IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Cool, now I just need an Aquarius.

AX

I was just thinking the same thing. how much are the Aquarius carts?

We're still working on putting together a limited production run of multi-carts, so until those plans are finalized, we won't be ready to announce a final price. However, we'll try to keep it within the $55 price range, and we also plan to upgrade the design to a 16-in-1 cartridge, large enough to hold almost the entire library of Aquarius cartridges. See this thread for the most up-to-date information, and if you're interested in getting your own multicart, let us know!

Anyway, getting back to the genesis stuff, hopefully someone can answer this question for me which I haven't gotten any clear info on yet. Is it possible to back up savedata from the Sega CD's storage? I have hypothesized that if you could get that cartridge that copies saves over and then use some cart copier it might be possible, but I don't know. I'm a big fan of backing up my savegames, especially when dealing with RPGs, so this is a concern for me. I have the same question about Turbografx-CD rpgs, though I think it's even less likely, unless these TGE flashcarts have some sort of SRAM storage. Can anyone help me with these questions?

Yes, I can confirm that you can back up SCD saves with the Neo Myth unit. I used the open source programmer released by Madmonkey to do this. I actually had to nudge him to add the feature, but he fixed it up for me the same day. All you have to do is launch the SCD_SRAM.bin that comes included with the latest menu, go to "option" in the SCD bios and copy your saves onto the cart. Then hook the cart up and copy the SRAM back to your computer. Really easy.

You can do the same with the official programmer, but you have to copy the entire 2K SRAM at once. That's both carts and SCD.

I still haven't tried the SRAM function of the PC-E cart, but it does contain SRAM. When I get a chance I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for checking that out for me :) At least there's a way to do it then. Didn't Sega release a cartridge for the segacd to expand the memory? Would it be possible to transfer saves to that and then back up the sram with any genesis cart copier (like the tototek or any other one?) If not, then I guess I'll get the Neo Myth. I'd rather get the newer one that uses SD cards, but the ability to backup sram is indeed something I want so I might get both.

Thanks again for checking on the PCE one too. I'm still trying to piece together my turbografx/pcengine so I can even play games on it, and as far as I can tell its nigh impossible to find the cdrom attachment unit (it's easier to find the jaguar CD than it is to find that :P). So unless I can get that or a turboduo-rx then I guess it's not as big of a deal right now :)

Thanks for checking that out for me :) At least there's a way to do it then. Didn't Sega release a cartridge for the segacd to expand the memory? Would it be possible to transfer saves to that and then back up the sram with any genesis cart copier (like the tototek or any other one?) If not, then I guess I'll get the Neo Myth. I'd rather get the newer one that uses SD cards, but the ability to backup sram is indeed something I want so I might get both.

I don't know if you can back up the SRAM from the official cart easily. I kind of doubt it, there's going to be more SRAM on the official memory cart than any genesis cart so that might confuse a cartridge copier. The Myth MD is worth it anyway for other features like SMS games with FM support, 32X, etc.

And just to clarify, there's only one Myth MD. What you have to buy to get SD support is a GBA flash cart that plugs into the Myth MD. It's the Neo2SD. And yeah, it's expensive if you just buy one.

I don't know if you can back up the SRAM from the official cart easily. I kind of doubt it, there's going to be more SRAM on the official memory cart than any genesis cart so that might confuse a cartridge copier. The Myth MD is worth it anyway for other features like SMS games with FM support, 32X, etc.

And just to clarify, there's only one Myth MD. What you have to buy to get SD support is a GBA flash cart that plugs into the Myth MD. It's the Neo2SD. And yeah, it's expensive if you just buy one.

Oh ok, I just figured it would be a software update to be able to access the larger sram on the official cart. Do you think it would confuse the tototek copier/writer?

And, to clarify, by "newer one that uses SD cards" I was referring to the Everdrive-MD cart, which uses SD cards natively (instead of the SD-GBA cart thingy). I was trying to say I'll probably end up getting both the myth and everdrive. The everdrive supports SMS, 32X, and doesn't require extra stuff just to access an SD card. The only thing I'm not sure of is if it has the ability to backup sram from the segacd. If only the Neomyth cart can do that, then I guess I'll have to get that as well.

Is there a Lynx flashcart that has lots of storage instead of just a few games? I'm also looking for a Gameboy flashcart with the same thing.

I only know of two gameboy flash carts. There's the still-in-production one that takes a usb cable to load a few games on, though is pretty easy to find and get. And the other option is to get a certain GBA flash cart (not sure which model, but its the older type with embedded flash memory--Flashadvance or something), and then get what's called a GB-Bridge which lets the gameboy advance play GB/GBC roms (due to I think a voltage difference). Or, you could go with emulation I suppose, but I usually prefer the 100% compatibility of a cart. That's all I know of, and the GB-Bridge is quite a rare item to find online (ebay would be your best bet I suppose).

http://www.jandaman.com/gameboybridge.shtml

Since those gba flashcarts could get large it's theoretically possible to put lots of gb roms on there, so that might work for you.

As for Lynx, I'm only aware of one lynx cart that was ever produced here, and hopefully it's still being made so I can afford one someday. Hope that helps.

there are two "new" usb type gameboy flashcarts, one allows multiple roms at a time with a menu, the other does not. there are at least half a dozen older style flashcarts for the GB/GBC that all use an old outdated parallel port to upload roms. there is the GBA flashcart with the gb bridge but you can't find the gb bridge anymore and it is very cumbersome to use.

like alateral pointed out, emulation is the only other way to run gb/gbc roms and you can not do it on original hardware, only gba or later.

Is there a Lynx flashcart that has lots of storage instead of just a few games? I'm also looking for a Gameboy flashcart with the same thing.

I only know of two gameboy flash carts. There's the still-in-production one that takes a usb cable to load a few games on, though is pretty easy to find and get. And the other option is to get a certain GBA flash cart (not sure which model, but its the older type with embedded flash memory--Flashadvance or something), and then get what's called a GB-Bridge which lets the gameboy advance play GB/GBC roms (due to I think a voltage difference). Or, you could go with emulation I suppose, but I usually prefer the 100% compatibility of a cart. That's all I know of, and the GB-Bridge is quite a rare item to find online (ebay would be your best bet I suppose).

http://www.jandaman.com/gameboybridge.shtml

Since those gba flashcarts could get large it's theoretically possible to put lots of gb roms on there, so that might work for you.

As for Lynx, I'm only aware of one lynx cart that was ever produced here, and hopefully it's still being made so I can afford one someday. Hope that helps.

I spoke to the guy who had the Lynx flashcart in here but I can not remember his name. Did it support many roms on the cart at once or one at a time?

Neo Myth MD http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&cat=0&page=1 : This is perhaps the most flexible flash cart out for the MD. It has 8 MBytes of RAM, 1 Kbits of EEPROM, a YM2413 FM chip, and a socket for a GBA/NDS flash cart. It comes with a 512 Mbit GBA/NDS flash cart which also has 2 Mbits of SaveRAM. You can get other GBA/NDS flash carts (Neo brand only) for more flash space, or even an SD card interface. It is programmed via USB and runs pretty much everything (except VR for the MD and that 10MB MK3 hack), including SMS games. The FM chip on the MD Myth is for SMS games that support FM audio (mostly Japanese games). However, this is also the most expensive flash cart. I do recommend this one if you can save up the money.

SD support is now available per the Neo Flash website. I can not find the SD adapter on the IC website... argh!! :-)

SD support is now available per the Neo Flash website. I can not find the SD adapter on the IC website... argh!! :-)

I couldn't find it, either. I would *love* SD based multicarts for SMS and Genesis...

It's mentioned in this post earlier in this thread.

Mitch

I couldn't find it, either. I would *love* SD based multicarts for SMS and Genesis...

Mitch

Those appear to be for DS and GBA. Correct me if I'm wrong but people are hoping for an SD memory solution Flash Cart for Master system and Genesis.

AX

Mitch

Those appear to be for DS and GBA. Correct me if I'm wrong but people are hoping for an SD memory solution Flash Cart for Master system and Genesis.

AX

Those are the plug in modules, the main unit is here.

Mitch

Mitch

AX

Mitch

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You da man, that's what everyone has been looking for.

AX

Mitch

AX

Mitch

Ah, I finally get it. The website and descriptions weren't exactly clear for those of us unfamiliar with DS flash carts.

The NEO2-SD is a DS cart that accepts multiple types of flash memory, including SD. It appears to have been released in late 2006 with the promise that later adapters would be made for the Genesis, SNES, and N64. Cost: $69 + shipping.

The NEO Myth MD is a Genesis/Megadrive adapter for NEO memory products. It comes with a 512MB NEO card and a USB connection for loading from a computer. Cost: $139 + shipping.

Out-of-the-box, the NEO Myth MD can be used as a Genesis multicart, but to have SD/flash card compatibility the NEO2-SD must be additionally purchased.

Now that I understand how it works and the price, I will rephrase my original statement:

------

I would love *reasonably priced* SD based multicarts for SMS and Genesis...

Edited by akator

That would indeed be cool, since RetroUSB makes awesome products.

On the other hand, if you want a MD/SMS cart, the Everdrive is much cheaper and takes SD cards natively. I'm not sure if it has 100% SMS compatibility (and it also might require only .bin files), but with some limitations in mind like that, it might work out. You also need to gut some crappy sports game to get a shell for it too, but it's what, $65? That sounds reasonably priced to me :)

On the other hand, if you want a MD/SMS cart, the Everdrive is much cheaper and takes SD cards natively. I'm not sure if it has 100% SMS compatibility (and it also might require only .bin files), but with some limitations in mind like that, it might work out. You also need to gut some crappy sports game to get a shell for it too, but it's what, $65? That sounds reasonably priced to me :)

The lack of electronic payment (without a wire transfer fee of $10) is a little worrisome, so I guess I've been waiting to hear if/when multiple people have had successful transactions buying the Everdrive...

I got my genny flash cart from the guy in the Ukraine. it actually arrived two days ago but the package required a signature and I wasn't home so I had to go to pick it up. the shipping was very fast.

this thing is NICE. I highly suggest getting one. I may import a half dozen to sell here if I get enough interest from people wary of using a wire transfer or whatever.

the webiste seems to be down right now: http://krikzz.com/index.html

I wrote to the guy asking about it. probably some server outage in his part of the world.

edit: the roms I used are all smd, sms so no bin required. I just used the usual roms everyone has access to and it works great. it really is quite sweet, the flash os used is very polished and easy to use. one thing I did have to do was format the sd using the flash os internally. the one I set up on my computer, fat16, could not be used but once I formatted it using the cart, all was fine. I have a 2gb card with all the gen and sms roms, with bad dumps and dupes deleted and still have a few hundred mb to spare

I got my genny flash cart from the guy in the Ukraine. it actually arrived two days ago but the package required a signature and I wasn't home so I had to go to pick it up. the shipping was very fast.

this thing is NICE. I highly suggest getting one. I may import a half dozen to sell here if I get enough interest from people wary of using a wire transfer or whatever.

the webiste seems to be down right now: http://krikzz.com/index.html

I wrote to the guy asking about it. probably some server outage in his part of the world.

edit: the roms I used are all smd, sms so no bin required. I just used the usual roms everyone has access to and it works great. it really is quite sweet, the flash os used is very polished and easy to use. one thing I did have to do was format the sd using the flash os internally. the one I set up on my computer, fat16, could not be used but once I formatted it using the cart, all was fine. I have a 2gb card with all the gen and sms roms, with bad dumps and dupes deleted and still have a few hundred mb to spare

I'd be in for one for sure. The only reason I dont have one now is the pain in the butt of doing a money order.

I'd be in for one for sure. The only reason I dont have one now is the pain in the butt of doing a money order.

well, you can't even get an international money order to the ukraine. I went to the post office and they told me it was on "the list", whatever the fuck that means... you can not get an international money order to send there afaik.

keep in mind if I import them I will be selling them a bit higher than $65. probably like $75 or $80. I might make custom cases from recycled genny carts too and a manual which it desperately needs for simple questions. anyway, you won't save that much money getting it from me vs the $20 western union fee but you'll have paypal protection and assurance from me that you'll get it with no hassle.

well, you can't even get an international money order to the ukraine. I went to the post office and they told me it was on "the list", whatever the fuck that means... you can not get an international money order to send there afaik.

keep in mind if I import them I will be selling them a bit higher than $65. probably like $75 or $80. I might make custom cases from recycled genny carts too and a manual which it desperately needs for simple questions. anyway, you won't save that much money getting it from me vs the $20 western union fee but you'll have paypal protection and assurance from me that you'll get it with no hassle.

that would be great Mark! I was hoping it would get a case also.. Hope to see a review from someone who gets it soon.

that would be great Mark! I was hoping it would get a case also.. Hope to see a review from someone who gets it soon.

once I play with it more I will post a mini review with more details. just for now take my word that it rocks hard! :P

btw: I have a dremmel and some good tools so I can def make some cases and put together a quick and easy faq/manual in a text format so, we'll see if we can get like 6 people to put down a deposit via paypal for me to import them, put 'em in a case and then send 'em out to the buyers. I hope to have better luck then when axe tried to do this last year with the tg16 flash cards