IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

That’s it folks, the main list is full and I have even put some requests on a backup list in case a unit or two free up because someone changed their mind. So, no more to sell.

If you’re still interested in getting GDEMU do not despair just yet, I’m evaluating some options. Watch this space, but be patient, these things take time.

Now I’m going to focus on assembling the v5′s that have been requested.

v5.jpg

Perhaps he will take up an offer to have them more mass-produced?

heya greg, how did you become so involved with this project and I guess my next question is how much are you involved if that's ok to ask?

is there any way you can convince dknute to let some folks like SAG to help him out on production & distribution so this thing can reach more people and stop the price gouging from people who buy them just to sell them at ridiculously high prices.. which we know is coming as someone already pointed out

-mw

dknuke did e-mail me back btw and seems more receptive this time. He does feel he will need help. Maybe he wasn't as receptive the first time because the project was still very long ways from coming to fruition, now that there is light at the end of the tunnel it may have changed things. Nothing set in stone at this time of course, but obviously I will update either way.

• Like 1

I do hope this product does get the mass production treatment it deserves, especially if it is upgradeable to some sort of multi game on screen GUI. DC was/is a great system (a shmups/fighting dream for those that like arcade - quality ports), and this product is the answer to many of DC lovers' prayers for so many years.

DC was the system that never truly got the respect over systems like PS1, and for those that continue to use it, it suffered from laser faliure, slow load times on some games (Soldier of Fortune could have been so much better without atrocious load times), and skipping like all disc based systems are prone to at some point.

I missed the pre order period (no shock there), and I am anxiously awaiting a larger production run. It would be awesome if a USB drive could be connected to this thing.

Edited by XC-3730C

heya greg, how did you become so involved with this project and I guess my next question is how much are you involved if that's ok to ask?

is there any way you can convince dknute to let some folks like SAG to help him out on production & distribution so this thing can reach more people and stop the price gouging from people who buy them just to sell them at ridiculously high prices.. which we know is coming as someone already pointed out

-mw

I am not involved at all. Just have been following along on assemblergames.com forum, where the DCIO guys have been posting updates. His price was actually not that bad.

dknuke did e-mail me back btw and seems more receptive this time. He does feel he will need help. Maybe he wasn't as receptive the first time because the project was still very long ways from coming to fruition, now that there is light at the end of the tunnel it may have changed things. Nothing set in stone at this time of course, but obviously I will update either way.

Could be, he's been fairly secretive the whole time. I would like to see the DCIO project come to fruition and buy that, but they have a ways to go. I'm assuming that dknute's GDEMU runs all the games, but I don't know if he's stated that. Not sure if mult-disc work (Shenmue). It's only compatible with the mid-life VA1 model Dreamcast, not the earliest unit or the last one. Long filenames are not supported.

• 4 weeks later...

Woot, I say!

My Everdrives have arrived!

And...they're from The Ukraine? INTRIGUE! :D

...now then. It's the SNES and Genny versions...and I need SD cards. Now, they accept up to 32 MB, but I was wondering if that's overkill. Should I just go with these cards, and they should fit the appropriate libraries of ROMs? Or should I go with something smaller, will that speed things up on the menu side? I've read in the instructions that you shouldn't just go with one GIANT folder with everything inside, just to make things easier to navigate but it hints at better performance.

So before I hit up Ebay, are there any recommendations for what SD card size to get? Thanks! EVERDRIVES are HERE, woot I SAY!

Woot, I say!

My Everdrives have arrived!

And...they're from The Ukraine? INTRIGUE! :D

...now then. It's the SNES and Genny versions...and I need SD cards. Now, they accept up to 32 MB, but I was wondering if that's overkill. Should I just go with these cards, and they should fit the appropriate libraries of ROMs? Or should I go with something smaller, will that speed things up on the menu side? I've read in the instructions that you shouldn't just go with one GIANT folder with everything inside, just to make things easier to navigate but it hints at better performance.

So before I hit up Ebay, are there any recommendations for what SD card size to get? Thanks! EVERDRIVES are HERE, woot I SAY!

Well considering the guy that makes them is from that country, where'd you think they would be coming from..?

2gb is enough...

• Like 1

Regardless of everything that's happening in the region, it doesn't change the fact that Igor is from Ukraine and ships carts from there.

What he said...

Just get a 4GB card. They can be had really cheap and will hold the full GB© library.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSDHC-Memory-Adapter-Packaging/dp/B000SMVQK8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399168266&sr=8-3&keywords=4gb+sandisk

If he can't get the 2 for reasonably less then yes, otherwise it's wasting money and space for nothing... 2gb holds the snes and then some the genesis. Edited by walterg74

If he can't get the 2 for reasonably less then yes, otherwise it's wasting money and space for nothing... 2gb holds the snes and then some the genesis.

No, you can't fit full SNES and Genesis romsets on a 2GB card.

Genesis (1G1R) - 1.3GB

SNES (1G1R) - 2.77GB

You can put the GB© sets on a 2GB card though.

Game Boy (1G1R) - 253.4MB

Game Boy Color (1G1R) - 1.42GB

Unless you go with low quality cards, you're not going to get one much cheaper than the 4GB card I linked to.

Genesis (1G1R) - 1.3GB

SNES (1G1R) - 2.77GB

Unless you go with low quality cards, you're not going to get one much cheaper than the 4GB card I linked to.

I never said you could put BOTH in the same card, simply that 2gb is more than enough for each collection. The full WORKING romset for those consoles is less than that, and not the size you mention (why on earth you would want to put fullsets that include bad/nin working dumps on a flashcart beats me...)

Genesis (1G1R) - 1.3GB

SNES (1G1R) - 2.77GB

...are you guys mentioning the GB libraries because of something I don't know? :D PLEASE tell me that my Super ED is Super Gameboy compatible!...that would make my day! :D

And thanks again for the suggestions. I might as well try to find a few 4 GB cards for the long haul.

That link...I thought the EDs used regular sized SD cards?...not sure, gotta look again. I know my Harmony uses a micro SD, but I thought these used the bigger size. Learnin' shit all day, I tells ya!

Edited by atarilovesyou

I never said you could put BOTH in the same card, simply that 2gb is more than enough for each collection. The full WORKING romset for those consoles is less than that, and not the size you mention (why on earth you would want to put fullsets that include bad/nin working dumps on a flashcart beats me...)

Those are all working sets and don't include any bad dumps, hacks, trainers, etc.... They are 1G1R sets, meaning that each game is included only once (i.e. roms from multiple regions aren't included). If you have working sets which are smaller than that (uncompressed), they are not complete.

...are you guys mentioning the GB libraries because of something I don't know? :D PLEASE tell me that my Super ED is Super Gameboy compatible!...that would make my day! :D

And thanks again for the suggestions. I might as well try to find a few 4 GB cards for the long haul.

That link...I thought the EDs used regular sized SD cards?...not sure, gotta look again. I know my Harmony uses a micro SD, but I thought these used the bigger size. Learnin' shit all day, I tells ya!

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSDHC-Memory-Card-Adapter/dp/B000WH6H1M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1399221193&sr=8-4&keywords=8gb+sandisk

If you look on the right side, there's offers for 8gb microsd cards for $5 with free shipping. That's the same price as the 4gb and 2gb. I'd buy 2 8gb microsd with adapter for $10 and rest easy knowing you can definitely fit all the games and more in there. I always like buying MicroSD instead of regular SD, it gives you more flexibility if you ever upgrade your flash cart or want to re-purpose the card. You'll just need to make sure it comes with the SD adapter as well.

Grats on the everdrives! Just to be sure these are the SNES Everdrive and Everdrive-MD, not the SD2SNES and Mega Everdrive right? The MSU-1 roms can take a bit more space, and not all cards work with the SD2SNES.

• Like 3

Yes, I got the more basic versions for the SNES and Genesis. I'm going to go the 8 GB route, as basically I just want good quality at a good price. I'm glad it's not compact flash, as those are getting tougher to find around these parts. I have two devices that use them, and they only allow up to a certain size. The cost for the smaller cards are now more than the larger ones, lol. Not that I ever see that happening with SD cards. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Woot, I say!

So, I went with a couple of 8 GB cards because the price was right. I just wanted to ask, however, if the overall size of the media will affect load times. I have an older digital camera that takes soooo much longer to load up a 2GB card (even with no photos on it) than it does for the much smaller ones it was designed for.

Since neither SNES or Genny libraries are larger than 2GB, will the unused 6 GB cause any slower loading times, or even time just to power up the cart? Thanks!

So, I went with a couple of 8 GB cards because the price was right. I just wanted to ask, however, if the overall size of the media will affect load times. I have an older digital camera that takes soooo much longer to load up a 2GB card (even with no photos on it) than it does for the much smaller ones it was designed for.

Since neither SNES or Genny libraries are larger than 2GB, will the unused 6 GB cause any slower loading times, or even time just to power up the cart? Thanks!

Load times/SD Card Speed on SD Cards are affected by their Class Type, see the wikipedia article which explains this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating

I am not sure if there is a bottleneck on the Everdrives which means they will only work at a maximum speed. However as the ROMS are relatively small (apart from the larger ones) you will be waiting seconds for something to load, rather than minutes and I expect the speed will only really affect the time it takes to initially copy the ROMS onto a SD Card using a PC, so even a Class 2 card will work fairly quickly.

Unusued space will not affect loading times. However I use No Intro sets (all regions, so some repeats) along with Betas, Protos, English Translations and ROM Hacks my SNES card has 4,711 files and fills up about 7GB. My Genesis card, along with that, SMS and 32X games is 4,482 files and about 4.5GB.

Load times/SD Card Speed on SD Cards are affected by their Class Type, see the wikipedia article which explains this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating

I am not sure if there is a bottleneck on the Everdrives which means they will only work at a maximum speed. However as the ROMS are relatively small (apart from the larger ones) you will be waiting seconds for something to load, rather than minutes and I expect the speed will only really affect the time it takes to initially copy the ROMS onto a SD Card using a PC, so even a Class 2 card will work fairly quickly.

Unusued space will not affect loading times. However I use No Intro sets (all regions, so some repeats) along with Betas, Protos, English Translations and ROM Hacks my SNES card has 4,711 files and fills up about 7GB. My Genesis card, along with that, SMS and 32X games is 4,482 files and about 4.5GB.

Hmm I guess to each his own. I like having the games to play, not to check out every single variation, tweak, hack, etc (and which on the other hand you won't even check in a lifetime). I simply have just one (working/good) version of each game, US, unless the game is not available in that region in which case I have it in it's EU or JAP one, and for this a 2GB is more than enough, and I don't waste space or even time sorting through endless files to get to the one I want.

Different tastes I guess.

• Like 1