IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

I still wonder why AtariAge doesn't have its own (possibly moderated) wiki. This is a typical example of information that wants to be stored in a such form. However I see that Punisher updated the first post back in January 2019 so perhaps it is a live document after all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's done...new Multicarts for the Super Cassette Vision are finished!

Here are the first prototypes, which work perfect!

20190426_15212945kap.jpg

To keep the design simple i choose to make two different cartridges.

1. Multicart has ALL available 8kb, 16kb, 32kb and 64kb games included + the two BIOS-Dumper-Tools (Homebrew to dump your Super Cassette Vision bios) == 29 games

2. Multicart for the four 128kb games.

Both carts fit into the original cartridge-cases.

The 29in1 Multicart will cost 25eur, the 4in1 Multicart will cost 20eur. Shipping (worldwide) will cost 13eur...no matter how much carts you take.

PreOrders are now opened, so just write me a message if you need some. I will ship out the finished carts in late/end of may.

• Like 5

Two people doing the same thing at the same time independently. The pcbs for my new SCV-extension for the Dragon Multicart currently are in production in China and I'm waiting for those to built the prototype. Well, better two solutions than none. And I finished a separate cartridge for big roms. Same idea. :idea:

The SCV is seems to be served now.

:)

• Like 2

It's done...new Multicarts for the Super Cassette Vision are finished!

Here are the first prototypes, which work perfect!

20190426_15212945kap.jpg

To keep the design simple i choose to make two different cartridges.

1. Multicart has ALL available 8kb, 16kb, 32kb and 64kb games included + the two BIOS-Dumper-Tools (Homebrew to dump your Super Cassette Vision bios) == 29 games

2. Multicart for the four 128kb games.

Both carts fit into the original cartridge-cases.

The 29in1 Multicart will cost 25eur, the 4in1 Multicart will cost 20eur. Shipping (worldwide) will cost 13eur...no matter how much carts you take.

PreOrders are now opened, so just write me a message if you need some. I will ship out the finished carts in late/end of may.

i just played threw all games (each game for at least 10 Minutes) on these multicarts...and i found 2 games, which are not working with this cartridge-designs.

It's "Pole Position II" and "Dragon Slayer"...both use extra 8kb RAM inside their original cartridges, which is not supported here...

So basically it's a 28in1 Multicart and 3in1 Multicart afterwards...

Teame the games Dragon Slayer, Basic Nyuumon and Pop and Chips all had extended long carts that allowed for a rectangle 9 Volt battery as they utilized a game save chip. Are game saves implemented into your carts of any way? Like NES, Genesis and Gameboy games the SCV games that were battery powered that one save chip 24/7 after you remove it from the system.

Looking at the picture of your carts I see another chip, is that a save chip?

Teame the games Dragon Slayer, Basic Nyuumon and Pop and Chips all had extended long carts that allowed for a rectangle 9 Volt battery as they utilized a game save chip. Are game saves implemented into your carts of any way? Like NES, Genesis and Gameboy games the SCV games that were battery powered that one save chip 24/7 after you remove it from the system.

Looking at the picture of your carts I see another chip, is that a save chip?

NO, the RAM-Chip is not implemented with these carts! So saving is not possible!

Basically as i would need to have one of these cartridges here, to study how the RAM-Chip is integrated/connected into the system. And as it's nearly impossible to get one of those carts, i don't think i will add this feature into these Multicarts any time in the near future.

I integrated a RAM-chip in the design of the SCV-extension for Dragon Multi-cart, because I was thinking, it would be needed for those three games (Dragon Slayer, Basic Nyuumon and Pop&Chips) to store vital game data and therefore to run. Not battery backed-up yet. I probably could still add a lithium battery, if score-saving is the only reason for the RAM-chip (8k of RAM, only for a high score table and some game state? :? ).

But since I do not have the pcbs yet, I still can't confirm, that it will be working as expected. I still did not built the prototype.

Furthermore there'll be two new types of Dragon Multi-Carts:

• the 8-16, playing ROMs 4k/8k/16k (focussing on the real old consoles)
  • and the 16-32, playing ROMs 8k/16k/32k (for old, but not so old consoles)

Those pcbs are in production either.

For SCV 64k- and 128k-ROMs I came up with the same solution, like TeamE, and designed a separate special SCV-cartridge, which only is existing in my PC at the moment. Pole Position making some problems, since I do not find any documentation about that one. Maybe I will do some measurements and find out in the future. I'll keep this cartridge somewhat "open" to be able to add some extra circuitry later.

So this is my plan. :)

I still have to make the prototypes, when I receive my pcbs, do some thorough testing, confirm functionality then built a batch of cartridges.

I'll keep you informed about any major progress, probably in the Multi-Cart section: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242786-multi-cartridge-for-dragoncoco-2-available/page-5

Best regards,

Rolo

• Like 2

i reversed the PS-IO Switchboard for myself, as i needed to use my PS-IO on another PS1 console. As i did not want to wait another 4 weeks for the PS-IO board, i just made one myself! I even did an extended Version (which has a PS1 modchip included on the board).

Played today 5hours with it and it works really nicely.

PS-IO Switchboard (like the original):

sbqkjdv.jpg

Extended Version (including MM3.Modchip): This is not only a clean solution, if you need a modchip inside your PS1, it also saves you two wires to solder...

sbejfjjb.jpg

i have three pieces left, so if anyone needs one, just write me.

Edited by teame
  • Like 1

On the list in the first post, the GBA is missing the EZFlash Omega and the Game Boy / Game Boy Color should have the Everdrive GB X5.

The EZFlash Omega is great. I recently got a Super Game Boy and an EverDrive-GB X5. That's been loads of fun, and that led to getting a DSLite last week. The Omega comes with a cart adapter that lets it fit flush into the DS Lite's GBA slot, and it has simple drag-and-drop ROM support. It's as easy to use as an Everdrive but like half the price. I got mine on Amazon for $50 with 2-day Prime shipping. I also got an EZ Flash Vi for DS games, and it works just as well. Got both the Omega and the Vi yesterday and loaded them up no sweat.

The Omega also has Goomba built in so it can play GB/GBC ROMs. There's also some NES emulator to play NES games, but that's less interesting to me because it either cuts off part of the image or squishes it to fit.

Edited by derFunkenstein
  • Like 1

On the list in the first post, the GBA is missing the EZFlash Omega and the Game Boy / Game Boy Color should have the Everdrive GB X5.

The EZFlash Omega is great. I recently got a Super Game Boy and an EverDrive-GB X5. That's been loads of fun, and that led to getting a DSLite last week. The Omega comes with a cart adapter that lets it fit flush into the DS Lite's GBA slot, and it has simple drag-and-drop ROM support. It's as easy to use as an Everdrive but like half the price. I got mine on Amazon for $50 with 2-day Prime shipping. I also got an EZ Flash Vi for DS games, and it works just as well. Got both the Omega and the Vi yesterday and loaded them up no sweat.

The Omega also has Goomba built in so it can play GB/GBC ROMs. There's also some NES emulator to play NES games, but that's less interesting to me because it either cuts off part of the image or squishes it to fit.

Wow the Omega was still missing? I could have sworn I brought it up sometime last year when I finally snapped one up. The Omega is everything that the Everdrive GBA is, capability, speed, etc and without sticking out like a big toe from your system (really dumb design choice on krikzz part.) The one thing it lacks is as many emulators that are natively installed on the hardware the ed gba has, so if you're just buying it for SMS and PCE stuff, you'll need to make your own, but nes, gb, gbc fire up native in the menu too.

The NES emulator is PocketNES, same makers as Goomba Color.

Don't think this was posted yet, but Kevin Mellott is working on a true multi-cart for the Virtual Boy! It will be the MultiBoy-32.

http://www.mellottsvrpage.com/index.php/multiboy-32/

The initial specifications are listed below:
1. Flash space: 32 slots of 32Mbit RAM via a 1Gbit Flash.
2. RAM space: 256k x 16 SRAM space (8k x 16 per slot) using MRAM (no battery needed).
3. Full 16bit SRAM bus instead of the production 8bit width.
4. On board 32bit microcontroller (MCU) for programming slots.
5. USB input for interfacing and control.
6. Games loaded via SD card slot.
7. On screen game selection themed around my 8bit VB character Do-Do.
8. Arduino compatible MCU (custom firmware development if you’re so inclined).

• Like 1

Concerning SCV-extension for Dragon Multi-cart ....

I'll keep you informed about any major progress, probably in the Multi-Cart section: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242786-multi-cartridge-for-dragoncoco-2-available/page-5

Best regards,

Rolo

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242786-multi-cartridge-for-dragoncoco-2-available/page-5?do=findComment&comment=4269500

I have to ask, is the original topic with the list supposed to be accurate or has it fallen to the side?

I noticed the list for Gameboy specific carts is glaringly garbage, and shockingly there isn't a listing at all in that post for the Nintendo DS.

I was looking to get advised on what would be perhaps the best option for a DS based kit card and it came up blank. I got lucky and picked up a black DSLite today for super cheap and was thinking while I won't collect for it again it would be fun to dabble with a kit for random stuff and emulators.

• 3 weeks later...