover all of the information that was in the first book, along with all of the prototypes and homebrews that have been discovered/released since 1995.

My question here is how much interest in there in the book? The first edition was photocopied so I could more or less print them in batches of 50 or so as demand warranted. The second edition will be professional printed and I'm trying to determine exactly how many copies to print. One thousand copies of Phoenix 3 were printed. ABC To The VCS' print run will not be anywhere near there. Also, I cannot determine a price per copy until the book is completed.

Also, is there anything that anyone wants in the book that was missing from the first edition?

Thanks for your help!

How "completely complete" are you planning on making it? For instance, will Rainbowvision, etc. games be in there?

That's a good question. I don't have any information about Rainbowvision and some information about the unique PAL games. I would like to make it complete as far as the NTSC games are concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm still waiting fir feedback from the three people who said they would proofread the old book (well one of them has been sending my chapters on an irregular basis). Also, I'm tied up during the next ten weeks in a real intensive training class.

Leonard Herman

• 2 weeks later...