IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Since my M3 Perfect shit the bed, I've been using the EZ IV. It needs to use a loader to patch for saves, but the card works well otherwise. Have used in in DSLite / GBA / GBA Player.

For GBA on DS, the M3DS Real works nicely.

For GB/GBC I've got a 32Mbit Smartboy/USB flasher and ye olde Mr Flash 64M.

@remo: does the EZ IV read clean roms from an sd/mircosd or do the roms need to be processed or patched? or is it just the saves that need to be patched?

same question for the M3DS Real

I have the same for gb/gbc... they seem so clunky to me now that Igor has me spoiled with all these sd based carts :P

@ax: agreed!! that would rock. I think it should be possible but may prove to be an expensive product, I hope Igor tackles the issue and at least considers the possibility of doing an all in one cart if he hasn't already, man that guy is prolific.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

EZ IV has a utility (EZ4_Client) that you must run your clean roms through before writing them to SD. Not ideal, but it's been very little trouble for me.

M3DS Real on DS is straight GBA clean roms, you just need the M3 GBA expansion pack in slot 2.

yeah I hate having to use a utility to load the roms. but it does seem to be one of the only currently available carts that can run on GBA hardware. I think the SueprcardSD is similar but I don't see it for sale anywhere.

i forgot about how the M3DS Real works and actually you can use ANY DS slot 1 flash card as long as you have the expansion slot 2 pack and you use the homebrew program "GBA Exploader" that does work really well. I use that with the Akard2. but again you HAVE to use it on a DS. thanks for the info!!

That red edge connector looks very nice against the charcoal gray, it's a shame that it will be plugged in most of the time, nice color scheme :thumbsup:

Back label test:

post-22510-0-27007600-1308165152_thumb.jpg

Red edge connector area:

post-22510-0-26393300-1308165158_thumb.jpg

Charcoal Gray cart without label:

post-22510-0-42209500-1308165165_thumb.jpg

Printer's label proof:

post-22510-0-61334100-1308165193_thumb.jpg

That looks so amazing :)

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cart looks very nice, Stone. I'll be ordering one pretty soon.

If I may inject a little graphic design constructive criticism, there's so little contrast between the dark purple text & the black background that I absolutely cannot read the text at all on any of those thumbnails.

When I enlarge the image, I can read the "EVERDRIVE" text, but it still takes a little effort to do so.

Thanks,

-Jason

Cart looks very nice, Stone. I'll be ordering one pretty soon.

If I may inject a little graphic design constructive criticism, there's so little contrast between the dark purple text & the black background that I absolutely cannot read the text at all on any of those thumbnails.

When I enlarge the image, I can read the "EVERDRIVE" text, but it still takes a little effort to do so.

Thanks,

-Jason

On the SD cards? That image that I took turned out very blurry, in real life its much easier to read. Probably should just remove that image.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The cart label. It's all very dark. I can't read anything at all on it in the thumbnails.

On the SD card thumbnail, I can read the "64" & nothing else.

I've been a victim of my overly fancy logos in the past, at the expense of people not being able to read them instantly--it's hurt my business in the past...

Thanks,

-Jason

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The cart label. It's all very dark. I can't read anything at all on it in the thumbnails.

On the SD card thumbnail, I can read the "64" & nothing else.

I've been a victim of my overly fancy logos in the past, at the expense of people not being able to read them instantly--it's hurt my business in the past...

Thanks,

-Jason

Hmm weird, looks fine on my monitor. Well if anyone else think they are unreadable by the pictures, in real life that's not an issue.

BTW I am not blowing off your critique, it will be something I consider when I get new labels printed if people find it to be an issue, but right now I have to get through these labels first. I really don't expect people to be able to read the label from across the room or anything though. The N64 labels are actually pretty small width wise.

I think this proves though that a GBA solution is needed and would have a market, I don't think it would be as big as the GB/GBC market which is why i think igor should try to get it all in one cart even if it means it costs a little more.

Hey Mark, thanks for voicing your opinions on wanting a GB/GBC solution. I've been waiting for one myself!

I don't think it is physically possible to have all three types of ROMs just natively working in one cartridge: if I'm not mistaken, the pins themselves are different on the systems, and the only way a GBA "knows" to go into GBC mode is because of the pins it's making contact with. You'd either have to have two different carts or an adapter like the old Bridge.

Personally I think there's more of a need for GB/GBC right now than an all-in-one solution, and I really hope to see one soon. It would be way cool if one could be squeezed into an optional GBA-sized shell too, so we can all walk around carrying nice, flush GBA SPs full of old games. Make it one of the backlit models and you basically have the ultimate Game Boy.

Well it seems Krikzz is taking a break for a while from designing new carts, so I wouldn't expect a GB/GBC cart anytime soon.

He's working on a different project. Its more of a "for fun" project. He's told me what it is and it sounds pretty cool. Its not a flash cart though. I am not sure if he will ever sell it or not, but it should be neat to see. He asked me not to tell anyone what it is though. I am sure he will show it off eventually if he actually gets it working.

• Like 2