IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Someone said on the AssemblerGames forums "Shoot with the Cyclone II who even needs the Genesis?" His point being that the FPGA is almost powerful enough to run a Genesis emulator on.

No almost about it - the Cyclone II is the basis for the Altera DE1 dev board, which runs MiniMig, an Amiga clone. It's overkill for a flash cart, but has great potential for things like an emulated SVP so people can run Virtua Racing for the MD on the Mega Everdrive.

Like others, I look forward to the PCE cart. All the current PCE carts are limited in one way or another.

Someone said on the AssemblerGames forums "Shoot with the Cyclone II who even needs the Genesis?" His point being that the FPGA is almost powerful enough to run a Genesis emulator on.

No almost about it - the Cyclone II is the basis for the Altera DE1 dev board, which runs MiniMig, an Amiga clone. It's overkill for a flash cart, but has great potential for things like an emulated SVP so people can run Virtua Racing for the MD on the Mega Everdrive.

I wonder if it would be possible to emulate the 32X hardware?

I wonder if it would be possible to emulate the 32X hardware?

I asked him out of curiosity. He said he is not sure if the 4k lut Cyclone II he is using would be powerful enough for 2 x CPU implementation. Would be cool to see someday though. He said maybe 8k - 15k lut may be able to.

On a side note he said he will be testing internet play with his friend hopefully sometime this week. He must hack ROM to get it to work to keep things in sync. If he gets it working I will post his video.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone see the new Everdrive for the Genesis??

Faster Loading..I want that..with my budget I can't get it, I don't have anyting expensive to sell

When they run CD isos from roms I'll buy another one, for now slightly slow is fine with me.

AX

Not likely to ever happen, even IF you got around the storage requirements flash cartridge would still have to either have SegaCD hardware onboard or emulated, passing the CD info to the Genesis would not allow it to run anymore than it can run 32x roms (Yes it loads those but a 32X is STILL required) I don't see that happening.

Is anyone see the new Everdrive for the Genesis??

Faster Loading..I want that..with my budget I can't get it, I don't have anyting expensive to sell

When they run CD isos from roms I'll buy another one, for now slightly slow is fine with me.

AX

Not likely to ever happen, even IF you got around the storage requirements flash cartridge would still have to either have SegaCD hardware onboard or emulated, passing the CD info to the Genesis would not allow it to run anymore than it can run 32x roms (Yes it loads those but a 32X is STILL required) I don't see that happening.

Hmmm....would it be theoretically possible to create a flash based replacement that plugs into the expansion port where the Sega CD plugs in? That could be cool!

what about some sort of optical drive emulator for the CD expansion? there must be some way to do it.

Yeah that's I only way I can see it happening.

Even with the Sega CD attached I still don't think its possible to run Sega CD ISOs from the cart slot just because the hardware never intended to work that way. But who knows?

what about some sort of optical drive emulator for the CD expansion? there must be some way to do it.

Yeah that's I only way I can see it happening.

Even with the Sega CD attached I still don't think its possible to run Sega CD ISOs from the cart slot just because the hardware never intended to work that way. But who knows?

What we want is an ISO-storing unit (in the future, should society survive to that point) were the wire to the CD lens of ANY CD console - instead - goes to a flashcart, chock full of ISOs. Possible, someday (not today?)? Technical types, chime in. I'm still impressed with the original Everdrive(s)!!!!

• Like 1

Fast loading isn't even best part. Igor just released a video of the Mega EverDrive's save state ability. You can save state during game and reload to the save spot while playing the game or next time you load the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXEr-uV9KE

Yeah, the save states may have just sold this. For someone who has little time and has to drop everything at a moments notice to go deal with life, that is a necessity.

AX