IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Well, after loading up my 8GB card, I've noticed that the lag times for my Everdrive MD are quite noticeable compared to my other multicarts. When I say lag, I mean from the time I press A on the pad to the time the game loads up...it's not instantaneous like on my NES PowerPak. On average, about three seconds?

That said, this is my first foray into 16 bit carts, so I guess that's to be expected? Works great, however, and I like the quick access to the menus. I've already found a game that doesn't work quite right (SMS Alien Syndrome, dude always moves to the left! I hear you have to use the original controller on some of the SMS games), but overall it does what I wanted it to do.

Quick question as I don't think I'll get a quick answer from Igor, but my cart came in a beat up looking donor shell. The front half is tolerable, but the rear is pretty scratched up. I was thinking about swapping it out for one of my nicer looking carts, but does the everdrive card require special shells? I know the Harmony cart is like that. But if I could swap out the back shell, it would make things much better cosmetically speaking. I would have thought $15 would have gotten a new shell, like the one I got with the Super Everdrive (looks great, haven't tried it out yet as I haven't soldered in the DSP chip...by the way, will the cart work for some games without that chip? So many questions, lol).

Thanks for any help, guys.

Edited by atarilovesyou

I believe I have V3. I just got it in the mail last week. Last night I tried it out after downloading the mdos file, and I started up a game. It worked fine; this morning, now I'm getting freezing. Sometimes the I can't get past the intro license screen, the furthest I could get was into NHL Hockey 94, but as soon as the puck hit the ice the video freezes. The sound keeps going. I'm now trying to troubleshoot the machine as well...do these problems sound like something others have experienced with the Everdrive?

The menu works no problem at all. But, from the retrogate website, the only file for mdos was for V1. I can't seem to locate anything else. Is there a specific file for the V3? I'm looking under the OS update tab for downloads. I hope that's the problem, as I don't want to have to send this back.

Edited by atarilovesyou
  • Like 1

Well, after loading up my 8GB card, I've noticed that the lag times for my Everdrive MD are quite noticeable compared to my other multicarts. When I say lag, I mean from the time I press A on the pad to the time the game loads up...it's not instantaneous like on my NES PowerPak. On average, about three seconds?

That said, this is my first foray into 16 bit carts, so I guess that's to be expected? Works great, however, and I like the quick access to the menus. I've already found a game that doesn't work quite right (SMS Alien Syndrome, dude always moves to the left! I hear you have to use the original controller on some of the SMS games), but overall it does what I wanted it to do.

It is normal, when you select a game you are effectively loading it into onboard memory which takes a few seconds. This is why if you reset or remove the Everdrive you are able to continue with the exact same game, effectively the cart becomes that game until you select and load a new title from the list.

• Like 1

But I think that the site.....

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=edmd-v3%2FOS%2Fv1

.....means that its V1 of the OS **for** Everdrive V3. Because there are no downloads of the OS for Everdrive V1; it couldn't be updated from SD card. There is a "legacy downloads for Everdrive V2" section, but no V1 section because it wasn't possible.

One last quick question before I head over to Krikzz site:

I thought that I needed to install a DSP 1 chip into my Super Everdrive for it to function, but I just tried it out and a fair amount of games worked (Mortal Kombat 2, Zombies Ate my Neighbours)...but Super Mario Kart didn't.

Is the DSP chip a 'must have', or just 'nice to have' if you want to place the carts that rely on that particular chip? Could I put in other chips that Nintendo released, or is it DSP 1 compatible only? And is there a list of games that require the DSP to play, just to get an idea? I won't bother if I can play the majority of games, but if Mario Kart doesn't work...out comes the soldering iron :D I've got a Bases Loaded 2 cart ready to donate its chip.

Any advice? PS, I'm having no issues with the Super Everdrive, although the first time I powered it on it just went black...but just removed it and put it back in, now it's working fine. Games as well, but didn't play for longer than 10 minutes. I did notice the load times were even longer than the Everdrive MD, but I don't mind. I ended up using a couple of 4GB SD cards and they're working well.

One last quick question before I head over to Krikzz site:

I don't know much about this stuff, but I think that the DSP-1 is the only one that the cart will take.

Here is a post......

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?31826-snes-everdrive-dsp1-assistance&p=479804&viewfull=1#post479804

.....on another forum about adding the DSP-1 chip. It seems to indicate that - at the time - there was a little more to it, like a clock generator. But keep in mind that the post is 3 years old; the Super Everdrive may have been updated to a new version since then, so it could be different now....or maybe not. Some technical wizard needs to chime in, here.

According to this page....

http://tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3068&sid=f76b662da131c44850e4601748d519c5

....the list of games that need the DSP-1 is this:

Aim for the Ace Tennis (J)

Armored Trooper Votoms (J)

Ballz 3D (J)

Ballz 3D (US)

Battle Racers (J)

Drift King Shuto Kou Battle 2 (J)

Final Stretch (J)

Hashiriya - Rider's Spirit (J)

Korean League (K)

Lock-On (US)

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge (J)

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge (US)

Pilot Wings (E) (DSP1 LoRom)

Pilot Wings (J) (DSP1 LoRom)

Pilot Wings (US) (DSP1 LoRom)

Super Air Diver (J)

Super Air Diver (E) (No Good Dump Known)

Super Air Diver 2 (J)

Super 3D Baseball (J)

Syutoko Battle Racing 94' (J)

Syutoko Battle Racing 2 (J)

Super Bases Loaded 2 (US) (DSP1 A LoRom)

Super F1 Circus Gaiden (J) (22655)

Super F1 Circus Gaiden (J) (21859)

Super Mario Kart (J)

Super Mario Kart (E)

Super Mario Kart (US)

Suzuka 8 Hours (J)

Suzuka 8 Hours (US)

• Like 1

3 Seconds? :lol: If you think thats a long time, do not get the N64 Everdrive.

8 Bit NES games are far smaller than 16 Bit Megadrive games, so will take longer to load.

As for SNES Special Chips games there is link to a full list of these on the first post on this thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips

The cart will only work with DSP1. The more expensive SD2SNES supports most enhancement chips through emulation of the special chips.

I just got a Everdrive-GB. Was surprised the cart comes in a case. Does anyone know if the Super Game Boy Commander will work on an American SNES? I know USA SNES Controllers are wired differently to controlers for SNES from other regions (effectively region locking controllers!).

Also anyone know what Krikzz is working on next (if anything)?

• Like 2

I don't know much about this stuff, but I think that the DSP-1 is the only one that the cart will take.

Here is a post......

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?31826-snes-everdrive-dsp1-assistance&p=479804&viewfull=1#post479804

.....on another forum about adding the DSP-1 chip. It seems to indicate that - at the time - there was a little more to it, like a clock generator. But keep in mind that the post is 3 years old; the Super Everdrive may have been updated to a new version since then, so it could be different now....or maybe not. Some technical wizard needs to chime in, here.

According to this page....

http://tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3068&sid=f76b662da131c44850e4601748d519c5

....the list of games that need the DSP-1 is this:

Aim for the Ace Tennis (J)

Armored Trooper Votoms (J)

Ballz 3D (J)

Ballz 3D (US)

Battle Racers (J)

Drift King Shuto Kou Battle 2 (J)

Final Stretch (J)

Hashiriya - Rider's Spirit (J)

Korean League (K)

Lock-On (US)

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge (J)

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge (US)

Pilot Wings (E) (DSP1 LoRom)

Pilot Wings (J) (DSP1 LoRom)

Pilot Wings (US) (DSP1 LoRom)

Super Air Diver (J)

Super Air Diver (E) (No Good Dump Known)

Super Air Diver 2 (J)

Super 3D Baseball (J)

Syutoko Battle Racing 94' (J)

Syutoko Battle Racing 2 (J)

Super Bases Loaded 2 (US) (DSP1 A LoRom)

Super F1 Circus Gaiden (J) (22655)

Super F1 Circus Gaiden (J) (21859)

Super Mario Kart (J)

Super Mario Kart (E)

Super Mario Kart (US)

Suzuka 8 Hours (J)

Suzuka 8 Hours (US)

When I saw that list, I read that you could get a DSP chip out of them...but I didn't realize that these were the only carts that require said chip! :D Learnin' all the time, I tells ya. I'm not sure if the hassle is worth it, I can always find a couple loose carts for MK and PW. The others aren't anything I'd really play. Thanks for the info! I'll hang onto my Super Bases Loaded 2 if I feel like a project in the future, but for now I'm happy with the functionality of the Super Everdrive as is.

How much are those Super Gameboy commanders worth? I have one, but since I have a Gamecube+GBA Player+ Hori pad, I was thinking of selling mine...

I paid about $45 for NIB, including shipping from Japan. They're not nearly as expensive to get as the Gamecube/GBA Hori pad.

He's working on an updated version of the Everdrive 64.

I read what he was updating, wasn't enough to think about upgrading from the one I have now.

Really? Good to know. I guess I'll hold off on buying one for now. Any idea what he's updating on it?

EverDrive64 v3 will be to the EverDrive64 v2 will be what the Mega EverDrive is to the EverDrive-MD. The v2 will still be made, the v3 will be a much more expensive and high-end version. I don't think he should call it the v3 because it will confuse people and make them think the v2 is a deprecated product. Should have probably just called it EverDrive64 "Pro" or something to signify its actually a different product and not a continuation of the current EverDrive64 product line.

• Like 2

EverDrive64 v3 will be to the EverDrive64 v2 will be what the Mega EverDrive is to the EverDrive-MD. The v2 will still be made, the v3 will be a much more expensive and high-end version. I don't think he should call it the v3 because it will confuse people and make them think the v2 is a deprecated product. Should have probably just called it EverDrive64 "Pro" or something to signify its actually a different product and not a continuation of the current EverDrive64 product line.

So can someone explain to me how the game saving works on the current version? The v3 specs mentioned something about not needing to reset the system to save the memory.

So can someone explain to me how the game saving works on the current version? The v3 specs mentioned something about not needing to reset the system to save the memory.

Basically to save a game on current version you need to hit the reset button on the N64 system for the save to take affect. v3 you would not have to do this, you could just save your game and then shut down system.

Basically to save a game on current version you need to hit the reset button on the N64 system for the save to take affect. v3 you would not have to do this, you could just save your game and then shut down system.

So if you save a game you have to reset it? That could get annoying fast if you just want to save and continue on.