IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Anyone know the cheapest place in the usa to get an ez flash reform? Looked around and all I could find was around $45 plus shipping. Is that good or any place cheaper? Thanks!

From what I can tell that is as low as you will get from a USA seller. And even then it will probably still be shipped from China.

Anyone know the cheapest place in the usa to get an ez flash reform? Looked around and all I could find was around $45 plus shipping. Is that good or any place cheaper? Thanks!

Do yourself a favor. Get the GBA Everdrive X5. It's a bit more expensive but worth it over that China Bootleg junk quality. Pure drag and drop, no drivers needed. Also supports GB/GBC emulation as well as NES and SMS/GG.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/42-everdrive-gba-x5.html

https://shop.retrogate.com/everdrive/everdrive-gba-x5-buy

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-gba-x5-basic.html

EZ flash requires you to translate ROMs using a PC application prior to copying them to the SD card. Terribly outdated and a pain in the ass to use.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 1

Do yourself a favor. Get the GBA Everdrive X5. It's a bit more expensive but worth it over that China Bootleg junk quality. Pure drag and drop, no drivers needed. Also supports GB/GBC emulation as well as NES and SMS/GG.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/42-everdrive-gba-x5.html

https://shop.retrogate.com/everdrive/everdrive-gba-x5-buy

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-gba-x5-basic.html

EZ flash requires you to translate ROMs using a PC application prior to copying them to the SD card. Terribly outdated and a pain in the ass to use.

Yeah general rule of thumb is that if there's an Everdrive for your system then that's the best flashcart hands down.

• Like 2

I would like to give smokemonster a round of applause for his hard work over the last few years making these things very user friendly to set up. I can't imagine how many hours it took to organize those libraries with translations, needed hacks. It seems he has very recently stopped hosting included roms and has moved on to strictly lists, folder structures, etc.. The packs can still be found "out there", but they have been uploaded by unaffiliated people.

• Like 2

The Everdrive Black Friday sale has started! Some good deals there and if you don't need the latest and greatest, some of the older carts are being phased out at even bigger discounts.

http://www.krikzz.com/

I ended up getting a Turbo Everdrive. Almost got a N64 one too but after my card got declined for possible fraud it gave me time to think and decided to hold off for now.

I ended up getting a Turbo Everdrive. Almost got a N64 one too but after my card got declined for possible fraud it gave me time to think and decided to hold off for now.

I was worried my card would do the same (often it does for overseas companies). Fortunately it didn't, whew.

I was sitting there eyeing the Turbo Everdrive V.2 as well. I have a version 1 so I ended up passing but I wouldn't mind upgrading eventually. There are some nice benefits like being able to use it as a Super System Card if you have a standard TG-16/PCE + CD setup.

I was worried my card would do the same (often it does for overseas companies). Fortunately it didn't, whew.

I was sitting there eyeing the Turbo Everdrive V.2 as well. I have a version 1 so I ended up passing but I wouldn't mind upgrading eventually. There are some nice benefits like being able to use it as a Super System Card if you have a standard TG-16/PCE + CD setup.

Only use the custom Super System card rom that elmer made. Using the regular rom on the TED2 could damage your hardware.

Only use the custom Super System card rom that elmer made. Using the regular rom on the TED2 could damage your hardware.

I was under the impression that only goes for the V.1 card, not the 2. Maybe you are right.

*Edit: I see you mean "custom ROM", not "it won't work". Gotcha. So use a different version of the ROM and V.2 owners will be good to use it as a Super System Card.

Edited by Austin

Actually, there was a firmware update for the EZ Flash IV that allows you to drag and drop games on an SD card (I think the games are patched as you select them from the cart menu). Also, there is no longer a 2 GB limit for SD cards.

That said, I gave my EZ Flash IV away and got an Everdrive GBA. It is a better cart, overall.

I was under the impression that only goes for the V.1 card, not the 2. Maybe you are right.

*Edit: I see you mean "custom ROM", not "it won't work". Gotcha. So use a different version of the ROM and V.2 owners will be good to use it as a Super System Card.

The V1 has no ram and will do nothing at all. You can use it to run the CD-ROM2 system card roms, as they only access the ram inside the CD-ROM Interface Unit.

The V2 TEDs have ram that the normal Super CD system card rom will try to use that leads to potentially harmful effects.

Any Rhea or Phoebe users, this card is large enough for the entire US library. That's including netlink variants, translations like Policenauts; shining force 3; dragon force 2 etc... plus all the import games you could want to play.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ/

I have 368 discs loaded on mine, with around 19 gb left over. Should easily be able to hold around 400 discs on it.

Simply formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters, no issues to report.

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 1

What games do you recommend I start off with? I have just the base unit.

What games do you recommend I start off with? I have just the base unit.

Hm.. There are a lot of great starting points. Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe, Raiden, R-Type, some of the Sega conversions (OutRun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc), Side Arms, Bonk's Adventure, to name a few.

Hm.. There are a lot of great starting points. Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe, Raiden, R-Type, some of the Sega conversions (OutRun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc), Side Arms, Bonk's Adventure, to name a few.

Thanks. Some of those I have already. I'll have to check out the Sega games. High on my list is Street Fighter. Pretty much just for its impressive technical achievement. I'd imagine it doesn't play the best with a two button controller.

• 1 month later...

Man, I forgot how long it takes to get these things from the Ukraine. My cart shipped a month ago (a couple of weeks after ordering at that, Krikzz was likely slammed after that sale), and it's still yet to arrive. Just had a sigh of relief though because it's tracked and it looks like it has just arrived at my local USPS sorting facility. Should be here this week!

That large discount on Black Friday is too good to pass up though and so it was worth the wait. I'd say for anyone Stateside ordering EverDrives at any other time than Black Friday, StoneAgeGamer is probably the way to go. Prices seem comparable these days and you'll receive them super fast.

• Like 1

Man, I forgot how long it takes to get these things from the Ukraine. My cart shipped a month ago (a couple of weeks after ordering at that, Krikzz was likely slammed after that sale), and it's still yet to arrive. Just had a sigh of relief though because it's tracked and it looks like it has just arrived at my local USPS sorting facility. Should be here this week!

That large discount on Black Friday is too good to pass up though and so it was worth the wait. I'd say for anyone Stateside ordering EverDrives at any other time than Black Friday, StoneAgeGamer is probably the way to go. Prices seem comparable these days and you'll receive them super fast.

Yeah I've bought more Everdrives through SAG than Krikzz. My GBA Everdrive I preordered from Krikzz though as stock takes a while after release to show up at StoneAge Gamer.

It's a really cool flashcart list (probably the most detailed of its kind)! Thank you! But it has not been updated for quite some time... What about uploading it into some kind of wiki so that the OP would not have to update it just by themselves? Maybe Emulation General wiki? They already have a flashcart section there, and well, to some extent one could say that a flashcart is a "cartridge emulator"... :P

• 1 month later...