IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Save states are where it's at. I never want to be up playing a game until my eyes bleed again. That seems to happen any time I hook up a SNES. What is the SD2SNES going to cost again?

SD2SNES does not have any save states like the Mega EverDrive. I am unsure if that's something that is possible with the SNES or not and if it is if its a feature he plans on implementing or not.

SD2SNES Board Only on KRIKzz's site is $190. Deluxe will be considerably more, we haven't decided on price yet. Its not a fun cart to make.

Is there going to be a restriction on how many roms you can put in a file?

To my knowledge there is no limit, but like the Mega EverDrive the more files you put in a directory the longer it will take to load that directory. I think KRIKzz suggests not putting more than 500 in a directory for Mega EverDrive. I think SD2SNES is a similar number.

• Firmware updates without special hardware
  • SDXC support (would be overkill to use, but if that's the only SD card you have)
  • Almost instant loading of ROMs (~9MB/s)
  • Directories sorted automatically, don't need to use FAT sorting tool
  • Real Time Clock
  • Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented)
  • Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs).
  • Plus its just much more powerful, which allows more many possible additions in the future

What does Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs) mean?

The SD2SNES uses SRAM to store saves temporarily. The Mega EverDrive and EverDrive64 work in a similar fashion. However with the Mega and ED64 you must reset the system for the save to be transferred from SRAM to the SD card. However it seems with the SD2SNES he must have something checking when you save something in-game and when it detects this without having to have you reset the system it transfers it to the SD card on the fly while the game is running. So no need to reset the system to transfer the temporary save from the SRAM to the SD card. The only downside of this is you must be a little more careful. This is why there are LED outputs on the top of the cart. You do NOT want to power the system down while its writing to the SD card for obvious reasons. I normally did not plan on putting LED display on the cart originally, but Ikari_01 requested I do this.

• Like 2

I wonder why there isn't a straightforward flash cart for the MSX? Is there some hardware reason why this is impossible to do or is it just that there's not enough interest?

Seconded. I think part of the reason why is because most MSX enthusiasts have an MSX with a floppy drive, so they've already got that part out of the way. However, there's more MSXes out there that don't have a floppy drive (such as my FS-A1) and that's a huge market just waiting to be tapped. MSX carts also tend to be ridiculously overpriced, especially on eBay, and a proper flash cart would definitely help.

Edited by ApolloBoy

I'd still like to run Adam tape and floppy software from a flash solution. Like that will ever happen. ...but then look at the 3do IDE hard drive. If you told me that would happen at any point in history, I would have laughed in your face.

Sadly, this was in the works and was prototyped. He sent it to someone to demo at ADAMcon, and may have gotten discouraged when it was not returned to him in a timely manner. It may be vaporware at this point...

Adam SD info

AA thread

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

• 2 weeks later...

It is just my personal opinion. take it with a grain of salt but do the math. you can buy an everdrive, it holds ALL the games, it has capabilities that far outreach the tototek hardware, it costs about the same as when the tototek stuff was when it first came out. tototek dropped the price on existing stock and I don't think they are making new stock. the value of that hardware decreased the moment the everdrive was released. it simply is not worth the same anymore...

in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Spectrum:

• DivIDE: divIDE is an ATA (IDE) interface. With divIDE you can put your software collection to a hard disk, CD-ROM or even CompactFlash card. Several places sell these, with stock coming and going quickly but at the time of writing only http://www.divide.cz...shopn&money=USD seems to have them in stock, but they also sometimes appear on EBay. There are also 5 different firmwares available.

MSX:

• LPE-MMC-V8BKP card (Pardial): Can handle DSK emulation. Uses MMC and SD cards up to 2GB. Compatible with all MSX families (1,2,2+,Turbo-R).
  • Mega Flash ROM SCC+: Mega Flash ROM is a cartridge which works with any MSX model and comes with a Flash ROM memory and with a set of characteristics that make it ideal for storing the real images of any ROM cartridge. Its capacity makes that storing a ROM in the Mega Flash ROM and executing it will be the same as using the original cart. It is not an emulation. The characteristics of the Mega Flash ROM are similar to the ones of the original cart, in a 99% of times. The Mega Flash ROM cart comes with a "Flash ROM" chip which makes its data everlasting after being stored. This means that it doesn't work as a traditional memory which loses its contents when it is disconnected from the supply. Mega Flash ROM doesn't make use of any JUMPER / SWITCH for its different configurations as other similar products. Everything is handled via soft and transparent for the user.
  • DISCONTINUED: Synfox SD/MMC interface: While I have heard of these and they are mentioned in some forum posts, I am unable to find any further information out about these, so can only presume they have been discontinued or also have another name.
  • DISCONTINUED: Sunrise CompactFlash ATA-IDE cartidge: There is not much information on these, but looks to be a IDE interface.

TI 99/4A:

• DISCONTINUED: The CF7+ card / nanoPEB: The CF7+ is circuit board that includes a Compact Flash memory card that emulates an array of floppy disks and three disk drives. The number of floppies emulated depends upon the size of the CF. A 32MB CF can emulate 39 floppies that can in turn be mounted on one of the three emulated drives. The card also includes 32k of RAM that can be used to extend the main TI99 memory. The card includes a PIO parallel expansion port that can be used for a printer. In essence, the CF7+ replaces a PEB with memory card, printer card and disk drives and controller. The only limitation is that there is no serial RS232 port or other expansion capability. I am not sure where the "7+" portion of the name comes from. I think an earlier version did not have the PIO port or 32k RAM. Earlier versions also extended outward from the TI99 console whereas this Slim Profile version has all components parallel to the side of the case and extends out only about 3/4 inch. The card itself is 3 inches high by 3.5 inches long. I am unable to find anywhere which sells these, so presume they are now discontinued. Its possible http://tech.groups.y...i99-4a/messages may have further information should anyone wish to purchase one.

Atari ST/Amstrad (CPC 6128)/Amiga+Many More!:

• HxC Floppy Drive Emulator: The aim of this project is to replace the floppy disk drive by an electronic device emulating the floppy disk drive. Since the beginning of the project (2006), the HxC Floppy emulators was designed to be very versatile and to support a large variety of computers / keyboards / samplers / CNC machines at a low cost. Thanks to its versability the HxC Floppy Emulator supports most existing floppy formats. Today the HxC Floppy Emulator is well established into the Retro-Computing domain, the Music domain and even the Industrial domain. At this day there are two differents floppy disk drive emulator: A USB Version and a SD Card Version. While these support most computers which use 3.5" and 3" disk drives, support on the Atari ST, Amstrad CPC 6128 and Amiga is partically good as a Host Control Tool (or Menu Loader) software has been created for these systems to use with the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator. A full list of suported systems can be found at: http://hxc2001.free....tor/support.htm These devices are normally available to buy from EBay.

Atari 400/800/XL/XE:

• SIO2PC: A device which conects to a PC using RS232/Serial or USB and allows you access PC resources by using APE software.
  • MyIDE+Flash Cartridge: The "MyIDE" upgrades are professionally produced internal and external IDE interfaces for all Atari 8-bit XL/XE computers.
  • The Atarimax Maxflash Flash Cartridge System: The Maxflash Flash Cartridges, combined with the powerful new Maxflash Studio software and USB Cartridge Programmer are the easiest way to design and produce working, tested and ready to use flash multi-carts for your Atari Computer in just minutes!
  • DISCONTINUED: SDrive NUXX: This device "...connects to Atari XL/XE's serial (SIO) port and simulates an Atari floppy disk drive with full read/write access to programs and data stored on a SecureDigital flash card (SD)." It is also Menu Based.
  • DISCONTINUED: SIO2USB: Looks similar to a SIO2PC USB Device.
  • DISCONTINUED: SIO2CF: Looks similar to a SIO2PC USB Device, but using CF cards.
  • DISCONTINUED: SDrive: Looks similar to a SDrive NUXX.

Atari XE/XL/STF/STE (Possibly also Amiga and Amstrad CPC):

• DISCONTINUED: SdiskEmul: This circuit should emulate a floppy disk for an Atari Xe, Xl, Stf, Ste. The floppy image files are stored on a SDCARD. Possibly also work with Amgia and Amstrad CPC.

Possibly More to come, but thats the majority of the major known ones listed now.

• Like 1

Updated the computer section, thanks Starship!

A new (cheaper) flash card for the pc-engine/turbografx is coming soon: http://www.gamingent...m/Flash_HuCard/

Thread: http://www.pcenginef...p?topic=11353.0

I might just get a board so I can practice my soldering skills, seems like a fun, cheap project. As far as the cart itself, even the tototek one allowed Street fighter 2, but at least this one's USB.

Updated the Computer Section, thanks Starship!