IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

8 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

Flash devices for every system I own. Hell yeah! :ahoy:

Will this work with the Game Boy Player ISO? If so I am sold! ?

I am fairly sure it will.  However, you ought to try out Game Boy Interface, which will output 240p with a better picture than the stock 480i the player software did.

https://www.retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

It's funny, the GC is the one don't need an SD solution for since I own all the games I want for it.  Most GC games are cheap (or were anyway, I haven't checked in a few years).

Quite a few still are, but as the years creep up in more recent times a slowly growing selection have gone predatory.  Some are just straight up out of control like a complete Cubivore is over $300 easy.  Glad I never got rid of mine.

First batch of the Saturn Fenrir from Ced is shipping. Next run will be 50 units. Cost is around 80 EUR, very cool. Uses SD card, supports both CCD/IMG and CUE/ISO disc images. Only 20 pin Saturn's are supported currently.

https://www.retrorgb.com/fenrir-sega-saturn-ode-updates.html

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll wait and see.  I already have a mod chipped Saturn and tons of burned Saturn games plus a bunch of real DC discs.   This looks pretty cool, but the price is a little high for me right now considering I can already play all the games I want.  

19 hours ago, Tempest said:

I'll wait and see.  I already have a mod chipped Saturn and tons of burned Saturn games plus a bunch of real DC discs.   This looks pretty cool, but the price is a little high for me right now considering I can already play all the games I want.  

I have a similar setup right now (chipped model 2 Saturn with a folder full of CD-Rs), but I'd rather not rely on an optical drive that could go out at any moment and having a bunch of games on an SD card or USB drive as opposed to a bunch of CD-Rs is very appealing.

Now that my brother's getting out of the Saturn, I have my original system back (an unmodified model 1) and now I'm trying to decide which of my Saturns will get the MODE...

1 hour ago, Gentlegamer said:

Re: TerraOnion

Someone at neogeo.com updated the firmware on his NeoSD Pro and it fubared it, TerraOnion accepted no responsibility

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274221-NEOSD-PRO-The-New-Terranonion-Neo-Geo-Product-March-2018&p=4408013&viewfull=1#post4408013

I read a bit of that Tod said " So I've been looking into the issue with your NeoSD cart and we believe the issue might be a bad connection to the FPGA or some flash chips as it only happens on the sprite layer. "  To me that just sounds like at best the fiirmware update pushed out the flaw that was there but saying the firmware killed it is not right if it was bad firmware I'm sure Tod could have just re-flashed it. The cart is from 2017 you cant expect a life time warranty if it has 12 months its 12 months and its not like its a week out and I'm pretty sure he has updated firmware before so its not like the cart was like that day one.   

• 3 weeks later...