IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Yah, he spent a long time making it, I guess he's content that he got it working and he sent some out to 3do collectors. Maybe he just doesn't want to mass produce it for international orders? Hopefully it reaches the US sometime.

Well I did offer to have in manufactured myself. He would have to do nothing besides collect money and maybe offer support. My history of dealing with the guy was not very positive. It would often take him weeks to answer e-mails and often with 1 word answers. Like I said maybe it was the language barrier I don't know, but some of the things he did just didn't make any sense to me. Hopefully he comes through. I don't want to sound like I am completely knocking him, but it seems to me he has very little interest in his projects as commercial items.

Well I did offer to have in manufactured myself. He would have to do nothing besides collect money and maybe offer support. My history of dealing with the guy was not very positive. It would often take him weeks to answer e-mails and often with 1 word answers. Like I said maybe it was the language barrier I don't know, but some of the things he did just didn't make any sense to me. Hopefully he comes through. I don't want to sound like I am completely knocking him, but it seems to me he has very little interest in his projects as commercial items.

Even so, it would be nice if people could grab one off him every now and then. Too bad that hasn't even been the case.

Even so, it would be nice if people could grab one off him every now and then. Too bad that hasn't even been the case.

Right, the sad thing is (as you know) it works great.

I actually have 2 kits left of the 4 I originally ordered to try the product out, but if they are the last 2 to exist not sure what I will do with them.

Must be the sheer complexity of the system. Also, externally all you've got is a serial port I believe, which reportedly doesn't have the baud rate to get it done. Internally, there are modchips which make use of the ribbon cable that comes from the CD's board on the way to the mother board. So it's proven an interface is possible. I could be oversimplifying but wouldn't you just need to emulate the CD Drive? Leave the rest of the functions as is with the Saturn. The other consideration is there are I think 4 different Saturn revisions.

modelinstallgivenback.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been silently updating this list for a while now. I updated the PSIO, Pokemon Mini, and the Famicom Dendy cart, but here's the main list of changes:

M-1000/MP-1000:

• IN PROGRESS: APF MP-1000 SD Cart: I was surprised to find that a APF yahoo group member has created an APF MP-1000 SD flash cart. They are currently working on a redesign of the cart, and hopefully we will be able to purchase version 2.0 in the near future!

Game Boy:

• Drag'n'Derp flash cart is an updated cart mainly intended for music. It is a driverless microUSB cart which means you can drag and drop files from Windows, Mac, or Linux. The downside is you can only use 1 game and 1 save file, and it's pricey in comparison to other carts.

Atari 400/800/XL/XE:

• MyIDE-II CompactFlash Cartridge: This is an update to the MyIDE+ cartridge. While the MyIDE+ had an IDE connector which allowed you to use CompactFlash cards through adaptors, the MyIDE-II does not have an IDE connector, and it has a CompactFlash interface that allows you to use SD cards through adaptors. It has a number of other improvements as well including 4x the flash memory and 512k SRAM which can be used as a ram disk.

Neo Geo X:

• SD Card Adaptor Mod: The Neo Geo X system has a modified sd card slot that allows you to use extra game packs. The first and last pin are swapped, and the second and second to last pin are swapped on the sd cards.
    describe how to create a modified microsd adapter for use with normal microsd cards.
    describes how to convert your roms over to the Neo Geo X format. You can also follow this thread over at the Neo Geo forums.

Arcade:

• IN PROGRESS: openJAMMA is the flash cart for your arcade? That's right, it's an open source JAMMA board with USB, Ethernet, wifi (w/usb wifi adapter), SD Card, and SATA ports on it. It also has video out, VGA, HDMI, and audio outputs. It doesn't run MAME right out of the package, but you can install it yourself. It's basically a MAME pc replacement that is projected to be under $100. Personally, I want to see a giant arcade cabinet with an SD slot on the side:D

Spectrum:

• DivIDE Plus: This is an updated version of divIDE which has a CF card slot and an IDE connector on board. It has 512k ROM and 512KB RAM. This cart also has a pass-through connector so you can use another accessory like a Kempston interface (joystick, sound card, and more). It should be noted that there were hardware bugs reported with this cart, and I'm not sure if they were ever fixed. All orders are handled through SellMyRetro.
  • DivIDE 2k11: The 2k11 version of divIDE is updated with a CF card slot on board. It has 8KB ROM and 32KB RAM, and is mounted vertically (easier use). There is no IDE connector on the cart.

Dreamcast:

• IN PROGRESS: GD-Emu: A working prototype of an SD-based GD-ROM emulator has been created. This project is currently in prototyping stages. The link is for the blog site, and the most helpful posts are here and here.
  • IN PROGRESS: DCIO: It's been stated in multiple places that the team working on the PSIO for PS1 is also working on a DCIO for the dreamcast. There's not a whole lot of information on this yet, and with the GD-Emu already in prototyping stages, we'll see where this one ends up.

NES/Famicom:

• Everdrive N8: Famicom/NES Version The N8 Flash cart has been released for both the NES and famicom. You can use either cart on both systems using the correct converter. The famicom expansion audio works on the famicom natively and the NES with modification. It supports game genie cheats and FDS games as well. It uses the Cyclone II FPGA (like the Mega Everdrive), has 512KB for PRG/CHR, and 128k of battery-backed SRAM. Mappers can be updated via software updates. Also, the Famicom version uses microSD cards, and the NES version uses SD cards.

Lynx:

• IN PROGRESS: Lynx Xcart (French): This is a microSD flash cart for the Lynx. From what I can tell, a prototype was made, possibly shown at an event, but it hasn't reached production yet.
  • IN PROGRESS: Lynx Flash Masta cart is currently being worked on. If you follow the link, you will see a prototype playing an actual lynx game.

Wonderswan:

• IN PROGRESS: WonderSwan Flash Masta cart is currently being worked on. One of the developers is hoping to have something working by the end of 2013!

Studio II:

• IN PROGRESS: A RCA Studio 2 multicart is currently being worked on by RCA's production manager. He is also a new AA member, and gave us all quite the interesting read in this thread.

Sord M5:

• DISCONTINUED: Sord M5 Multicart: The multicart has a nice list of games for this rather obsucure UK comp. This was made sometime in 2011, and some small batches of carts were sold in 2012. I'm going to try and get in contact with him to see if he's planning to make more.

Oric:

• VAPORWARE: Cumulus: This is an SD-based floppy disk emulator that unfortunately never made it to production due to Turkish Customs regulations. It seems like it was in a mostly-working state, and it's available for anyone who wants to pick up the project. The Oric just can't get no lovin'.
  • VAPORWARE/IN PROGRESS?: OricSD: A software developer created a site for this SD-based flash cart. Looking at the FAQ, I'm not sure if the developer is actually working on it, or if he thought someone else would be interested and work on it with him? This seems like a "If you build it, they will come" project, but they never showed up.
  • VAPORWARE: Oric IDE Interface: It appears that this was a college project, and unfortunately it never reached a working state

Edited by PsychedelicShaman
  • Like 2

NES/Famicom:

• Everdrive N8: Famicom/NES Version The N8 Flash cart has been released for both the NES and famicom. You can use either cart on both systems using the correct converter. The famicom expansion audio works on the famicom natively and the NES with modification. It supports game genie cheats and FDS games as well. It uses the Cyclone II FPGA (like the Mega Everdrive), has 512KB for PRG/CHR, and 128k of battery-backed SRAM. Mappers can be updated via software updates. Also, the Famicom version uses microSD cards, and the NES version uses SD cards.

The NES version hasn't been released yet. You can still use Famicom adapter for the NES but for those that'd rather not use adapter the NES version was due soon.

The NES version hasn't been released yet. You can still use Famicom adapter for the NES but for those that'd rather not use adapter the NES version was due soon.

My mistake, I saw this and this. Didn't realize it was never up for purchase. It is available for back order though.

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

Krikzz opened pre-orders last week and is expected to begin shipping shortly. I think it's safe to say it's released.

Is there any difference between the NES and Famicom Everdrive othere than physical cartridge size?

NES has regular SD card slot where as Famicom has microSD card slot. Only other difference I see is NES uses different battery size. Other than that I do not think there is any difference. They both use same firmware and OS files. Obviously the advantage of the Famicom version is it fits in Famicom system without adapter so if you have a Famicom you can take advantage of expansion audio without modification.

• Like 1

I found this page through Google:

Sord M5 Flash Card

http://tulip-house.d...SH/english.html

Just like the multicart, it looks to be out of stock. Asking price was 3500 Yen, approx $35.

http://tulip-house.d...al/english.html

Unlike SirMorris' multicart, this one seems somewhat reprogrammable.

Edited by carlsson

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Looks like he has floppy emulators for Apple II and PC-6001 as well. Also according to his blog, he created the M5 Flash cart in August 2012, and it appears he sent out a few carts for beta testing. So hopefully he'll have finalized stock soon. Here's the M5 blog posts (Japanese): http://ameblo.jp/nishidaradio/theme-10058177734.html

Memotech MTX:

• REMEMOrizer 2: is an add-on for a real Memotech MTX500, MTX512 or MTX512 S2 computer, built using hardware and software developed for REMEMOTECH. It provides :- 80 column card, with 80x24 and 80x48 modes, outputting to 640x480 @ 60Hz VGA, SD Card as a large and fast alternative to floppy disk, 512KB of extra memory, CP/M boot ROM and SDX BASIC ROM providing access to SD Card and RAM Disc, Replacements for the fixed OS and BASIC ROMs, providing Virtual cassette support