IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

You do know that 2 in roman numerals has those horizontal bars, and that this: ][ is a pretty close way of showing it, right..?

No, it isn't. Roman numberal II is a serif font, meaning the Is have little arms on the edges. So use of a proper font is key. A Roman numberal II looks like this:

roman-two-temporary-tattoo.jpg

So it's a font issue. Try Times New Roman instead of Arial.

Times New Roman:

II

Arial:

II

(hint: if you're using a mobile device instead of a PC, the fonts may not show up)

Somebody please tell me what font they used that "II" shows up like ][" instead.

No, it isn't. Roman numberal II is a serif font, meaning the Is have little arms on the edges. So use of a proper font is key. A Roman numberal II looks like this:

roman-two-temporary-tattoo.jpg

So it's a font issue. Try Times New Roman instead of Arial.

Times New Roman:

II

Arial:

II

(hint: if you're using a mobile device instead of a PC, the fonts may not show up)

Somebody please tell me what font they used that "II" shows up like "][" instead.

Uhm...ok, at this point I don't know if you're joking or not but...

1) you do know roman numerals existed before the concepts of fonts and serif/sans-serif, right..?

2) it's not two "I"s, the characters are two square brackets opposite each other that resemble the number two in roman numerals

3)"...The Apple II series (trademarked with square brackets as "Apple ][" and rendered on later models as "Apple //") is a family of home computers..."

4)Renditions of the "II" name:

The "II" portion of the Apple II name was rendered in a variety of creative ways using stylized characters which resembled punctuation symbols on the front lids of the computers, and most printed material followed this lead. The II and II+ were labeled ][ and ][ plus. The IIGS and IIc Plus were rendered in small caps. The Apple III, IIc, and IIe models used slashes: ///, //c and //e.

1) you do know roman numerals existed before the concepts of fonts and serif/sans-serif, right..?

In 2005 I toured Italy and visited the ancient Pompei excavation site, and seen Roman Numeral street numbers that had been buried under volcanic ash for nearly 2000 years (also saw quite a few phallic symbols as well), so yes, I am aware they have existed long before the concept of "fonts" or even the printing press. And IIRC, the ancient symbols did have the little bars on them usually.

Sorry for being an ass and derailing the thread. Carry on...

Stone Age will begin carrying the new NeoSD AES/MVS flash cart lines. Prices expected to be on par with TerraOnion (developer), which means around $450.00. I'm fine with emulation, thank you very much!

https://twitter.com/StoneAgeGamer/status/812383348962299904

We are proud to announce our collaboration with TerraOnion to distribute the NeoSD line of flash carts for Neo Geo AES system & MVS arcade.

C0YqOuyVEAAsEQW.jpg

• Like 2

A german guy named Kjell (on Facebook Kjell Baut) is currently selling Arcadia 2001,Schmid Tvg 2000,Hanimex or Tele Fever Multicarts for 45€ plus shipping. On the cart are 64 games and he is using a rotary switch to chose from. A 3d printed shell is included and as well a small screwdriver, with which you can choose the games.

A german guy named Kjell (on Facebook Kjell Baut) is currently selling Arcadia 2001,Schmid Tvg 2000,Hanimex or Tele Fever Multicarts for 45€ plus shipping. On the cart are 64 games and he is using a rotary switch to chose from. A 3d printed shell is included and as well a small screwdriver, with which you can choose the games.

I considered MVS multicarts, but between them all, not all games are covered.

A 64-position rotary switch? Wouldn't DIP-switches be of better use here?

I never quite understood the use of switches as a game select tool. It seems to me a poor man's solution and a cumbersome way to select a game, as opposed to an in-cart menu with simple bankswitch. And heaven forbid you loose the sheet of paper that lists the game settings. I think more than 16 positions (4-bit) gets impractical.

Perhaps those are 2 dials with 8 steps each, i.e. 8 x 8 = 64 different slots? An in-cartridge menu assumes that someone can do the software, and that the software can switch in the desired program and reset the machine. Not everyone have those abilities, although many understand the electronics.

• Like 1

Someone on AA sold Arcadia Multicarts with the switch position and game names on the cart itself, on one side. Practical, a,d well made too.

Ward Shrake sold the original ones, but CPUWIZ was making a similar one for a while. I'm not sure either is available anymore.

Ward Shrake sold the original ones, but CPUWIZ was making a similar one for a while. I'm not sure either is available anymore.

5-11under produced one, and it may still be available:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/189779-arcadia-2001-multicart-2011-version-any-interest/page-7?&&do=findComment&comment=2558175

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/189779-arcadia-2001-multicart-2011-version-any-interest/page-1

I have both-the one from 5-11under with dip switches and the one from Kjell Baut. Carlsson is right-there are 2 dials with 8 steps each in the cart, which makes it 64 games in total. The cartridge itself has a nice plexiglass transparent back with 2 drillholes in it, that you can choose the games and you can see the insight. The cartridge even has a drillhole for the screwdriver in it, that it did not get lost, when you dont use it-I find that very handy. Included is also a laminated sheet with all games on it (which position is which game).

Its very easy to change the games-there is an arrow showing in which position you are.

• Like 1

Just wanted to let folks know that I am gauging interest to possibly make some more Action Max DVDs for collectors who want to play their system.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240478-now-taking-orders-action-max-vhs-collection-on-dvd/page-2?hl=%2Baction+%2Bmax+%2Bdvd&do=findComment&comment=3661751

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's here... :D

Overall it works like a charm, it's soooo nice to finally have everything on one cart. Loading is faster than I expected and haven't had any issues so far - other than the boards being placed in the shell in a way which makes the label the wrong way for a CMVS like this one (note that as shipped the label would be the right way for say an MV-1FZ). Which isn't a problem as swapping the boards internally is a snap.

dcmcgM.jpg

• Like 1

It's here... :D

Overall it works like a charm, it's soooo nice to finally have everything on one cart. Loading is faster than I expected and haven't had any issues so far - other than the boards being placed in the shell in a way which makes the label the wrong way for a CMVS like this one (note that as shipped the label would be the right way for say an MV-1FZ). Which isn't a problem as swapping the boards

Is that a NeoSD ? The $450 one ? I'm still patiently waiting on Darksoft's cart but it seems like it's never coming out

Neo Geo has been very expensive since day 1.

It is, and this cart isn't cheap - but in terms of overall value it might be the best flash cart ever made considering the massive expense of the Neo Geo's library.

Is that a NeoSD ? The $450 one ? I'm still patiently waiting on Darksoft's cart but it seems like it's never coming out

Yes it's the NeoSD https://www.neosdstore.com/

I'm not sure what Darksoft's cart was supposed to be or offer, but I can tell you that the NeoSD is fantastic so far and a Neo Geo flash cart is something I've wanted for ages.

It is, and this cart isn't cheap - but in terms of overall value it might be the best flash cart ever made considering the massive expense of the Neo Geo's library.

Actually it is not... if you comsider whole libraries, I'm pretty sure the "best flash cart ever made" considering value per game would be the harmony...

you have to join this forum to read it but here is the home of Darksoft,

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?board/31-neo-geo-multigame-cart/&s=21d0f5b2fe6382f306063933e898bdbcb1b7c392

He's the KRIKZZ of the Arcade Board world ... everything I have read about how his cart is built, and it is already built, it's going to be better than the Neo geo sd ... it will probably be the same price unless he tries to undercut their price, which would be good for competition

I'm waiting. I've waited this long, I can wait longer

I have DS's Capcom II Multi Kit, it's incredible.