IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Placed order for 6 more USB 64M GB/GBC carts. will have stock in a couple weeks.

Those GB USB 64M Smart Cards are awesome. :cool:

Let me know what flash card you're using (Brand, miniSD or microSD in mini adapter) with the EZ Flash IV.

Kingston 2GB MicroSD in a MiniSD adapter. You sort of need a pair of tweezers to grab the edge of the MicroSD, but it works great. :)

I did the genny flashcart case tonight. I tried to take some photos but even with the flash on they came out too dark and shadowy. I'll need to wait until tomorrow with sunlight to take proper photos.

is there a label ready? can someone send me the artwork so I can test the printer and label paper I have? I would suggest that the artwork only cover the face of the cart and not the top lip like a commercial cart label does due to the holes.

the only thing left to do is soak the old label off and wash off the glue residue. it looks pretty good although the reset button for SMS games does not stick out far enough, people will need to use a toothpick or something to get at it. I made the hole as big as possible but it is just recessed beneath the top of the cart case. maybe there could be another solution like a rubber doohicky to plug on top of the button that would stick out more clearly

hi-rez pics coming when I have proper light

Let me know what flash card you're using (Brand, miniSD or microSD in mini adapter) with the EZ Flash IV.

Kingston 2GB MicroSD in a MiniSD adapter. You sort of need a pair of tweezers to grab the edge of the MicroSD, but it works great. :)

Okay, because I had seen some Kingston MicroSD. I could get MiniSD instead just as easily. I figure I need like 3 of 2GB cards, and may swap them out a lot. So I want the card type that is easiest to do that. Sounds like that is the mini. A few posts on the EZ Flash forum mentioned though that the card slot was "flimsy" and pins prone to getting bent. Is that your feeling or no?

Edited by Greg2600

I got the small Everdrive lot I ordered today. Like Mark said, the cart is simply amazing. Nobody will be disappointed. :cool:

A little bit of dremel and drill work made a case fairly easy. Mark - do yourself a favor and get some Goo Gone to get rid of the labels/adhesive. ;)

yep, the dremel with a small grinding stone bit worked really well. needed a sturdy x-acto blade too.

goo-gone eh? they have that at the grocery store or what? where is a quick and easy place to score some?

A few posts on the EZ Flash forum mentioned though that the card slot was "flimsy" and pins prone to getting bent.

Well, one of the advantages to using a MicroSD card is that the adapter never actually leaves the flashcard socket when you pull it out. I'd consider that a large benefit, as I'm always wary of build quality. Especially where mechanical force is concerned.

goo-gone eh? they have that at the grocery store or what? where is a quick and easy place to score some?

This stuff. It's citrus (and not solvent) based so it doesn't melt plastics like warm butter. I got my last can at Home Depot, should be available other similar places I'd think.

A few posts on the EZ Flash forum mentioned though that the card slot was "flimsy" and pins prone to getting bent.

Well, one of the advantages to using a MicroSD card is that the adapter never actually leaves the flashcard socket when you pull it out. I'd consider that a large benefit, as I'm always wary of build quality. Especially where mechanical force is concerned.

This stuff. It's citrus (and not solvent) based so it doesn't melt plastics like warm butter. I got my last can at Home Depot, should be available other similar places I'd think.

Goo gone is amazing... I've never used the aerosol version and have never had a problem with the liquid based product on many materials.

Can't wait for the Everdrive order!!

I got the small Everdrive lot I ordered today. Like Mark said, the cart is simply amazing. Nobody will be disappointed. :cool:

A little bit of dremel and drill work made a case fairly easy. Mark - do yourself a favor and get some Goo Gone to get rid of the labels/adhesive. ;)

yep, the dremel with a small grinding stone bit worked really well. needed a sturdy x-acto blade too.

They have it at my local Dollar Deals for a buck.

AX

Do you really need tweezers to take the microSD out? That's a nuissance, and like I said, the forum for the card, 20% of the posts are micro/mini adapter problems, and having to

Mark, I'd recommend the liquid Goo Gone, over the spray. Also, I think nonner242 is doing the label?

the sun was out today so good pics came of it. I know it does not looks as good as it could if the label and residue was not there so use your imaginations on that. the reset button can be accessed as I cut the hole to allow you to press your finger down a little more so it works great.

I should point out that a lot of the scratches were already on this old cart. spot goes to hollywood. the are only minor flaws from the dremel on this and as we all know, when you repeat something over and over, it gets better with repetition.

if I were to do say, ten of these at once, I'd soak the labels off, get that goo gone stuff, and make sure the cart case was real clean to begin with before I started modifying it. it will come out better that way.

post-3814-127195401805_thumb.jpg

post-3814-127195401934_thumb.jpg

post-3814-127195402033_thumb.jpg

the sun was out today so good pics came of it. I know it does not looks as good as it could if the label and residue was not there so use your imaginations on that. the reset button can be accessed as I cut the hole to allow you to press your finger down a little more so it works great.

I should point out that a lot of the scratches were already on this old cart. spot goes to hollywood. the are only minor flaws from the dremel on this and as we all know, when you repeat something over and over, it gets better with repetition.

if I were to do say, ten of these at once, I'd soak the labels off, get that goo gone stuff, and make sure the cart case was real clean to begin with before I started modifying it. it will come out better that way.

Great work! Can't wait to get one!

I always use the Coleman fuel (aka "white gas). "Goo Gone" is similar stuff, in a small bottle for a high price. Petroleum naptha is the stuff. Coleman fuel is about $6/gal at Walmart, but with this stuff an a paper towel, you'll be removing labels/glue/chewing gum/oil/pen/marker for a couple of years.

For paper-based stickers you can soak the stuff through the paper (hold paper towel wet with fuel) and sometimes it will release, then wipe again to remove the residue. For plastic-based stickers or tape (won't soak through) I always use a hair dryer and peel the plastic and then wipe the glue residue with fuel-soaked paper towel.

post-16281-127196223867_thumb.jpg

Edited by wood_jl

RE: Everdrive, Igor has just released a new firmware and the device now works with Sega 32x

yeah v5. I heard from him regarding some bugs I reported. does it really now play 32X games? holy crap. that's awesome. I won't get a chance to try it until next week.

Wasn't it playing 32X already? Question is whether you can flash the rom and start it while plugged into the 32X, rather than loading with the cart in the Genesis, and then hooking up the 32X?

no 32x was not implemented on the everdrive prior to v5 and I have yet to check into it yet.

the only way to play a 32x game would be to have it plugged into the 32x and boot it all up together. the tototek cart works that way. not sure if I understood the last part of your comment, I hope that answers your question.

Someone on sega-16.com got a 32X game to work by loading it into flash memory while inserted in a Genesis, then hooked up the 32X and played the game. I wanted to know if the new firmware goes beyond that and allows you to write the game to flash memory and play it while plugged into the 32X.

I wanted to know if the new firmware goes beyond that and allows you to write the game to flash memory and play it while plugged into the 32X.

I just updated the firmware on my card to V4 and the OS to V5, and yes it seems to happily select/flash/play games while in the 32x. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Any updates on this project? I just started a new job so I can definitely afford to get one of these awesome genesis carts, but I'd pay extra to get one that had a nice case. Whenever I've tried dremmeling or using xacto knives, I just screw things up. Besides, I have no idea how to print out a nice label that would stick to the case (short of using tape :P). I can send in a cart to use as a donor cart too, since I got a bunch of games for free from a friend (so I'd probably use Beavis and butthead or pick up some el cheapo sports game). Let me know if you're still working on this :)

Any updates on this project? I just started a new job so I can definitely afford to get one of these awesome genesis carts, but I'd pay extra to get one that had a nice case. Whenever I've tried dremmeling or using xacto knives, I just screw things up. Besides, I have no idea how to print out a nice label that would stick to the case (short of using tape :P). I can send in a cart to use as a donor cart too, since I got a bunch of games for free from a friend (so I'd probably use Beavis and butthead or pick up some el cheapo sports game). Let me know if you're still working on this :)

Also, does anyone know if the Everdrive has the ability to backup/restore segacd saves? Or if this would be a potential software upgrade? I think other than that, it has almost every feature I like about the NeoMythMD (regular gen, sms (at least most right?), 32x, SD card support, etc), and it's cheap to boot. But I really like my segacd as well, and I don't want to spend a ton of time playing and then lose all my saves :P Anyway I guess I can get both eventually, just thought I'd ask. (also I think the mythMD can function as a segacd backup ram cart directly right?).