IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Yeah, that's the first I heard about GBA patching too.

This is the $20 GBA cart that I mentioned earlier btw (the elink):

http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/BrowseReviews.dx/sku.10369

I got it for a friend for a christmas present and aside from the software issues (he's a mac user) he likes it a lot :)

Edit: And there's no patching required for this one either.

Edited by alaterale

http://www.dealextre...ws.dx/sku.10369

I got it for a friend for a christmas present and aside from the software issues (he's a mac user) he likes it a lot :)

that is a good price for a straight up flash cart but the problem is of course; no removable media, so you need to flash the thing. looks like they no longer sell it though. EMS makes a similar GBA flash cart. I think they even now have a usb version. I can find out how much they want from them.

edit. so ems has only 64M and 128M gba flash carts which sucks since most of the newer gba games are 256M. they do have a usb linker but it looks like crap:

post-3814-127122008509_thumb.jpg

http://www.dealextre...ws.dx/sku.10369

that is a good price for a straight up flash cart but the problem is of course; no removable media, so you need to flash the thing. looks like they no longer sell it though. EMS makes a similar GBA flash cart. I think they even now have a usb version. I can find out how much they want from them.

edit. so ems has only 64M and 128M gba flash carts which sucks since most of the newer gba games are 256M. they do have a usb linker but it looks like crap:

Oops sorry I thought that one was available for sale. I'm pretty sure there are some places that still sell it, though it's been a while.

so ems has only 64M and 128M gba flash carts which sucks since most of the newer gba games are 256M. they do have a usb linker but it looks like crap:

GBA ROMs (that can save) when run through EZ4Client always seem to select 'save patch' which is why I noted 'patching required' like 40 posts ago. ;)

However, I have not seen EZ4 reported to suffer from slowdowns like SupercardSD. Which would as previously posted, likely make EZ4 the best available GBA on GBA removable media solution. Because fixed flash carts suck. :P

I started out wanting to do the flashcard on the GBA SP since the "brighter screen" model is truly a marvel.

The "Supercard SD mini" (or something like that) was all I could find, and was available at dealextreme. Fits poorly, requires patching, not everything runs, pain-in-the-ass manual saving.

Since I started with the M3 DS Real Perfect (or whatever) on the DS I just plain ol' gave up on doing this with a GBA. I mean, I still have the SC but I'll probably not use it. At first I was disappointed because I wasn't a huge DS fan and I am a real GBA fan but now I've gotten used to it and it's really cool having all those games (incl DS) in the system at once.

If you were to give up on the GBA and just go with the M3 DS Real Perfect (again: or whatever it's called) I think you'll forget about GBA. It's pretty fun to play Galaga on Namco Museum DS, GBA Namco Museum, GBA Namco Museum 50th anniv. ed., Game Boy Galxaian/Galaga, and finally NES Galaga - all on one system! I don't know how much more I'll play my GBAs now.

Only thing that SUCKS is the DS can't link with linkable GBA games. What the hell?

that's the first I've heard that the EZIV requires you to patch GBA games. I had assumed it was only for DS roms. That sucks of that is the case.

btw: I just sold the last 64M USB GB/GBC flashcart I had in stock. I will be ordering about 6 more by the end of the month so hit me up if you want one. $50 includes priority shipping in the USA.

I will also get my prototype genny flash cart case done soon and will post photos. I hope to have it by mid week next week.

I can not wait for the Genesis cart. I hope the guy has a stockpile when we order! :-)

I started out wanting to do the flashcard on the GBA SP since the "brighter screen" model is truly a marvel.

The "Supercard SD mini" (or something like that) was all I could find, and was available at dealextreme. Fits poorly, requires patching, not everything runs, pain-in-the-ass manual saving.

Since I started with the M3 DS Real Perfect (or whatever) on the DS I just plain ol' gave up on doing this with a GBA. I mean, I still have the SC but I'll probably not use it. At first I was disappointed because I wasn't a huge DS fan and I am a real GBA fan but now I've gotten used to it and it's really cool having all those games (incl DS) in the system at once.

If you were to give up on the GBA and just go with the M3 DS Real Perfect (again: or whatever it's called) I think you'll forget about GBA. It's pretty fun to play Galaga on Namco Museum DS, GBA Namco Museum, GBA Namco Museum 50th anniv. ed., Game Boy Galxaian/Galaga, and finally NES Galaga - all on one system! I don't know how much more I'll play my GBAs now.

Only thing that SUCKS is the DS can't link with linkable GBA games. What the hell?

You can only use the M3 with the DS, correct? I could not use it with a GBA, etc...? Where are reliable places to buy?

Thanks!

Edited by eebuckeye

You can only use the M3 with the DS, correct? I could not use it with a GBA, etc...? Where are reliable places to buy?

Thanks!

Hi. Yes, this particular M3 - the M3 DS Real "Perfect kit" is DS only. I believe there was another M3 that was a GBA card, was allegedly great (think it was mentioned in this thread, I could be wrong) - but it is not available anymore.

I still would like to use the GBA SP "2" since it's awesome, but I guess I'm S.O.L.

I got my stuff from dealextreme.com. I placed 3-4 orders from them and they are a little slow (since stuff is coming from China or Hong Kong or somewhere) but they were cheap and the shipping was free, and they took Paypal since I don't want to give my credit card info to some shysters halfway around the world. But things have changed recently at Dealextreme - they removed their listings for the DS flashcards! I did some googling and found threads on this and if you know the SKU# (which was in the forums) and clicked on the links they provided (sorry don't remember but you can google a few strings and find one) the link would THEN take you to dealextreme with the desired flashcard "in your cart" despite the fact that a search of listings for sale did not carry it. Seems kind of shady, but I suppose they're still making flashcard sales to those "in the know" from those threads. Saw something about they were afraid of some DMCA copyright crap or something so they removed the actual product listings from their website. I'm kind of surprised - this is undoubtedly going to slash their flashcard business and they were (I'd have to say) and excellent place to order from, amidst all the shysters.

As well, I don't know if the "M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle" is available anymore. It was expensive for a DS flashcard, because it came with the GBA cartridge-thingy that has RAM (and whatever else) in it that works in combo with the flashcard. It was somewhere around $37 (I think) and you could get (months ago when I got mine) other cards that were just the DS card (won't run GBA of course) for $15-$20 (once again months ago). Since all most people are interested in is the "latest and greatest" and cheapest, it doesn't bode well for the M3 DS Real Perfect. Besides, it's not DSi compatible and people seem to foolishly care about that WAY MORE than the ability to play GBA games. In my mind, screw the DSi (for now) because having all those GBA titles on the card significantly outweighs any DSi benefit. As well, with DSi there's constantly firmware updates (don't know if they're downloaded or if they are done when you put in a new DS cartridge) but then sometimes these updates will lock out the flashcard. Then the flashcard maker has to update the firmware of their flashcard to correct for this - in a game of cat and mouse. So even if it works with the DSi now, it may not in the future. With the M3 DS Real Perfect and a standard DS Lite, none of that! It just works, and it plays everything, and it should do so indefinitely. If you can find one somewhere now, better get it while you can. Someone else may have a suggestion, as Dealextreme is the only place I've ever ordered such stuff from and they're not looking too good anymore.

Edited by wood_jl

When I ordered my M3 Perfect Movie Player cart, I believe I got it from divineo, but they might not sell that anymore since it's kind of old tech. The item in the picture is the cart that I have, with the compact flash version.

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/nds-m3adapter.htm

However, I did find a store that apparently has the mini-SD version:

http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-M3-Adaptor-GBA-Mini-SD-16374.html

I seem to be able to add it the shopping cart and such, so if you trust modchipstore.com then that's one potential way to get patchless GBA. Also, from what I recall, there was a feature in the software where you could patch gba and maybe DS games to have realtime save. Aside from that, I never had to patch any gba roms (DS I did, which is why I'm going to be getting a new DS cart sometime that doesn't require such things).

As for the elink, it seems that one could get one here, though I'm not sure if it's the same thing (could just be a case change to better fit the DS lite):

http://www.minionlinestore.com/

And here is what I think is the original version I got for my friend:

http://www.gadgetys.com/en/elink-gba-flash-card-set-for-gba-gbasp-gbm-nds-ndsl-ids-idsl-512m.html

It's odd that it's harder to find, vendors used to be all over google when I searched for it.

When I ordered my M3 Perfect Movie Player cart, I believe I got it from divineo, but they might not sell that anymore since it's kind of old tech. The item in the picture is the cart that I have, with the compact flash version.

I seem to be able to add it the shopping cart and such, so if you trust modchipstore.com then that's one potential way to get patchless GBA. Also, from what I recall, there was a feature in the software where you could patch gba and maybe DS games to have realtime save. Aside from that, I never had to patch any gba roms (DS I did, which is why I'm going to be getting a new DS cart sometime that doesn't require such things).

As for the elink, it seems that one could get one here, though I'm not sure if it's the same thing (could just be a case change to better fit the DS lite):

http://www.gadgetys.com/en/elink-gba-flash-card-set-for-gba-gbasp-gbm-nds-ndsl-ids-idsl-512m.html

It's odd that it's harder to find, vendors used to be all over google when I searched for it.

Thank you both for the info... I have a DS and DSi but would like to use the flash cart on a GBA and the GBA player. Seems like I can not find a flash cart for the GBA specifically that is SD (or micro SD) where the rom does not require patching. Any ideas?

Thank you both for the info... I have a DS and DSi but would like to use the flash cart on a GBA and the GBA player. Seems like I can not find a flash cart for the GBA specifically that is SD (or micro SD) where the rom does not require patching. Any ideas?

I just posted a link to such a cart, the M3 Perfect mini-SD one. It uses micro SD and, like all M3 Perfect GBA movie players that I know of, plays GBA roms perfectly with no patching required.

" * Compatible with all GBA games without any patching required and without any problem during gameplay. NDS games require patching.

* Excellent Save compatibility. It support all saves types with the RTC function.

* Capacity is very flexible and only depends on the card you use, which now are up to 4GBypte (32Gbit) on the market.

* GOLDEN FINGER (CHEAT Code ) employs the IPS system that prevails in the world, with more diverse and powerful distinctive functions than CHT. The unique Auto IPS feature completely prevents computer crash.

* With unique Super Real Time Save Function, easily operates and it can revive without limits.

* SD card +Reader can be used as a U disk and it only needs drag here and there when the game is burning.

* Saves money: SD card can also be used in digital camera and other products, and you can share your card as you need it without the need to buy a dedicated card for your NDS/GBA.

* Supports GBA Games, FC games, Emulator games, GBA Movies, E-book, Cartoon books, browse pictures, enjoy music and so on.

* Supports 4-key reboot to Rom menu function, and supports 4-key reboot beginning function."

And if it's basically the same as my compact flash version (which I think it is aside from the media), it should run fine in the Gameboy Player attachment for the gamecube.

The Elink doesn't require patching either (though it does currently have a windows only software writer), and it functions pretty much like those old fixed size GBA carts did. At 512 I think it will fit any size GBA game, and it's still pretty cheap.

If I'm misunderstanding your requirements I apologize, but from what you stated you needed, either of those should work (ok true the elink doesn't use SD, but it is very cheap :P).

Edited by alaterale

And modchipstore would seem to be a perfect solution for people who wish to give their money to someone and never see anything in return...

I'll repeat it one more time - EZ4 is likely your best bet for something that is still available for GBA on GBA.

And modchipstore would seem to be a perfect solution for people who wish to give their money to someone and never see anything in return...

I'll repeat it one more time - EZ4 is likely your best bet for something that is still available for GBA on GBA.

Ok, well I apologize if that store has ripped people off before, I didn't know, and it's been a while since I bought my cart (too bad divineo isn't an option, I had good experiences with them). Sorry about that :( Just trying to help out.

Been reading more on the EZ Flash IV, here's a good review. The card does not have a real time clock (RTC) on board, so any of those games (Pokemon?) won't work. It can also be used on a DS (I don't have one). I think you can patch multiple games at once, but the filenames may have to match the names in the Flash client's internal list.

PS: I looked high and low, no M3 Perfect to be found. I think they made a small amount and stopped early on. Uses the MiniSD card, but will not work with SDHC format, which is kind of difficult to figure out what version of SD the card is.

Edited by Greg2600

PS: Received the EZ Flash IV today from RealHotStuff.com, very fast. Have to get a miniSD card(s). I've pretty much confirmed that the biggest MiniSD or microSD in MiniSD adapter the EZ IV will take is 2GB. Might need a few of those, since there are many GB of GBA games out there.

Also, there is a Gameboy Color emulator Goomba Color, based on the first Goomba for monochrome GB/GBC. Both supposedly work good, so I'll have to give them a shot first.

The BleepBloop cart is still available, I contacted the creator.

Edited by Greg2600

I've pretty much confirmed that the biggest MiniSD or microSD in MiniSD adapter the EZ IV will take is 2GB.

Correct, anything larger is SDHC and not supported.

Goomba/color is good stuff. :)

I picked up a EZ IV from red hot stuff for $30ish the other day and it arrived amazingly flash. It is also on my list of things to play with. :-)