IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

The list is refreshed and updated, links are fixed, etc. I've decided to include some of the non-mod chip methods on older CD-based systems. Some of this came from the guys over at AssemblerGames. Here's the new items:

3DO:

• 3DO IDE Adapter: A device has been created to replace the CD-ROM of the 3DO with a hard drive. A 120 GB hard drive is the max for this device. This device is being sold out of Russia, and currently there is no good way to purchase them. There's a thread on 3DO Interactive where a group buy has currently stalled, but it is our best option at this point.

Dreamcast:

• Dreamcast SD Cards: Click here and scroll down to the Q&A in the fourth post for some information. Easiest and safest way to obtain one is probably through Ebay. Please don't follow the instructions on purchasing one in the first post. Basically this allows you to play homebrew and certain commercial games through the Serial port on the Dreamcast. Compatibility is not the best, but it's currently being worked on.

Genesis:

• Mega Everdrive: A very powerful flash cart released by Krikzz which boasts many more features than the Everdrive-MD. It has both SD and Micro SD card slots. It will load roms up to 80 Mb within 1 to 2 seconds (much faster than the Everdrive-MD). It also has Built-in .wav playback and snapshot saves. Possible future capabilities to play 2 player games over the internet (with modified ROMS).

NES/Famicom:

• IN PROGRESS: Invitenes: This famicom/Dendy (Russian NES) SD-based flash cart will work on an NES with an adapter. It uses the Cyclone II FPGA (similar to Mega Everdrive), has 2MB each for PRG/CHR, and 32 KB of battery-backed SRAM all of which make it potentially a better cart than the powerpak. All of the info is read off of the SD card which makes it easily updateable, and it also has a USB port for developers.
  • IN PROGRESS: Munchausen Cart: A low cost 1MB MMC1 cart programmable via USB. This project went dead for a while, but was picked up and improved upon and is very close to production. This cart is designed for chiptunes and homebrews mostly. It is not meant to be a replacement for the Powerpak.

Playstation:

• IN PROGRESS: Project PSIO: A project that aims to use the PIO port on the PS1 to play full commercial games from an SD card. Not a whole lot of information available yet, but here's hoping this project turns out well!

Saturn:

• Saturn USB Datalink: Interesting device that interfaces with the Action Replay Plus cart. Allows dumping of BIOS and transferring of saves between the PC and Saturn. Allows homebrew code to be uploaded to a Saturn from a PC. This will not allow you to run full commercial games, but it is pretty cool nonetheless.

SNES:

• SD2SNES: SD Flash cart which can play up to 96Mb games, but does support ROM sizes up to 128Mb. The most interesting thing about this cart is that it emulates some of the special chips listed above. Currently these are supported: BS-X memory map, DSP1/1b, DSP2, DSP3, DSP4, ST-010, Cx4, MSU1, S-RTC. SuperFX is currently being worked on. It can be purchased from the fine retailers of Krikzz's products.
  • Super UFO Pro 8: A lower cost SD flash cart that has created quite a stir. At one point it was rumored to run many of the special chips listed above including the SuperFX. But people have been stating this simply isn't true. It appears to have a T-adapter like a lot of these flash carts do, but it only works with DSP-1. One of the most interesting abilities of this card is to save/load states at any point in a game. Available at Amazon.
  • INVITESNES: SD-based flash cart on a Russian site. Plays up to 48Mb roms with space for 128Mb. This one has CX-4 compatibility, and is a much lower cost.

TurboGrafx:

• Turbo Everdrive: A Micro SD-based flash cart. It has 8MB of rom space, works with Street Fighter 2, and reportedly works with all of the SuperGrafx titles on the SuperGrafx (note that the USB version does not fit in the SuperGrafx).
  • Low Cost Flash HuCard: A very cheap 8 Mb USB flash cart that works on both PC Engines and Turbografx 16 machines. Allows you to play all commercial games except Street Fighter 2. No load times and low voltage consumption make this ideal for handhelds like the TurboExpress. You can also purchase a board only (except for microcontroller) version. Soldering seems a little complex for this one, but I'm sure some people here can handle it.

And to the computer-side of things:

Commodore Vic 20:

• Low Cost Multicart/Development Cart: A very interesting dip switch multicart that holds 32 games. It comes preloaded with the 32 games, but you also have the option of burning new eeprom images to play new games. The cart also has a mini breadboard and a connection point for each of the cart edge connectors. You can also purchase a board-only version of the multicart so you can solder everything on yourselt. Very cheap and great for electronics hobbyists!

Edited by PsychedelicShaman
  • Like 2

The list is refreshed and updated, links are fixed, etc. I've decided to include some of the non-mod chip methods on older CD-based systems. Some of this came from the guys over at AssemblerGames. Here's the new items:

3DO:

• 3DO IDE Adapter: A device has been created to replace the CD-ROM of the 3DO with a hard drive. A 120 GB hard drive is the max for this device. This device is being sold out of Russia, and currently there is no good way to purchase them. There's a thread on 3DO Interactive where a group buy has currently stalled, but it is our best option at this point.

I actually will be caring this item, already some on their way.

• Like 1

1 - When will you have these in stock & when will they be ready for sale?

2 - Price?

3 - Deluxe vs. basic editions?

4 - Will you carry the IDE44 flavor for small laptop HDs that can be mounted within the 3DO FZ-10 case?

5 - Can I get on a waiting list?

Thanks,

-Jason

3DO:

2 - Price?

4 - Will you carry the IDE44 flavor for small laptop HDs that can be mounted within the 3DO FZ-10 case?

Thanks,

-Jason

3DO:

No idea, it has taken over 1 month for them to leave Kazakhstan and arrive here. They actually still aren't here, but I saw they cleared customs yesterday. Probably a few months before we actually have large lot in hand, we only ordered small batch this time.

2 - Price?

Not 100% sure yet, probably around $150 - $160 for IDE44.

We will be offering the basic hardware to mod yourself. We will be offering a modding services at extra cost. We will probably offer pre-modded FZ-10s as well.

At this time we only ordered IDE44. We may order IDE40 as well if people want it a cheaper, less elegant solution.

Eventually maybe.

Just to be clear we did not order like 100 of these. I can't justify sending like $10K+ to someone I don't know that I have no experience doing business with. We ordered small amount to see how well the item works and to mod a few FZ-10. If item works as advertised, etc. we will then order many more and take a back order list. So hopefully in next few weeks we will have better idea on everything. We are also be helping creator possibly do other systems as well such as Sega Saturn. If we decide to carry the product, which I am pretty sure we will, but don't want to 100% guarantee it we will do pre-order for them.

• Like 2

No idea, it has taken over 1 month for them to leave Kazakhstan and arrive here. They actually still aren't here, but I saw they cleared customs yesterday. Probably a few months before we actually have large lot in hand, we only ordered small batch this time.

2 - Price?

Not 100% sure yet, probably around $150 - $160 for IDE44.

We will be offering the basic hardware to mod yourself. We will be offering a modding services at extra cost. We will probably offer pre-modded FZ-10s as well.

At this time we only ordered IDE44. We may order IDE40 as well if people want it a cheaper, less elegant solution.

Eventually maybe.

Just to be clear we did not order like 100 of these. I can't justify sending like $10K+ to someone I don't know that I have no experience doing business with. We ordered small amount to see how well the item works and to mod a few FZ-10. If item works as advertised, etc. we will then order many more and take a back order list. So hopefully in next few weeks we will have better idea on everything. We are also be helping creator possibly do other systems as well such as Sega Saturn. If we decide to carry the product, which I am pretty sure we will, but don't want to 100% guarantee it we will do pre-order for them.

As always, thanks for your quick & helpful reply. Your business decisions are wise & make sense. I look forward to your report & to seeing them on your site for sale.

Thanks,

-Jason

Got some of these in today.

Here is plan. First batch we did not get very many of these. Can't send $10K to someone in Kazakhstan we haven't done business with before. We are going to try product out. See how hard/easy it is to mod, etc. If we feel product is worth selling on larger scale we will then take back orders for more. We will keep you updated.

post-22510-0-60472800-1346964575_thumb.jpg post-22510-0-68500000-1346964579_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got some of these in today.

Here is plan. First batch we did not get very many of these. Can't send $10K to someone in Kazakhstan we haven't done business with before. We are going to try product out. See how hard/easy it is to mod, etc. If we feel product is worth selling on larger scale we will then take back orders for more. We will keep you updated.

Put me down as a buyer regardless of how difficult the mod is. I always enjoy a challenge!

NES/Famicom:

• IN PROGRESS: Invitenes: This famicom/Dendy (Russian NES) SD-based flash cart will work on an NES with an adapter. It uses the Cyclone II FPGA (similar to Mega Everdrive), has 2MB each for PRG/CHR, and 32 KB of battery-backed SRAM all of which make it potentially a better cart than the powerpak. All of the info is read off of the SD card which makes it easily updateable, and it also has a USB port for developers.

This is really exciting. The PowerPak is a fantastic product (from what I hear, I don't have one) but it is a bit limited in some regards. I'd be interested to see what could be introduced to compete with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Win the 100th Mega EverDrive (Deluxe Edition) ever produced! It comes in a gold pearl color with a gold label commemorating the 100th Deluxe Edition. It also comes with 16GB SD card.

How do you enter? Its easy. First you must like our FaceBook page and second you must like this photo. That's all! So tell your friends and family!

Winner will be randomly chosen on Monday, October 1st, 2012 at 12:00PM EST.

Liking other posts does not help your chances. So please do not spam our page with likes.

Want to see how this cart was made? Check out the "making of" photo album: http://www.facebook....93071423&type=1

LEGAL: You must be 18 years or older or have a parent/guardian's permission to enter. International participants are welcome however Stone Age Gamer is not responsible for any import duties associated with winning. There is no store credit option. You can not enter or win if you have won something from Stone Age Gamer in the past 6 months.

post-22510-0-77982000-1348504394_thumb.png

• Like 1

To celebrate 2000+ likes on our FaceBook page you have a chance to win the 200th EverDrive64 (Deluxe Edition) ever produced! It comes in a gold pearl color with a gold label commemorating the 200th Deluxe Edition. It also comes with 32GB SD card.

How do you enter? Its easy. First you must like our FaceBook page and second you must like this photo. That's all! So tell your friends and family!

Winner will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 at 12:00PM EST.

Liking other posts does not help your chances. So please do not spam our page with likes.

Currently pictured is North American NTSC version. We can also do Japanese NTSC or European PAL version if the winner desires.

Cart looks better in person. Hard to get pearl coloring to show up in photo.

LEGAL: You must be 18 years or older or have a parent/guardian's permission to enter. International participants are welcome however Stone Age Gamer is not responsible for any import duties associated with winning. There is no store credit option. You can not enter or win if you have won something from Stone Age Gamer in the past 6 months.

post-22510-0-06383700-1349188835_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is really exciting. The PowerPak is a fantastic product (from what I hear, I don't have one) but it is a bit limited in some regards. I'd be interested to see what could be introduced to compete with it.

Krikzz also just announced an NES and Famicom Everdrive: http://t.co/UCu9sZFy

who knows about this: http://www.atari.org...pic.php?id=8701

looks like a micro-sd version of a lynx cart... does anyone have more info in english? can I buy one? where and how much?

Judging from the thread, it looks it'll be released late this year for 75 euro.

Edited by ApolloBoy

Krikzz also just announced an NES and Famicom Everdrive: http://t.co/UCu9sZFy

Judging from the thread, it looks it'll be released late this year for 75 euro.

I am both happy and dissapointed. I was really hoping he would do a GB/GBC cart but that seems to be nowhere on his radar. I'm glad to see another NES flash cart come out, I think it is great to have competition, maybe we'll see some updates on the PowerPak as a result?

I thought there were mappers that were set to be worked on, or updated, the "latest" pack of mappers from retrousb are quite old. what about the buggy mappers, or the planned or bad? are you telling me that there is not room for improvement?

mappers2.png

Edited by Mark Wolfe

A lot of those mappers were not used in retail games. Pretty much all of the known bugs and some unsupported mappers have been dealt with in the updates I mentioned in my post. I believe there are only 3 - 4 obscure japanese titles which continue to have problems and the US version of Castlevania 3 has some fairly minor glitches. The CV3 issue can be easily worked around using a translated version of the Japanese ROM, which works perfectly.

Commodore Vic 20:

• Low Cost Multicart/Development Cart: A very interesting dip switch multicart that holds 32 games. It comes preloaded with the 32 games, but you also have the option of burning new eeprom images to play new games. The cart also has a mini breadboard and a connection point for each of the cart edge connectors. You can also purchase a board-only version of the multicart so you can solder everything on yourselt. Very cheap and great for electronics hobbyists!

I just pulled the trigger on one of these...

Shipping was blazingly fast.. ;-)

Works as promised. It's the same size as a standard Vic cart, so I took a broken cart I had (SuperExpander+3k I had which never worked) and used that case for this multicart. A quick modification to the cart case (just cutting a spot in the top so I can get to the DIP switches) and it fits nicely in the new case.

Nice option... Yes, it's not a Megacart.. But it does what it says.. ;-)

desiv

Edited by desiv
  • Like 1