IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Well, to be fair, the Everdrive 64 will do everything it was advertised to do, at the time you agreed to the sale. Right? So if additional functionality is added, it's not a dig on the product that YOU agreed to purchase, right?

I have bought too many things as of late, or I would have been "down" with Everdrive 64 at the same time you did. Maybe I'll get a good deal for waiting. On the other hand, you never know when this stuff will cease to be produced. So, you have one more than most people; you still didn't get a bad deal.

Is firmware upgrade something we can do ourselves over the internet or do we have to send the cartridge back?

Firmware updates require a Byte Blaster that can do Active Serial, along with the Quartus programmer software.

Great. So you mean to say that they just sent out my package TWO DAYS BEFORE fixing this issue. So I have to send back my Everdrive 64 as soon as it gets here, pay for shipping there and pay for shipping back????? What a pain in the *$%*. How much does this weird cable and software cost and where can I get it?

I would still like to see a list of N64 roms that use FRAM to see whether its even worth getting heated over or not.

I am not sure if you ordered from me or from someone else. Originally when I started selling the ED64 Igor told me he was not 100% sure if the issue could be fixed without a PCB revision and adding extra costs to board which he was against doing. He kept going back and forth. I knew he was working on the issue, but at first it was not looking good. He was very discouraged. I had no knowledge that this issue was corrected until he messaged me the day he fixed it, once I found out all pending back order customers were contacted and I alerted them I was putting their order on hold and gave them the reason.

If you did order from us we will work on getting you the FW update without any cost or at least very minimal cost to you.

Here is list of games and what save type they have:

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html

Here is cheapest USB Blaster:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508038447571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250803844757&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$12.99 + free shipping. If you have other EverDrives or plan on ordering some of the other ones it may be worth the investment. Igor just posted a tutorial video on updating firmware on his channel here:

Please understand I don't have anything to do with development of the actual board part of the EverDrive. There was no prior knowledge on my part that he was even close to fixing this issue until it was actually done. I talk to Igor almost daily on Skype, but he just had a break through one night.

Honestly I am just happy he got it working on current PCB revision. It could have been worse and had required a new PCB revision to correct.

Is firmware upgrade something we can do ourselves over the internet or do we have to send the cartridge back?

Firmware updates require a Byte Blaster that can do Active Serial, along with the Quartus programmer software.

Great. So you mean to say that they just sent out my package TWO DAYS BEFORE fixing this issue. So I have to send back my Everdrive 64 as soon as it gets here, pay for shipping there and pay for shipping back????? What a pain in the *$%*. How much does this weird cable and software cost and where can I get it?

I would still like to see a list of N64 roms that use FRAM to see whether its even worth getting heated over or not.

I am not sure if you ordered from me or from someone else. Originally when I started selling the ED64 Igor told me he was not 100% sure if the issue could be fixed without a PCB revision and adding extra costs to board which he was against doing. He kept going back and forth. I knew he was working on the issue, but at first it was not looking good. He was very discouraged. I had no knowledge that this issue was corrected until he messaged me the day he fixed it, once I found out all pending back order customers were contacted and I alerted them I was putting their order on hold and gave them the reason.

If you did order from us we will work on getting you the FW update without any cost or at least very minimal cost to you.

Here is list of games and what save type they have:

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508038447571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250803844757&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$12.99 + free shipping. If you have other EverDrives or plan on ordering some of the other ones it may be worth the investment. Igor just posted a tutorial video on updating firmware on his channel here:

Please understand I don't have anything to do with development of the actual board part of the EverDrive. There was no prior knowledge on my part that he was even close to fixing this issue until it was actually done. I talk to Igor almost daily on Skype, but he just had a break through one night.

Honestly I am just happy he got it working on current PCB revision. It could have been worse and had required a new PCB revision to correct.

Oh ok, so it's not like half the library or something like that. That's good to hear. Besides a few sports games, the rest of the games already have good enough reviews for me to know I should buy the real games of those. Megaman 64, Starcraft 64 and the Pokemon games being the only ones I haven't tried personally. I already have Zelda Majora's Mask.

Edited by TheGameCollector

You need the pin header thing he plugs in too. Honestly the $12.99 with free shipping was too cheap not to pick up and I forget where I got the pin header thing but that was only like $10 bucks too. I found the link on his support forum. I have every Everdrive except the ed64 (I reallllly want it only dont because it is out of stock) and seemed like a worthwhile investment to me to get the above items.

You need the pin header thing he plugs in too. Honestly the $12.99 with free shipping was too cheap not to pick up and I forget where I got the pin header thing but that was only like $10 bucks too. I found the link on his support forum. I have every Everdrive except the ed64 (I reallllly want it only dont because it is out of stock) and seemed like a worthwhile investment to me to get the above items.

Oh yes thanks for pointing that out. Yes you will need 10-pin header as well.

64Drive Preorders are now up: http://64drive.retroactive.be/purchase.php

Have these guys ever sold or produced anything before?

AX

The guy who created it I think is best known for some of the portable N64s and maybe other systems he has made into portables. I think this is his first flash cart though.

Yeah looks like its not worth the hassle for just a few games.

Now where do you find that emulator file? My SD card doesn't seem to have it on it. Is there a place I can download it?

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=ed64/emu/

Oh cool, I tried a few of the Mario games and even though it's a little flickery due to being emulation, it doesn't lag and controls quite comfortably on the Nintendo 64. If you've got the Superpad 64 controller, even the thumbstick is quite useable for 2D sidescrollers. While it's not a pure NES experience, it sure is convenient for the Nintendo 64 owner who is also a NES fan. I haven't yet tried emulating any games that use save backup so I am unsure if that is supported or not. The vast majority of NES games don't have one though.

Edited by TheGameCollector

any word on who / when the snes everdrive will be available in the usa? what is the holdup on production?

Should have some on the way. DSP-1 chips don't grow on trees. I have to specifically buy DSP-1 games (there is no DSP-1 game lots to buy so all have to be bought separate), wait for them all to arrive, take them all apart, ship boards to Ukraine, he de-solders from boards, and install in boards, and then ships Super EverDrive boards to me. I try to send about 25 - 50 DSP-1 boards over at a time.

Yes there are non-DSP versions we sell, but they are not close to as popular.

Not to mention ED64 just came out not that long ago and he has been busy with that.

any word on who / when the snes everdrive will be available in the usa? what is the holdup on production?

Should have some on the way. DSP-1 chips don't grow on trees. I have to specifically buy DSP-1 games (there is no DSP-1 game lots to buy so all have to be bought separate), wait for them all to arrive, take them all apart, ship boards to Ukraine, he de-solders from boards, and install in boards, and then ships Super EverDrive boards to me. I try to send about 25 - 50 DSP-1 boards over at a time.

Not to mention ED64 just came out not that long ago and he has been busy with that.

why don't you start a donor cart ordering process. also, why don't you do your own dsp chip installations, etc? that seems crazy that you have to wait for igor to do it

Garsh, 361.png give me a list of good donors, I can start gathering.

AX

why don't you start a donor cart ordering process. also, why don't you do your own dsp chip installations, etc? that seems crazy that you have to wait for igor to do it

Donor cart ordering process? I am unsure what you mean.

As for de-soldering and soldering them myself I just don't have time and Igor has himself and a few other guys that can do it (way faster than I can). It takes me long enough to make carts. I don't think people realize what actually goes into making these carts. Its a very time consuming process, especially when you are 1 person and have other professional obligations. If I had all day to just sit around making EverDrives then I would do as much as I could myself.

I hope to have some SuperEDs in next week sometime. :cool:

"donor cart" means the person who orders the everdrive supplies the cart with the chip on it. but the way you do it, it involves a lot of back and forth mailing between you and Igor which adds a lot of wait time

I would have the customer send igor the cart and then he sends back a finished everdrive. I don't really see what the point of ordering from anyone but Igor directly given what you have told us about the process.

the fact is I DO realize what goes into it and I see ways to improve the process.

"donor cart" means the person who orders the everdrive supplies the cart with the chip on it. but the way you do it, it involves a lot of back and forth mailing between you and Igor which adds a lot of wait time

I would have the customer send igor the cart and then he sends back a finished everdrive. I don't really see what the point of ordering from anyone but Igor directly given what you have told us about the process.

the fact is I DO realize what goes into it and I see ways to improve the process.

What you are talking about only applies to the Super EverDrive Ultimate. The only other cart that currently requires a donor chip is the ED64 which requires 6102s and getting 6102s is much easier than DSP-1 since the majority of N64 games use the 6102, where as only a handful of games use DSP-1 in North America.

I agree there are ways to improve process, but I am unsure how having people mail donor carts to Igor actually simplifies the process at all. I actually think it complicates it more. I have thought of possibly offering incentives to people who sent me donor carts to apply to their Super EverDrive Ultimate purchase. I have actually gone to lengths to make the manufacturing of the Deluxe Editions quicker and easier on myself.

I may end up soldering them in myself someday, just right now I am already very busy. I have been working on getting a brand new SAG website up and running on brand new e-commerce software among other non-SAG related work that I do, so I just don't have time to do it now.

That all being said the DSP-1 chips are only part of the problem, I think his focus has been more on the ED64 and getting the FlashRAM fix working. I do know he does have a guy or two help him do this as well, but I don't know how all that works or how often they work for him. I know he has also been looking into ways to take some of the burden off him as well to help get these out quicker.

I don't mean to be *that guy* (but I usually am that guy). A comment was made several pages back about updating the first post in this thread - the actual list. The OP then proceded to go "Gee whiz, I'll have this awesome wiki page....... someday". With no offense intended or implied, I'd be pretty content with a TXT file listing.

@stoneagegamer: I just think the idea of you having to send carts that you buy to igor and then have him send back carts is time consuming and cumbersome. you add another layer of shipping costs and time to the whole process. if it were not for a few games on the snes like super mario kart, then the dsp1 chip would be superfluous but it really is a must have in my opinion. if you had someone to do the soldering, then people could send you donor carts and you could fulfill each order as they came in.

@stoneagegamer: I just think the idea of you having to send carts that you buy to igor and then have him send back carts is time consuming and cumbersome. you add another layer of shipping costs and time to the whole process. if it were not for a few games on the snes like super mario kart, then the dsp1 chip would be superfluous but it really is a must have in my opinion. if you had someone to do the soldering, then people could send you donor carts and you could fulfill each order as they came in.

I think buying the super everdrive and a copy of mario kart is really the best solution :P