IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Updated the list:

Action Max:

• A standard edition Action Max Collection DVD is now being produced with all 5 action max games. You can purchase it through this AA Marketplace thread.

Astrocade:

• Gambit's UltiMulti Version 1.5.1 is currently available, here is the extensive game list. You can order by emailing Kenn Lill, kenzre@yahoo.com. If he doesn't respond right away you can also contact him on the Bally Alley Yahoo Group. Thanks TMOSteel for the info!

Vectrex:

• Reproduction Vectrex Overlays are currently being produced. Click here to purchase single overlays on ebay or to buy the full set. More overlays are in the works, you can track the progress at this AA thread.

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

• 2 weeks later...

Tototek is selling the latest SNES flashcart for $89. SuperUFO 8. the specs look interesting. It claims to play all the games with special chips, with only a couple exceptions but I think you need a cart on top with that particular chip in it, can anyone confirm this? do all special chip games need an original cart on top or just some of them or what? seems kinda of stupid that you need the cart with the chip, may as well just play the cart and not the flash cart, or am I missing something?

Mega EverDrive and SD2SNES release then Turbo EverDrive. My guess it will come out this summer.

You mentioned there was work being done on NES emulation through the Mega EverDrive. While that would be awesome and being able to play NES games with S-video out on a genesis would be awesome...Any idea if Master Drive emulation is possible or a thought yet with the Mega EverDrive?

Mega EverDrive and SD2SNES release then Turbo EverDrive. My guess it will come out this summer.

You mentioned there was work being done on NES emulation through the Mega EverDrive. While that would be awesome and being able to play NES games with S-video out on a genesis would be awesome...Any idea if Master Drive emulation is possible or a thought yet with the Mega EverDrive?

I assume you mean Master System and not Master Drive (unless I am missing something). If you mean Master System then there is no need for this. the Genesis/Mega-drive is backwards compatible with the Master System. All Genesis/MD flash carts to my knowledge can also play Master System games.

I assume you mean Master System and not Master Drive (unless I am missing something). If you mean Master System then there is no need for this. the Genesis/Mega-drive is backwards compatible with the Master System. All Genesis/MD flash carts to my knowledge can also play Master System games.

I did mean Master System...and thats good to hear. Guess I'm going to start setting cash aside as Mega EverDrive, SD2SNES and Turbo EverDrive all sound like I need them....May as well start saving for EverDrive64 too :-D

EXPERIMENTAL FLASH CART #1

LIKE our page on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/StoneAgeGamer) and then LIKE the post about our first flash cart give-a-way for a chance to win this mystery EXPERIMENTAL flash cart. We will pick one person at random who entered this give-a-way before Saturday, March 31st, 2012, 12:00PM EST to win this flash cart.

Increase you chances at winning! There are actually 2 ways to enter, please check it out the official page at:http://stoneagegamer.com/drsagamer.aspx

BACK STORY:

The mad scientist known as Dr. S.A. Gamer was often known to attempt cruel experiments on his flash cart subjects. Some of these experiments failed and the unnatural by-products were locked away to never be seen again by human eyes.

We have uncovered 5 of these test subjects...

They live...

Turquoise? Yellow? Green? The colors...they just don't make any sense. What mad man would conceive of such things? Why would he do this to a perfectly fine flash cart?

Beginning March 25th, 2012 we will be giving away one of these experimental flash carts every week for 5 straight weeks. Remember, only one of each of these will ever exist. You won't know what you have won until we unveil each cart at the end of that week.

How do you enter? Like us on FaceBook and pay attention to our status updates, they will contain all the information you will need. If you do not have a FaceBook account you can also enter. Read HOW TO ENTER to find out. We need everyone's help. Tell friends, family, and even your worst enemies. If you do this you have a chance to win and help us contain these abominations. If you ignore them...well...may god help us all.

original ist on page 1 does not have Mega Everdrive: http://krikzz.com/mega-ed.html Improved version of original Everdrive MD There's also the upcoming SD2SNES as mentioned above, it seems to support more SNES games with special chips that other SNES flash cart didn't support.

The Mega EverDrive is not an improved version of the EverDrive-MD per se. Its different product, but for the same system and it costs a lot more then the EverDrive-MD because of this. This confuses a lot of people. They just think the Mega EverDrive is next version of the EverDrive-MD and its not. I am not saying that's what you meant by what you said, but I just wanted to make it clear. The EverDrive-MD will continue to be made as well (he actually just released OS update for it).

Deluxe Edition:

post-22510-0-13182200-1333145236_thumb.jpg

post-22510-0-21252300-1333145235_thumb.jpg

post-22510-0-01755900-1333145237_thumb.jpg

looks like the N64 everdrive OS was also updated on the 25th. I wish there was a notification system for everdrive owners to be alerted when updates are posted, can you maybe talk to krikkz about it? some sort of email list auto alert mailer or something

Right, and as I said I haven't had time to do this yet on EverDrive.us which is eventually going to be central location for all EverDrive information and news. I am trying to find others to help me fill out information and manage site since this really isn't a SAG site. I started working on it but then Mega EverDrive started, now SD2SNES, and then soon Turbo EverDrive (not to mention all my other day-to-day and running another business as well). Only so many hours in the day for me, but hopefully in next few months we can get something better for people because right now information is all over the place and often out of date. I would prefer something that is more community run, but more organized than just a forum.

I would like to keep Stone Age Gamer separate from this, I try to help support people the best I can with EverDrives, but I am also not in the business of supporting other stores' customers. That should really be their responsibility.

which is exactly why I said: "can you maybe talk to krikkz about it?"

Its not like he isn't busy right now either, but I have talked to him about it. He is all for EverDrive.us, it was actually his suggestion we do something like it. I think once Turbo EverDrive is done and out he is going to take a long break on new flash carts for awhile and improve OS on current carts, during this time my guess both he and I will have more free time. He doesn't do much assembling of carts anymore, I think he has a handful of workers that do this now. Like I said though, I really hope to get other people involved because its not practical for us to do everything. Especially when it comes to compatibility lists and stuff like that which is more a community effort.

If you want this feature on his KRIKzz.com its better to contact him about it. Maybe he can set something up on his site in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been answered before, but what is the functional difference between the Mega EverDrive and EverDrive MD? I'm trying to decide if the Mega EverDrive is worth the extra money or not.

Also, how well does the EverDrive MD support Master System games? Is it worth getting the Master Everdrive or does the EverDrive MD do the exact same thing?

I'm sure this has been answered before, but what is the functional difference between the Mega EverDrive and EverDrive MD? I'm trying to decide if the Mega EverDrive is worth the extra money or not.

Also, how well does the EverDrive MD support Master System games? Is it worth getting the Master Everdrive or does the EverDrive MD do the exact same thing?

Master EverDrive is for the Master System only.

The Genesis/MD is backwards compatible with the Master System thus why Genesis/MD flash carts often can play Master System games. However its not 100% backwards compatible.

As for the EverDrive-MD vs. the Mega EverDrive:

Virtually all the same features of the EverDrive-MD plus...

• Uses Cyclone II FPGA, much more powerful
  • Firmware/OS are loaded directly off SD card during start up, no more need for JTAG to update Firmware
  • Save States - Stop and Start a game at any point
  • Access to menu system in-game
  • Has both microSD and regular SD slots, so you have option of not having to mod cart shell if you don't want to do that
  • Mini USB port
  • Games load almost instantly, no more waiting
  • Plays WAV audio files
  • Can handle larger ROM files
  • Built-in Hex Viewer
  • Supports Korean SMS mappers
  • Supports both Game Genie and Play-Action Replay codes
  • Better interface
  • Because of its power it has much more future possibilities as well

A few things that may be added via OS updates in the future:

• FM sound support for SMS games
  • Emulators for earlier systems
  • Possibly some type of internet play via the USB port to computer (would require special hacked ROMs to work most likely)

I will give you my honest (yet I am sure some will argue biased) opinion. If you plan on using it A LOT then the Mega EverDrive is the cart to pick IMO. The instant loading of games is pretty awesome. Also if you are an adult with responsibilities such as kids, job, the list goes on (many of us our now). The Save States ability I think is a huge perk. I know that its sacrilege to some people, but being able to set a save state, turn off system and come back later and continue on exactly from where I was at I think is awesome. Granted it does not support every game and probably never will. He did say compatibility will probably get better over time via OS updates. Most games I have tried it on so far have worked though. I am talking about the Save States, not overall game compatibility. The in-game menu and save states can be disabled, so if there is a game its not compatible with you can just disable.

However its not cheap. Really none of the EverDrives are, but the Mega EverDrive is a pretty bad ass piece of hardware. I know KRIKzz hopes to do some special things with it. The Mega-drive is his favorite system and a big reason why he decided to make the Mega EverDrive.

Both are great carts. Its really if you want to drive around in a Checy Malibu or a Cadillac CTS. Both will get you where you want to go, but one will get you there faster and with more bells and whistles.

post-22510-0-12944900-1334005448_thumb.jpg