IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Gameboy (Color):

• Everdrive GB: An Everdrive Cart for the Gameboy. Aslo works with the SNES Super Gameboy. Game Boy And Game Boy color games supported.

Sinclair ZX81:

• ZXPand: The ZXpand interface is a brand new interface for the Sinclair ZX81, and Timex-Sinclair TS/1000 Home Computers which provides the following facilities: SD Memory Card reader - for instant loading from / saving to .p files (used by ZX81 emulators), 32K of configurable RAM memory, which can then be set up to use the various hi-resolution graphics schemes for the Sinclair ZX81 and more. Manual and more info at this website link. This also allows the recent Dragon's Lair port to be played.

Sinclair ZX80:

• ZXPand: The ZXpand interface is a brand new interface for the Sinclair ZX80 Home Computer which provides the following facilities: SD Memory Card reader - for instant loading from / saving to .o files (used by ZX80 emulators), 32K of configurable RAM memory and more.

Acorn Atom:

• AtomMMC 2.0: An MMC device for the Acorn Atom. Not much information available and I am unsure if they are still available to purchase.
Edited by StarshipUK

Regarding the VIC-20 Behr Bonz, it says it is discontinued but Eslapion is currently making another batch.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56288

For the Sord M5, apart from SirMorris multicart (which I think he is looking to redesign to be more compatible with various Sord/CGL/Takara M5's and submodels), there was this Flash card that might be discontinued but the seller might also have some spare.

http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/DIGITAL/M5FLASH/english.html

Should put a note with Everdrive Gameboy: Game Genie is broken. It does not matter what code you use, it doesn't work the way you wanted to work if it works at all. Last I checked, fix hasn't come. You would need to manually hack GB ROMs with the cheat code before copying it to SD card for the ED GB. Krikzz forum has some useful hack list and programs.

• Like 1

Should put a note with Everdrive Gameboy: Game Genie is broken. It does not matter what code you use, it doesn't work the way you wanted to work if it works at all. Last I checked, fix hasn't come. You would need to manually hack GB ROMs with the cheat code before copying it to SD card for the ED GB. Krikzz forum has some useful hack list and programs.

Does it work with an actual Game Genie?

'llo !

Just to let you know that PS-IO (ODE for PlayStation 1) came to the beta stage.

Well, still wouldn't get any money ready quite yet. I'm not sure how much beta testing they feel they need.

Does it work with an actual Game Genie?

it may mess up ED menu software and there isn't a way to go back to Game Genie without resetting to ED menu. I haven't tried and Game Genie doesn't work for any of the games I like to play (Game Genie are pre-CGB and doesn't work with CGB at all) A later Game Shark with CGB could work but still you may have trouble accessing ED menu with the cheat device.

it may mess up ED menu software and there isn't a way to go back to Game Genie without resetting to ED menu. I haven't tried and Game Genie doesn't work for any of the games I like to play (Game Genie are pre-CGB and doesn't work with CGB at all) A later Game Shark with CGB could work but still you may have trouble accessing ED menu with the cheat device.

Yeah generally plugging a cheat device between the flash cart and the console is a bad idea. Cheat cartridges manipulate bytes of data either in RAM or ROM, and will cause issues if the flash cart or other bootstrapping device accesses these addresses. It could corrupt the game being copied into flash/ram or even possibly corrupt the SD card itself if data is written back to it.

NES is relatively safe if you stick to 8-character codes as these rely on a checksum. In such instance there is a ~1/256 chance the checksum will match. NES Game Genies can even be daisy-chained although adding too many will eventually mess with the bus timing and cause the game to fail. There is little need to hook a Game Genie to an NES flash cart as both the Everdrive and PowerPak support codes.

Cheat carts that contain an on/off switch such as SNES or Genesis will likely work with a flash cart if steps are carefully followed: Turn the on/off switch to on prior to boot. Input codes and switch the genie off. Load the flash menu. Select game and load it. Turn the Genie back on.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 4 weeks later...

Need to list the EZ Flash IV for GBA. The recent version supports 32G SD cards, but the software is still terrible.

I'm gonna patiently wait for a solution from Krikzz that does not suck. He is allegedly working on a GBA Everdrive. I've already D-loaded the most recent No-Intro set off of wouldntyouliketoknow dotcom, which is around 24 Gbytes in size uncompressed and includes every GBA ROM commercially released (with the exception of the three full length Dreamworks movies on GBA Video, ie Shrek 1, 2, and Sharktails) and will fit conveniently on a 32Gbyte SD card.

Could be a wait. Krikzz went in a "new" direction hardware wise with his Turbo ED v.2, which I believe was going to lead to the GBA and other devices. The TED v2 has been a bit of a nightmare, with users experiencing a lot of issues with it freezing up.

I'm gonna patiently wait for a solution from Krikzz that does not suck. He is allegedly working on a GBA Everdrive. I've already D-loaded the most recent No-Intro set off of wouldntyouliketoknow dotcom, which is around 24 Gbytes in size uncompressed and includes every GBA ROM commercially released (with the exception of the three full length Dreamworks movies on GBA Video, ie Shrek 1, 2, and Sharktails) and will fit conveniently on a 32Gbyte SD card.

Kinda glad I got the Turbo ED 1.2 and don't have to deal with issues resulting from feature creep. Ditto I've got the Super Everdrive 2.0 that I harvested the DSP chip myself from Micheal Andretti Indy Car Racing. No issues with DSP BIOS files and random DSP games not working properly. Bavk to basics.

The TED v2 has been a bit of a nightmare, with users experiencing a lot of issues with it freezing up.

There's only 2 people reporting freezing problems with the card. That doesn't at all imply there are widespread issues. It's very possible they simply have defective cards.

Could be a wait. Krikzz went in a "new" direction hardware wise with his Turbo ED v.2, which I believe was going to lead to the GBA and other devices. The TED v2 has been a bit of a nightmare, with users experiencing a lot of issues with it freezing up.

There's only 2 people reporting freezing problems with the card. That doesn't at all imply there are widespread issues. It's very possible they simply have defective cards.

Quite a few people on pce f x forum have reported issue. Oddly all of them had problem with TG-16 only, it seems to work fine in PCE, Coregrafx, TE, GT, and Duo. (haven't heard of anyone using shuttle or LT yet). Right now there's theories such as longer data bus in TG-16 since NEC redesigned to be bigger to suit American's bigger is better concept and longer data bus increased chance of data lag and corruption on TED 2.0. Not all TG-16 are having this issue though.

Since the problem seems to happen only on TG-16, and TG-16 is electrically identical to PCE other than being larger with components spread out further. They are fairly confident the issue is related to TG-16 design somehow. The whiz over there will need more time to rule out everything from shit 5v regulator to excessively long bus before finding out the cause of the issue.

• Like 1

It sounds like a power issue indeed, it's probably more a wattage question (tho it's linked : when the max limit of power is reached, voltage start to drop). I've been following the development of the Gamate flash cart by JFMateos, and it was one of the concerns; having the cart port delivering enough milliamps to power the whole multicart (especially since it's a portable console).

I'm not sure it's a bus lenght issue, as on the PC engine, you have a whole stack stuff to put the original CD-ROM² and the console side to side, making the data transfert spread over 15 cm from one console to the other.

NEC%20PC-Engine%20CD-ROM%C2%B2.JPG

So I more think that with add-ons, especially the Tennokoe 2 that is powered by the console and not self-powered, there is not enough amps for both accessories and the Turbo cart.

I guess someone should, or is, investigate if those issues happens with the Interface Unit, and PC Engine Duo; and if it doesn't, does those machines have better powered data lines (for the Duo) or a second data bus feeding (for the Interface Unit).

Since the problem seems to happen only on TG-16, and TG-16 is electrically identical to PCE other than being larger with components spread out further. They are fairly confident the issue is related to TG-16 design somehow. The whiz over there will need more time to rule out everything from shit 5v regulator to excessively long bus before finding out the cause of the issue.

Not quite electrically identical. Besides the swapped data bus lines (which is a physical not electrical problem), US released games all have region coding in them that makes them incompatible with PCE. Ironically, all PCE games lack this region code, and will run flawless on a US TG with an adapter.

The Turbo Everdrive auto patches the US ROMs to strip region coding so any region protection when run on a PCE is moot. It could be an issue with the toggle switch which I have heard is easily damaged, so it's best to set this switch and not touch it again.

I've had no issues with my Everdrive and I assume people who do could just as easily be the result of bad ROMs. Once I installed my No Intro set onto the 2Gb Micro SD, everything worked flawlessly.

Krikzz is adding RAM and some other features to the Turbo ED v2 to enable a couple of obscure Japanese ROMs to work, and potential future support for CD system card BIOS. Also the new Turbo ED v2 is RAM based instead of flash, so future enhanced Hucard homebrew (currently non existent) can use the upper bank of it's own ROM as extra RAM.

Since my TurboGrafx has no CD attachment (screw paying $400 for a CD-ROM drive that may or may not fail in a couple years) and there are no Hucard homebrew apps yet that use the RAM based storage, I don't see the need to update my Turbo ED. Also the 3D printed case is confirmed not to fit due to placement of the components.

I'm not entirely sure, but it is possible that the RAM based storage could create issues if any poorly programmed games send write commands to the ROM bus. The write would be successful unlike on real hardware, and cause wrong values in the ROM resulting in bugs or crashes.