IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

• 2 weeks later...

Found something very interesting tonight:)

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=b127571118

Anyone have any info on this? As far as I can tell it's just a wonderswan linker that will write to an SD card? Sadly it doesn't look like a flash cart is included, but still, I'm happy with any new wonderswan developments.

Updated the OP with Pokemon Mini flash cart info!

Pokemon Mini:

• Apparently there have been a number of flash carts for this system, info is here. There's instructions on ordering the latest flash cart, but I haven't heard back from him as of 1/5/2012. On the forums he says he has been very busy lately...

Not sure if it was mentioned, but "ikari_01" the sd2snes guy has finalized his hardware and took a list of 100 carts he is going to throughout the course of 2012. He was able to incorporate these chips, while still working on SuperFX and other things.

• BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
  • DSP1 / 1b
  • DSP2
  • DSP3
  • DSP4
  • ST-010
  • Cx4
  • MSU1
  • S-RTC

There also appears to be a Russian maker of an SNES flash cart now, which has function for Capcom's Cx4 chip.

Edited by Greg2600

Pokemon Mini:

• Apparently there have been a number of flash carts for this system, info is here. There's instructions on ordering the latest flash cart, but I haven't heard back from him as of 1/5/2012. On the forums he says he has been very busy lately...

I've never heard of this little system, does it do anything more than these sort of game and watch type graphics? and what's this about a wonderswan flash card? if only that were true...

Not sure if it was mentioned, but "ikari_01" the sd2snes guy has finalized his hardware and took a list of 100 carts he is going to throughout the course of 2012. He was able to incorporate these chips, while still working on SuperFX and other things.

• DSP1 / 1b
  • DSP2
  • DSP3
  • DSP4
  • ST-010
  • Cx4
  • MSU1
  • S-RTC

There also appears to be a Russian maker of an SNES flash cart now, which has function for Capcom's Cx4 chip.

so does this mean someone is making a snes flashcart that will play just about every snes game or did I miss the point? has anyone here ordered from the russian site yet?

Pokemon Mini:

I've never heard of this little system, does it do anything more than these sort of game and watch type graphics? and what's this about a wonderswan flash card? if only that were true...

• DSP1 / 1b
  • DSP2
  • DSP3
  • DSP4
  • ST-010
  • Cx4
  • MSU1
  • S-RTC

so does this mean someone is making a snes flashcart that will play just about every snes game or did I miss the point? has anyone here ordered from the russian site yet?

SD2SNES will support almost all special chips via FPGA emulation.

SD2SNES is being made and not just this 100. KRIKzz will be taking over production of the SD2SNES, Ikari will continue to develop and support the product, and yours truly will be doing a Deluxe Edition of this product. This product will be a pretty penny though.

• Like 1

I think that's pretty much all the Pokemon Mini is capable of, but there appears to be a decent homebrew scene for it. There's 10 actual release games I believe.

Yah I wonder if there isn't a new wonderswan flash card being produced in Asia. Maybe due to auction rules, they could only put up the wonderswan linker? Here's hoping...

SD2SNES will support almost all special chips via FPGA emulation.

SD2SNES is being made and not just this 100. KRIKzz will be taking over production of the SD2SNES, Ikari will continue to develop and support the product, and yours truly will be doing a Deluxe Edition of this product. This product will be a pretty penny though.

Excellent news! Will this have support for the few 128Mb roms?

Yeah Stone age, I had asked him directly, and he said stay tuned, but you've spilled the beans! Guess I should sell my Super Everdrive while I can? Ha ha ha. I would imagine the cost would be closer to the 64drive, due to the hardware involved.

Excellent news! Will this have support for the few 128Mb roms?

I don't know, the Russian (ramfactory) board does. Mark asked about ordering, I don't know of anyone who has. However, since it's in Russia, you'd have to do a Western Union money transfer (Me don't think so), and the website is not in English. Edited by Greg2600

Yeah Stone age, I had asked him directly, and he said stay tuned, but you've spilled the beans! Guess I should sell my Super Everdrive while I can? Ha ha ha. I would imagine the cost would be closer to the 64drive, due to the hardware involved.

Yes you are probably correct about price, my guess is board only will be around $200.

Updated the computer section, found this on gamesniped.com:

SC-3000:

• SC-3000 Survivors Multicart: A multicart for the Sega SC-3000 computer. It will run any SC-3000 and SG-1000 ROMs along with some of the tape games. Please note this is a hobbyist cart that requires an EPROM burner to load games. This is likely the only production of the multicart, so get in while you can! Price is $90 + shipping, and a $40 deposit is required when pre-ordering. Please visit this page for more information and ordering.

Wow, a new Super Everdrive ..How about SA-1 and S-DD1

There is no new Super EverDrive. Its called the SD2SNES and is not developed by KRIKzz. It is developed by Ikari. He does not have time to manufacturer it himself so KRIKzz is. It does not use the EverDrive name because it is developed and supported by Ikari and not KRIKzz.

There are two new EverDrives coming. The Turbo EverDrive (for PCE/TG-16) and the Mega EverDrive which is an ultimate Genesis/MD flash cart. It is not a continuation of the EverDrive-MD, they are two separate products and both will be made because the Mega EverDrive will be much more expensive.

post-22510-0-68978700-1328152590_thumb.png

post-22510-0-35633200-1328152616_thumb.jpg

the Mega EverDrive which is an ultimate Genesis/MD flash cart. It is not a continuation of the EverDrive-MD, they are two separate products and both will be made because the Mega EverDrive will be much more expensive.

Exactly what is it that the Mega EverDrive will do, that the Everdrive MD will not? I suppose to rephrase the question: What shortcoming of the Everdrive MD is it that is alleviated? Thanks!

the Mega EverDrive which is an ultimate Genesis/MD flash cart. It is not a continuation of the EverDrive-MD, they are two separate products and both will be made because the Mega EverDrive will be much more expensive.

Exactly what is it that the Mega EverDrive will do, that the Everdrive MD will not? I suppose to rephrase the question: What shortcoming of the Everdrive MD is it that is alleviated? Thanks!

I don't think its really about alleviating shortcomings as much as it is to make a more powerful flash cart. Think of the Mega EverDrive as a Cadillac compared to a Chevy Malibu. They both will get you where you want to go, but one will do it with more bells and whistles and a bit faster.

Here are some known features of Mega EverDrive:

• Uses Cyclone II FPGA
  • Firmware/OS are loaded directly off SD card during start up, no more need for JTAG to update Firmware
  • Has GUI interface
  • Has both microSD and regular SD slots, so you have option of not having to mod cart shell if you don't want to do that
  • Mini USB port
  • Games load almost instantly, no more waiting
  • Can handle larger ROM files
  • A few things that he hopes to do with this:
    • FM sound support for SMS games
    • Emulators for earlier systems (I know he has already been working on NES emulator)
    • Possibly some type of internet play via the USB port to computer (would require special hacked ROMs to work most likely)

AFAIK, this is the first time a product like this has been made, basically converting a CD-ROM game system to use a Hard Drive (or flash card through IDE converter) through the system bus. Translated 3DO IDE Adapter It does require some soldering and at this point it only works on the FZ-10 model. Here's the assembler forums thread (scroll down to the more recent posts). Hopefully there will be a group buy at some point.

Edited by PsychedelicShaman
  • Like 2

Will the Turbo Everdrive work with the Super Grafx for the six games

on that system?

I have no idea. If it costs more to do hardware-wise then I doubt it. This will use same hardware as EverDrive-MD and Super EverDrive. It won't be powerful enough to do anything overly tricky.

Please post when you find out thank you. :)

AFAIK, this is the first time a product like this has been made, basically converting a CD-ROM game system to use a Hard Drive (or flash card through IDE converter) through the system bus. Translated 3DO IDE Adapter It does require some soldering and at this point it only works on the FZ-10 model. Here's the assembler forums thread (scroll down to the more recent posts). Hopefully there will be a group buy at some point.

Haven't those been made for Wii already?

Will the Turbo Everdrive work with the Super Grafx for the six games

on that system?

I don't see why not. Super Grafx could play all PCE Hucards, and I think they were the same pin pattern for both Super Hu and Hu.