IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Point taken. As I said I was just curious. I don't own a PCE, just TG-16. So I was thinking if TG-16 (w/TurboED) can play PCE games why would I ever need a PCE? (unless it was just for collecting)

What I love about the standard PCE is how tiny the system is. There's just something cool about pulling out this absolutely tiny system, popping in a card and playing a game :) It's truly a shame what NEC did to the system outside Japan. There's no reason the system had to be made so large. It's even more ridiculous with the TurboBooster attached. I still have a soft spot for the TG16 though, since I have fond memories of it as a kid.

I received my Turbo Everdrive today from Krikzz shop. it is beautiful!!

I am curious if anyone knows how to activate the game patching or is it automatic? I could have sworn someone said earlier on in this thread that it could play USA games on a PCE and PCE games on a TG16. I am currently using my PC Engine LT handheld and when I launch Neutopia for USA region it does not work. am I wrong in thinking this can work? or maybe the rom is bad?

also it seems there is no way to save, is that right? I guess I am holding on to my NEO team flash cart after all for the games that do have saves like Neutopia

I am curious if anyone knows how to activate the game patching or is it automatic? I could have sworn someone said earlier on in this thread that it could play USA games on a PCE and PCE games on a TG16. I am currently using my PC Engine LT handheld and when I launch Neutopia for USA region it does not work. am I wrong in thinking this can work? or maybe the rom is bad?

also it seems there is no way to save, is that right? I guess I am holding on to my NEO team flash cart after all for the games that do have saves like Neutopia

Yes, region patching is automatic. I haven't had a chance to try the cart on my PCE yet, as it's currently packed away. No issues playing PCE games on my TurboExpress though.

Saving is not supported on the cart, but that's because there are only a couple games which support saving to the cart itself.

Yes, region patching is automatic. I haven't had a chance to try the cart on my PCE yet, as it's currently packed away. No issues playing PCE games on my TurboExpress though.

Saving is not supported on the cart, but that's because there are only a couple games which support saving to the cart itself.

Just wondering out loud if the Booster Plus might work for that?

Just wondering out loud if the Booster Plus might work for that?

A couple carts save directly to the cart themselves. The other games that support saves do so to the console, which is where the Turobooster Plus would come in to play.

Is there a list of games that save to the cart? How did NEC make those games so tiny and retain that function? Kinda cool.

I am fairly certain Neutopia I & II both have saves. I know you can use a password save but it also has a regular save. can anyone verify this? also didn't Bomberman 93 and 94 have saves on the card? I am pretty sure my Bomberman cart has saves on it... man my memory is shot but I think so....

From what I've read, only Populous saves to the card. The saves for other games that support it are stored either on a Turbo Booster Plus or a Turbo CD (or Duo). The Turbo Booster Plus attachment can't be used for CD games, because it attaches where the CD attachment would.

From what I've read, only Populous saves to the card. The saves for other games that support it are stored either on a Turbo Booster Plus or a Turbo CD (or Duo). The Turbo Booster Plus attachment can't be used for CD games, because it attaches where the CD attachment would.

That is logical. It was one of the only cards with the hump on it (didn't SFII, but for more space?) they must have had a battery in there.

That is logical. It was one of the only cards with the hump on it (didn't SFII, but for more space?) they must have had a battery in there.

Yeah I believe SFII had hump for extra memory needed. I know KRIKzz had to write something specific for the TurboED to work with that game.

To change the topic from the Turbo Everdrive for a moment ...

Can someone confirm what the latest firmware is for the Everdrive GG? I received one a few months ago and it came with FW v3. I'm seeing mention of a FW v9 on Krikzz's forums, but no response from him yet. He doesn't offer firmware downloads on his site, only OS updates.

yeah I just checked, why no firmware updates on many of the newer cards. he has firmware for the MD. what's up with that, at the very lest there should be a changelist doc up so people can keep up on what changes have been made without having to go to the forums

It seems that the thread mentioning firmware v9 for the Everdrive GG was actually in reference to the Everdrive MD. I'm guessing the thread was moved to the wrong section when it was broken up in to sections a while back.

I'm hoping the Everdrive GG will receive a future update to fix compatibility problems with a few games.

The OS downloads are easily found and not the point of the query. I just think having a reference for the firmware, even if it has not changed, would alleviate confusion, so I assume if a given everdrive does not have a link for firmware then that means it has not changed since it shipped.

Firmware hasn't changed for most carts because its very stable. The only carts that really got any firmware updates with EverDrive-MD which was his first and he was learning and the EverDrive64v1. I don't think there has been a firmware update for any other cart. OS updates on the other hand have happened and continue to happen on most carts.