IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Most of the newer ED's accept SD or MicroSD cards. If you use MicroSD you don't need a hole for it.

Really? I'm not seeing that on his site.

The only EverDrive that supports both (without adapter) is the Mega EverDrive. The Mega EverDrive has both a regular SD and microSD slot. The EverDrive-N8 (Famicom), Turbo EverDrive, and EverDrive-GG uses microSD only. Everything else still uses full sized SD card only (of course microSD work with adapter).

The only EverDrive that supports both (without adapter) is the Mega EverDrive. The Mega EverDrive has both a regular SD and microSD slot. The EverDrive-N8 (Famicom), Turbo EverDrive, and EverDrive-GG uses microSD only. Everything else still uses full sized SD card only (of course microSD work with adapter).

Thanks for clearing that up. That's what his site seems to reflect.

Any idea if using an RSMMC card allows a SNES or N64 Everdrive to fit inside a shell without cutting the plastic?

Thanks for clearing that up. That's what his site seems to reflect.

Any idea if using an RSMMC card allows a SNES or N64 Everdrive to fit inside a shell without cutting the plastic?

Not 100% sure since I never tried it myself, but the SD card sits pretty low in the N64 shell that it would probably work. The SuperED I am not sure since the SD card sticks out quite a bit. If I had an RSMMC I would try it, but I do not sorry. The people over at KRIKzz's official forum or ASSEMBLERgames may be able to answer that.

Just a heads up we will begin taking pre-orders on the EverDrive-N8 (Deluxe Edition) for the NES Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 9:00PM EST.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-edition-nes.html

Some images below. Please note labels are obviously photoshopped on for representational purposes.

post-22510-0-65353700-1380079087_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-65676000-1380079077_thumb.jpg]post-22510-0-45426500-1380079093_thumb.jpg

post-22510-0-39641200-1380079116_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-11478800-1380079109_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-57478100-1380079102_thumb.jpg

post-22510-0-93188800-1380079129_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-21795500-1380079148_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-27688800-1380079144_thumb.jpg

post-22510-0-03047100-1380079128_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-13566100-1380079126_thumb.jpgpost-22510-0-47339700-1380079123_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALY!! oh man. what is his usual turn-around time from the concept to final? I want two!! lol

Krikzz is a hell of a lot better at releasing products from concept to product than neoflash. Neoflash takes many years to release anything...

A more modern GB/GBC flash cart is long overdue. 64mb is just not cutting it any more

Edited by RGB_Gamer

Just wondering, why is there such a need for a GB/GBC cart when you can play all those roms on a GBA flash cart, on a GBA?

if you have to ask then this cart ain't for you... i have all the gba carts, etc, but nothing works like a krikzz cart. I personally have been begging the guy to make one for years. I'm glad he got around to it. the chiptunes community is going to buy these like crazy if he handles the saves correctly.

LSDJ users rejoice!

I'm glad he's finally getting around to making a GB cart! I know it's not his (or my) favorite system, and he primarily likes to make carts for systems he enjoys, but holy crap... it's just too much for him to pass up the opportunity to be the premier gameboy flash cart producer/designer. I hope he's successful with it.

@Greg2600,

If you are talking about playing GB/GBC games on a GBA flash cart, then you are probably referring to emulation, which defeats the purpose of a GB/GBC flash cart - unless it is a F2A cart/GB bridge, which I doubt.

I am sure most of us here don't care for emulation since we are here.

Edited by RGB_Gamer

@Mark Wolfe,

If you are talking about playing GB/GBC games on a GBA flash cart, then you are probably referring to emulation, which defeats the purpose of a GB/GBC flash cart - unless it is a F2A cart/GB bridge, which I doubt.

I am sure most of us here don't care for emulation since we are here.

I think you meant to address Greg2600 who Mark was answering.................

I think you meant to address Greg2600 who Mark was answering.................

thanks, I was about to come in an correct... you beat me to it

thanks again

the best GBA cart for all this is M3 Micro SD... I'm not positive but I think this actually does not use emulation, I could totally be wrong on that, but it does not matter... a Krikzz flash cart is like no other and I have been waiting for the perfect solution to playing my full library of GB/GBC which I actually DO have the carts, in the hundreds, very few doubles

anyway, there is only one other GB/GBC cart that handles saves correctly and safely that the chiptunes community uses but it can only play one game at a time, via USB and no it is not the EMS cart which is the 2nd best cart and cheap so a good deal for chiptunes players but if this turns out to be under $100 and he handles the saves the right way, it'll be great!

• Like 1

@Mark Wolfe,

Sorry about that. Well, As far to my knowledge, there was never a GBA flash cart that plays GB/GBC without using emulation. And even then, it wasn't perfect.

I use my Bung Doctor GB 64gb cart from time to time, and sometimes my CCL Smart Card since I can load GB games from floppy disk from my Pro Fighter. Occasionally, I use my F2A 256mb cart/GB bridge.

Edited by RGB_Gamer

I like the Dr 64gb carts the best, I have a few of them, plus a couple 32 and one 16, but I have a computer with a parallel port... the EMS are the best for the money right now they allow multi games list

the one thing they also have is a GBA64 cart that does all GB/GBC/GBA... I asked a while back why Krikzz might not do that but I was told it can;'t be done but yet here we have PROOF with the EMS cart which is now years old that you an indeed do all three at the same time, well I hope GBA is next then lol

Ko@Mark Wolfe,

Nice to know someone else appreciates old school gaming goods. I also have an add on for PSX called the Bung Multi Xchanger that plugs into the back of a PSX parallel port, and lets you load games from CD onto the Doctor GB cart. I know there is a way to hack some sort of USB linker to use Doctor GB carts...

What I love most about the Doctor GB carts is that there is a special menu file called DGBmax that adds the ability to change GB mono games to have several different color palettes. There is one pallette when used with Kid Icarus that makes the game seem full color (Pit has human skin color, trees are green, etc). Reminds me of Super Gameboy.

I hope Krikkz somehow adds this feature to the GB/GBC ED

Edited by RGB_Gamer

Krikzz has upgraded his Super Everdrive to new hardware (v2.1). Now supports game genie codes, and load times are very quick. Still very affordable at $79.

http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Nice, well I gave in and bought one, I paid the extra for a plastic shell as I suck at fitting / preparing my own but the shipping and total to Canada was more than reasonable. I have the MegaEverDrive and TurboEverDrive which I have been VERY happy with so no doubt I will be happy with this also. Got mine from RetroGate.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Did it come with a DSP-1 chip on it though?

Nope I bought the exact one you linked to.

I am not concerned about the DSP-1 at this time might add it later but did not want to pay extra for that feature (I am aware what that means)

http://shop.retrogate.com/SD2SNES-SD2SNES.htm

I made my choice knowing full well the difference, that is why the Super Everdrive is "only" $79.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer