IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Don't feed bad, this fellow is not exactly endeared by the "community." His refusal to share this is flat bizarre. The other guys (DCIO) currently working on their own have said that had he given them a little assistance it would have been very helpful. But he wouldn't respond. It's a hey look what I did, and you'll never get one!

I actually contacted this person a long time ago and told him if he got it working that I would pay him royalties and we would get it manufactured. He didn't even seem that interested in that, which basically would be him doing nothing besides maybe offering support and getting paid. So tell him StoneAgeGamer.com would love to help him distribute this item if he ever finishes it! :)

• Like 1

Don't feed bad, this fellow is not exactly endeared by the "community." His refusal to share this is flat bizarre. The other guys (DCIO) currently working on their own have said that had he given them a little assistance it would have been very helpful. But he wouldn't respond. It's a hey look what I did, and you'll never get one!

Yeah, it's kind of messed up. Why go through that much effort and NOT try to see it through, especially if you could make some coin on the side?

Hi, my name is Juan Felix Mateos and I am an electronics engineer from Spain.

I have developed a burner/dumper + rewritable multigame cartridge for VECTREX consoles.

Its main feature is that the burner/dumper disguises itself as a USB MSD drive (like a pendrive), so you do not need to use any additional software: just drag the ROM file to/from the burner drive (compatible with Windows/Ubuntu/MacOS).

The cartridges can be rewritten thousands of times, and they incluse a Pause button to pause/continue your games.

MVBDMVRMC.png

It is a two-part system: the buner/dumper that you connect through a USB port to your PC, and the rewritable cartridges that you plug in the burner/dumper.

There are two types of cartridges: 4in1 and 16in1:

• 4in1 can hold up to 4 32kb games or up to 2 64kB games.
  • 16in1 can hold up to 16 32kb games or up to 8 64kB games.

You can find more information at: http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/introduction-mvbd-mvmc

I am offering these items through ebay in case anyone is interested:

Burner/dumper:

Cartridges:

Cara_componentes_MVRMC_16in1_small.png

Thanks

I actually contacted this person a long time ago and told him if he got it working that I would pay him royalties and we would get it manufactured. He didn't even seem that interested in that, which basically would be him doing nothing besides maybe offering support and getting paid. So tell him StoneAgeGamer.com would love to help him distribute this item if he ever finishes it! :)

Thanks for giving that a try - - and your webstore is amazing, too, by the way, thanks for that as well!

You are probably aware of the "competing" project under development (unfair to call it competition, since it's actually the best and most likely game in town), but if not, here's the most recent post on the development forum - -

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?39733-quot-Let-s-make-GD-ROM-emulation-happen-quot-Facebook-group&goto=newpost

They are moving rapidly forward! Having you as a distributor would be amazing, and guarantee a high level of reliability - - if they were interested in it, that is! While a very friendly group so far, and open about progress, it still does have a slight "scene" feel to it.

In the end, I don't care where it comes from, I just want sweet, sweet Dreamcast gameplay without the GD-ROM grinding away in the background. I have lost count on the number of drives I have replaced on various DC units and lasers I have recalibrated . . .

-a2a

Edited by atari2atari

Nice!, my big brag this week is I bought the cart for the old computers Amiga 500, it gives you CF and extra RAM, it basically gives you what all the 600 and 1200 user have been doing these past few years for less than what it costs to actually buy JUST buy an Amiga 600 or 1200, finally an easy and very well made device for the A500. I've purchased some cool C64 stuff from that same store, they are very reliable and quick to respond to emails. http://www.vesalia.de/

I also got the TI99/4A CF solution, same deal, gives you multiple emulated floppy drives and a host of features, both of these devices I lerned about here so THANKS for this thread and all the great posters who keep their ear to the ground on this stuff. This store was difficult because it is all in French I think it was, been a while since I ordered it but it was the first to arrive today, still waiting on the A500 device but it should arrive soon.

I will show pics when I can, it will be a while before I pull those beasts out and have some fun, need to de-clutter dining room lol

now I really hope the PSIO guys get their shit together sooner than later. the access to the first demos to donators was promised a while ago and that date has come and gone, I have tons of patience but I wish they would update more, even if to say nothing has progressed or "we're sorry we could not meet the deadline and it looks like we won't be doing that after all, but thanks for the donations... that whole stick and carrot thing really works!!!" et al [i'm just being grumpy now, excuse me, but still happy about the rest, cheers!]

thanks guys!!

MW

Remo: that is VERY interesting, there were some multi device floppy emulators out for a while but you had to put them in your PC to use them, this looks much easier, also I have the catweasel IV which also does great things for the C64 [dual sid chip slots] and a host of floppy emulation for various devices but again, you have to install it in your PCI PC...

this new floppy emu looks like it could be great, please let us know if you hear if it goes on sale anywhere, my guess is based on other similar floppy emulators it will be $100 or more, but who knows, if it is just A500 specific maybe it will be less

Mark

this new floppy emu looks like it could be great, please let us know if you hear if it goes on sale anywhere, my guess is based on other similar floppy emulators it will be $100 or more, but who knows, if it is just A500 specific maybe it will be less

I doubt the author is going to sell any devices specifically. You can get the new ARM code from his site, and the Gotek emulator is about $30.

ahh so it does use pre-exiting floppy emu hardware is that it? at $30 though, when I got mine for use in my SNES DR-Backup device [the bung one] it was about $75 at the time... and that was the cheapest I could find,. this was a number of years ago now... or have I completely missed the point? I'm not familiar with "Gotek" I just assumed from the context of your post it is one of those generic floppy emulators that come in a little plastic box...

where do you buy the Gotek? [for that price]

additionally, how do you add the code? do you need any special hardware to connect it to flash the chips on the gotek or anything? or is it done all through software?

forgive my constant ignorance ...

ahh so it does use pre-exiting floppy emu hardware is that it? at $30 though, when I got mine for use in my SNES DR-Backup device [the bung one] it was about $75 at the time... and that was the cheapest I could find,. this was a number of years ago now... or have I completely missed the point? I'm not familiar with "Gotek" I just assumed from the context of your post it is one of those generic floppy emulators that come in a little plastic box...

Yes exactly, you are basically taking an off the shelf PC USB floppy emulator (the Gotek in this case) and modifying it with the new ARM code provided by the author.

where do you buy the Gotek? [for that price]

additionally, how do you add the code? do you need any special hardware to connect it to flash the chips on the gotek or anything? or is it done all through software?

The author's page has a direct ebay link in the 'WHERE TO GET THIS EMULATOR' section, I ordered two from that ebay seller myself and have received them.

Yes, to reprogram the device you will need a serial RS232<>3.3V TTL adapter or USB to serial cable as described in the 'OK I HAVE THE EMULATOR, HOW TO "TRANSFORM" IT ?' section of the page, and some very minimal wiring/soldering skills to attach it.

Sorry to interrupt but, I have a question..

I bought an Everdrive N8 board and a Gyromite 5-screw cart shell to stick it in. Has anyone tried using any unlicensed carts from AVE,etc? I dont see any clear cart shells on Retrousb.com or else id just get one of those.. If so, any pics of your carts? Im dying my case and will post pics when done..

thanx Remo, I actually have that adaptor and even a latop with an actual serial port... this sounds great as a combo for the other gadget since it is so cheap

thanks for the info, I've been so busy I can barely look up my own address let alone start searching for stuff and it sounds like the author has made it very easy to find and implement the info, but thank you for bringing it here, always very helpful.

I may try this when I get some time to order the gotek

cheers

MW

You guys may have noticed jfmateos post about a new Vectrex multicart roughly 10 posts up. He has expanded upon his flash cart system and created a Watara Supervision multicart. You can use the existing MVBD USB cart burner with the MWRMC 8 in 1 Watara Supervision cart. To my knowledge this is the first flash/multicart solution for the Watara Supervision. Visit the AA link below for more info and Ebay links!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223165-watara-vectrex-flash-cart-rewritable-multigame-cartridge-available/

I posted a beta port of the VecMulti's MenuMaker for the Mac. It can be found in my Vectrex blog entries.

I'm porting it using Lazarus, so it should be an easy recompile for somebody to release a Linux version, PowerPC Mac version, or even back to Windows.

Edited by SpiceWare

• 2 weeks later...

For those who would rather order the Deluxe Edition from Stone Age Gamer, preorders begin on March 29th (today or tomorrow for us late nighters) at 12:00 pm EST. You can order either the Deluxe edition or the board-only version. If you get the Deluxe, you pay the board-only price now and pay the Deluxe edition premium at a later point in time.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-gb-preorder.html

Thanks for the heads up, goldenegg!

looks like all the Everdrive GBs got grabbed up, any idea on when new stock will be available at either store? SAG or RG?

[no I don't want to pre-order] I usually buy from retrogate, but I certainly have thrown my business to stoneage gamer but I'm no as interested in he deluxe carts on a lot of the units. looks like based on past experience it will be a couple months before you can just buy them at will

• Like 1

looks like all the Everdrive GBs got grabbed up, any idea on when new stock will be available at either store? SAG or RG?

[no I don't want to pre-order] I usually buy from retrogate, but I certainly have thrown my business to stoneage gamer but I'm no as interested in he deluxe carts on a lot of the units. looks like based on past experience it will be a couple months before you can just buy them at will

KRIKzz doesn't wait for me to receive boards before he lists his for sale, so I am kind of forced to take a pre-order for the 2 to 3 weeks I wait for my boards to start arriving from Ukraine. Once they arrive, board only will ship.

If you go to my site's ED-GB pre-order you have an option, board only or wait for Deluxe. If you don't want to Deluxe then selecting the board only means that once the boards arrive in stock we will begin to ship those orders. Our board only also come with a free label.

You are correct if you don't want to order from me, my guess is you might be waiting a little awhile because if all of KRIKzz's have sold that means the ~25 we have left for pre-order are probably the only ones still available for purchase at this time.

Hi, my name is Juan Felix Mateos and I am an electronics engineer from Spain.

I have developed a burner/dumper + rewritable multigame cartridge for VECTREX consoles.

Its main feature is that the burner/dumper disguises itself as a USB MSD drive (like a pendrive), so you do not need to use any additional software: just drag the ROM file to/from the burner drive (compatible with Windows/Ubuntu/MacOS).

The cartridges can be rewritten thousands of times, and they incluse a Pause button to pause/continue your games.

MVBDMVRMC.png

It is a two-part system: the buner/dumper that you connect through a USB port to your PC, and the rewritable cartridges that you plug in the burner/dumper.

There are two types of cartridges: 4in1 and 16in1:

• 4in1 can hold up to 4 32kb games or up to 2 64kB games.
  • 16in1 can hold up to 16 32kb games or up to 8 64kB games.

You can find more information at: http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/introduction-mvbd-mvmc

I am offering these items through ebay in case anyone is interested:

Burner/dumper:

Cartridges:

Cara_componentes_MVRMC_16in1_small.png

Thanks

I received one today, the 8 in 1 version (not mentionned here) for Supervision and Vectrex, and it works just fine on the Supervision. Plus you can fit it into a regular Supervision shell, which is always a good thing.

Edited by CatPix

thanx Remo, I actually have that adaptor and even a latop with an actual serial port... this sounds great as a combo for the other gadget since it is so cheap

Yep, works fine...

Doesn't yet support a Kickstart image, but I just built a cable that routes DS0 to either the internal floppy or the GOTEK with a little DPST switch. (Not my idea; a guy on EAB suggested it)

Works great.

I power up, insert a real floppy for the kickstart. When I get the 1.3 "Insert Disk" screen, I make sure the GOTEK is on the disk I want (or 000 for the menu) and flip the switch. The GOTEK takes over and loads..

I'm sure kickstart support will be added, so I won't have to do that, but it will be nice to be able to flip back to the floppy without major issues if I want to use a real floppy.

dseiv

Edited by desiv