IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

I'm talking about innovation and quality

Other flash carts exist that KRIKZZ didn't design.. which are better in just about every instance except maybe the SD2SNES which was so on par that KRIKKZ backed the production of it.. sort of an executive producer role.

I've said it here before (and have been attacked for saying it because my remarks were mistakenly misinterpreted as being condescending) but when DS's cart does come out , it's going to be very high quality and have a much more accessible way to obtain support for it than the current Neo geo cart. Which seemed to come out of nowhere and had no names or reputations associated with it. As far as I know that's still the case. It reminds me of how the MVS pirate Multi Carts are produced and sold. I don't trust the components it's made with for that very reason.

I also think that in the long run, development updates for firmware, menus, & perhaps even compatibility will be faithfully updated long after the release of the hardware just like KRIKZZ still supports all of his hardware

That's the comparison I am making

This was literally just released moments ago by Darksoft

I got notified by the forum subscription email at arcade projects

Quote from Darksoft:

"OK guys, as we wait for the multi to reach mitsurugi so he can show us the full potential of the multi, I'm attaching a short video.

There has been a lot of speculation as to how many games the multi support currently, how long games take to load, etc.

This video should answer many of your questions. It doesnt show how I go back to the menu with key pressing or how I change between slots, but it's there.

Currently there are only 3-4 games out of 264 that dont work. The rest work as you can see.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULjqvVCLgLc&feature=youtu.be

More coming soon.

you have to join this forum to read it but here is the home of Darksoft,

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?board/31-neo-geo-multigame-cart/&s=21d0f5b2fe6382f306063933e898bdbcb1b7c392

He's the KRIKZZ of the Arcade Board world ... everything I have read about how his cart is built, and it is already built, it's going to be better than the Neo geo sd ... it will probably be the same price unless he tries to undercut their price, which would be good for competition

I'm waiting. I've waited this long, I can wait longer

I have DS's Capcom II Multi Kit, it's incredible.

ACCESS DENIED. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE.

Anyway for real, Krikzz is planing on doing a Neo Geo card? First I've heard f it. Last I checked his forums, he had no plans to release one.

What part of the very first sentence I posted didn't you comprehend ?? So much so that you had to PUT EVERYTHING IN CAPS?

Sheesh

KRIKZZ is not putting out a nephron cart

ACCESS DENIED. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE.

Anyway for real, Krikzz is planing on doing a Neo Geo card? First I've heard f it. Last I checked his forums, he had no plans to release one.

• Like 1

Currently there are only 3-4 games out of 264 that dont work. The rest work as you can see.

I wonder why? Did he mention which ones they are?

I really do want one of the Neo Geo flash carts, but the price is just too rich for my blood. Why can't someone just make a cheap multicart like the 121-in-1 (or whatever it is) that is sold for $30 everywhere, but with the correct roms this time.

Neo geo multi carts are really crappy quality and I've never seen one for $30. The ones that are 100-in-1 or more always have so many dupes it winds up being at most maybe 50 games ... there are tons of good comparison charts on line that show which games are on which carts. I own two that covers a lion's share of the collection but so many of the games have weird glitches with sound, video or both.

The reason they are so expensive, and you can't get around this no matter what you do, is because of the chips needed. They are expensive. End of story. Darksoft answers so many technical questions like this that the Neo geo sd team doesn't even admit in the first place nor are they accessible like he is which is something I pointed out a while back and whatshsface attacked me for saying what was merely the truth of the matter.

As to why no one has made a quality multi cart with no dupes, I'm sure it's cost related

The arcade-projects forum is as easy to sign up to as this one. It's free. No spam, no popups... I am not a solicitor nor do I endorse that forum . (I can't stand the guy who runs it) I only point it out to others here to inform them that if they want to find out detailed information about the Neo geo flash Darksoft is making, you have to sign up to read the forum and all those questions have been answered there ... that's the only reason iv ever posted links to it... people here ask a question and I point to that forum for the answer if I don't recall or don't know the answer.

I don't recall which games are not playable but I know they were not games I'd ever played or was interested in. It's probably something to do with a special chip that only those three need or something like that . Might have made the card more expensive (i guess)

I bet anything the Neo geo SD won't play them either and it's possible that darksoft refers to the actual roms and not hacks of the roms that would otherwise run (just a guess again, on that) .

I wonder why? Did he mention which ones they are?

I really do want one of the Neo Geo flash carts, but the price is just too rich for my blood. Why can't someone just make a cheap multicart like the 121-in-1 (or whatever it is) that is sold for $30 everywhere, but with the correct roms this time.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Neo geo multi carts are really crappy quality and I've never seen one for $30. The ones that are 100-in-1 or more always have so many dupes it winds up being at most maybe 50 games ... there are tons of good comparison charts on line that show which games are on which carts. I own two that covers a lion's share of the collection but so many of the games have weird glitches with sound, video or both.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SNK-161-in-1-Cassette-Cartridge_60428270170.html

Yep this POS has tons of hacks and dupes, but *most* of the games actually work (there are some that are screwed up). Still, $30 for 70% of the Neo Geo library vs $350 for 100% (plus the ability to add more) isn't bad.

That's a huge price shift on those

Must be because of the flash carts... that's a new or really recent price drop . They were never less than $65 or so on that site. I know because I bought one last August from the same site ... dif vendor, but I sorted vendors by price when I searched for it based on the chart below

They're probably trying to unload them

I have two different multi carts but as I said, quality ain't so great on some. If you get them that cheap it's worth getting the capacitor/transistor fixes done on them to fix glitches . The Neo geo forums are full of tutorials and videos that show what sort of glitches exist, why & how to fix them

This chart tells you which carts have which games

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SNK-161-in-1-Cassette-Cartridge_60428270170.html

Yep this POS has tons of hacks and dupes, but *most* of the games actually work (there are some that are screwed up). Still, $30 for 70% of the Neo Geo library vs $350 for 100% (plus the ability to add more) isn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Also Foreverdrive for the NES:

Diamonds are forever, and now your NES library is too with the ForeverDrive. This ultra-limited edition version of the EverDrive-N8 is the ultimate in decadence for your collection. Give new meaning to the term “flash cart” with this 18-karat gold plated aluminum, 4-carat diamond-encrusted piece of gaming opulence. Only 5 of them will ever be made. We guarantee you won’t have buyer’s remorse after purchasing this amazing item!*

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/foreverdrive.html

• Like 1

And also the Multi-cartridge for Dragon/CoCo 2 has had a few add on extensions made to enable the cartridge to work with other systems including:

Odyssey 2 Extension
Vectrex Extension
INTERTON ELECTRONICS VC4000 Video Computer Extension (A German 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242786-multi-cartridge-for-dragoncoco-2-available/

Also Foreverdrive for the NES:

Diamonds are forever, and now your NES library is too with the ForeverDrive. This ultra-limited edition version of the EverDrive-N8 is the ultimate in decadence for your collection. Give new meaning to the term “flash cart” with this 18-karat gold plated aluminum, 4-carat diamond-encrusted piece of gaming opulence. Only 5 of them will ever be made. We guarantee you won’t have buyer’s remorse after purchasing this amazing item!*

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/foreverdrive.html

APRIL FOOLS! :roll:

• 1 month later...

the Texas Instruments TI-99/4 and TI-99/4A got the "FinalGrom99" cartridge featuring a SD card interface.

It can run (load from SD) all cartridges that got released, including the TI manufactored ones based on Grom instead of Rom chips.

As a beta tester of the cart I can say this is the mulit-cartridge/flash-cartridge/sd-cartridge to get for your TI-99 Home Computer.

- If the original cartridge does not require a 32kb ram expansion hardware to run, then it is also not needed for FinalGrom99.

- Cartridges like Editor/Assembler, TI Logo II, Road Hunter require 32K ram expansion for the program itsself to run, this had nothing to do with FinalGrom99.

How to get it? It is about to be released (open source, open hardware) and the developer will sell a production run via atariage.com in the TI-99 related forum.

I've considered writing you to get one, but it wouldn't make much sense not having a VB (again) as of yet. It's a good thing you still do them for people on request. I get they're not a huge mover as it wasn't like some high volume console before it croaked so it's a limited audience. Given the expense involved now and the growing homebrew market with it along with leaked prototypes the library probably has doubled in size from 20 years ago.

I've been building the FlashBoy+ carts continually for years.

I make small batches which always sell out pretty quickly.

Do you want one ?

(I can put you on the list)

I would absolutely love one -- please do put me on the list! I had no idea they were still in production. That's great news.

I also know the Video Game Critic is very interested in having one so that he can complete his Virtual Boy review set; shall I tell him to contact you?

• 5 months later...