IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Personally - I think everyone has the right to think whatever they like, so if someone has a problem with DK then it's simple - just don't buy the product, however if you sign up for the product you are agreeing with the terms and conditions laid out - no point in moaning about it afterwards because you have already AGREED!

What I do disagree with though is airing private communications publicly - it could sway others, I say let people make up their own minds.

Also it can be seen as rather sad - "throwing toys out the pram" springs to mind, has society degraded so much that whenever anyone says something disagreeable to another they then have to cry about it to the world? Jeez we're all adults - deal with it privately and if no resolution then just don't buy - not difficult eh?

I have actually agreed with DK-Nute on nearly all his points in response to Mark and Johnny; however, his wording is extraordinarily combative. For instance, he opens an email to Johnny with "You people just don't know when to quit, do you. Well, let's get on with it then." Private email or not, when you clearly want to fight with someone, that someone is going to post that on the internet. His English written skills are extremely good, so this is not something "lost in translation." He has taken to reposting the arguments on his own blog, which is equally unflattering. And now his fans have come here to battle. DK's communication has been poor, even though his product seems to be well done. I may even consider it on the next pre-order. His Saturn and PCE-CD projects are really of interest to me.

Given that this is a tremendous thread for keeping track of ALL flash cart solutions, I would plead with our moderators that we don't have a war over one project soil it.

PS: For those who are not enamored with Deunan, the PSIO team is still working on that unit, and plan to offer a Dreamcast solution, and Sega Saturn eventually.

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 3

People can sit here and talk shit about me all they want. I don't really give a fuck either way. I'm used to it.

I simply offered my feedback on the device as options he can add, tried to smooth things over since his attitude was that ALL of us were guilty when we weren't, offered to give tech support as a compromise since he seemed aggravated with that and I know what it's like being hassled for tech support when you're knee deep in a project(to the point that I work on my repairs or mods at night so I'm not bothered and take tech calls during the day), and pointed him in the direction of Krikzz and comradesnarky who's combined experience can help figure out the troubles he even said that he has had on his site.

But, I got instead one of the NASTIEST replies I ever got and blasted on his front page. I tried to be the voice of reason like I usually try to be as well as sticking up for a community who's been through thick and thin with me for the past twelve years, but it backfired and I apologize to everyone here because I know he will never do it to you. I'm the bigger man. I said my piece, I shared what happened, and I just hope people take that into consideration when dealing with him. If you still want to deal with him after this, then that's your prerogative and I will not stop you. I won't tell you so when it blows up in your face either. Instead, I will try and help to the best of my abilities. If in that time, Deunan can grow and learn to be patient with others and learn to compromise because after all, the customer is paying your bills, then I will still be here with my hand out for a shake as he does have a product will potential. I will NEVER argue against that. I just think that his lack of social skills and his stubbornness to see any issue, is going to kill it and I just don't want to see that happen.

This is the last thing I will write on it. The other post was going to be, but since new members want to come and trash this place, I feel the need to explain one final time so they can get it.

Let me say one more thing. If you want to be actual members and contribute to this great community, then by all means welcome. If you just come here to bash us, then get the hell out and go somewhere else. We don't need negativity here just because you feel that Deunan is a God. There only ONE God that I know of and he was able to heal the sick and walk on water.

Mods, I'm done with this topic and I'm sure others are to. If we would please, let's move on and talk about something else.

Hell, I'll start. Any US distributors anyone know of for that 3DO IDE mod? Most importantly, is the one for the front loading units ready yet?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Hell, I'll start. Any US distributors anyone know of for that 3DO IDE mod? Most importantly, is the one for the front loading units ready yet?

StoneAgeGamer has the 3DO USB mods. The FZ-1 is not available, but the Goldstar and FZ-10 are. You can see them here, http://www.stoneagegamer.com/more.../3do/3do-systems-accessories/

StoneAgeGamer has the 3DO USB mods. The FZ-1 is not available, but the Goldstar and FZ-10 are. You can see them here, http://www.stoneagegamer.com/more.../3do/3do-systems-accessories/

Thanks man! Although seeing the prices, I might have to save quite a bit. I just dropped $150 on the upcoming Halloween Blu-Ray set and another $50 for the two Ghostbusters LP's I wasn't able to get during Record Store Day(one for me, one for my friend's birthday in August that the album drops near), so I'm tapped.

For those who want one, the GDEMU pre-orders are now open again. I just noticed that I have a V2 board in my system, so it looks like I'll have to buy another for this mod.

EDIT:

Looks like pre-orders filled up in less than 12 hours. Thankfully I got mine in on time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

32mb Intellivision Flash Cartridge Announced By Left Turn Only

You've got to love flash cartridges. To be able to contain the entire software library of a single console on one cartridge is nothing short of incredible. Intellivision owners can now also enjoy this privilege thanks to the soon-to-be-released Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card.

This brand new cartridge for the Intellivision using all new parts is a USB enabled device featuring a spacious (by Intellivision standards) 32mb of storage space. Once titles are loaded onto the device, gamers will be able to access the software of their choice using an on-screen menu.

The Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card is intended as an easy to use solution for gamers wanting to further enjoy the three and a half decade old console. Coming bundled with software to write to the device, gamers can do away with fiddly setups and additional hardware - simply plug and play.

The Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card is due to make its début at the North American Classic Gaming Expo, shortly before arriving online with the price tag of $119.

Source:
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/32mb-intellivision-flash-cartridge-announced-by-left-turn-only.html

• Like 1

32mb Intellivision Flash Cartridge Announced By Left Turn Only

You've got to love flash cartridges. To be able to contain the entire software library of a single console on one cartridge is nothing short of incredible. Intellivision owners can now also enjoy this privilege thanks to the soon-to-be-released Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card.

This brand new cartridge for the Intellivision using all new parts is a USB enabled device featuring a spacious (by Intellivision standards) 32mb of storage space. Once titles are loaded onto the device, gamers will be able to access the software of their choice using an on-screen menu.

The Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card is intended as an easy to use solution for gamers wanting to further enjoy the three and a half decade old console. Coming bundled with software to write to the device, gamers can do away with fiddly setups and additional hardware - simply plug and play.

The Left Turn Only Intellivision Flash Card is due to make its début at the North American Classic Gaming Expo, shortly before arriving online with the price tag of $119.

Source:

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/32mb-intellivision-flash-cartridge-announced-by-left-turn-only.html

Yessssssss finally!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to save money and focus on getting these flashcarts and multicarts as well as re-buying systems I've sold so I can play these things. I should probably buy more shelving to put the things on first though. There just seems to be things that you have to get "right now" or access to purchasing them disappears. Mainly with the multicarts pre-loaded with games.

What I like about SAG and KirkZZ is that they keep production and sales of the items going as needed. I can save up or buy more important things first before worrying about them and there's bound to be a better version available by the time I can afford them.

So far here's what I got:

Emerson Arcadia 2001 Multicart by 5-11Under

Bally Astrocade Multicart by Kenzre (just ordered it)

NES Powerpak

SNES Powerpak

Everdrive MD

Everdrive 64 Version 1

64MB USB Smart Card for Game Boy [won't work on games with battery. probably needs its battery replaced. I plan to get a GB Everdrive to replace it]

EZ Flash IV for GBA [the menus on this thing suck and I can't tell what I'm doing as far as game saves go. It looks to me like it will only hold saves from 1 game at a time?]

R4i for DS

Some of my existing items have better alternatives now. But I think on SNES I ought to hold out until SuperFX becomes emulated on the SD2SNES. The Powerpak is working great for NES so it is one I could probably upgrade later. Game Boy is in dire need of being upgraded to Everdrive and I don't even have the Game Gear Everdrive yet. I need to get a Turbo Everdrive and an actual TurboGrafx-16 system. I don't know of any better solution to Game Boy Advance yet, other than emulating on PSP Go. If only I could understand how the save menu works and stop overwriting saves from one game with saves from another, or failing to load the save when I start the game. Whatever the issue is.

The Everdrive 64 I heard needs to be upgraded to V2 to gain more compatibility but that's on my back burner because I already paid a lot for the first one and I'm like what if a V3 comes out? Then I have to pay shipping yet again. So I think that will happen after buying Everdrive N8.

Then Atariage has the links to buying multicarts and flash carts for the Atari systems. Those will probably still be available for a good while I guess.

For all the other pre-NES non-Atari systems I don't intend to re-buy any of them until I score a multi or flash cart for them unless I happen upon a bunch of games in the wild.

• Like 2

Oh you know what would be really cool? A mod similar to the 3DO for Neo Geo CD! A way to also load the AES/MVS roms could probably also be figured out and load times probably would be fixed on ISOs of the disc format games. It would be cheaper than buying an AES + a multicart. Cheaper to produce than a flash cart.

That would be amazing, but I don't know that regular roms can be played off of the Neo Geo CD. I would still be interested in one if the ROMs can't be used, especially if the load times are fixed.

I'm on my CDZ like "T-T-T-Today, Junior!"

• Like 1

That would be amazing, but I don't know that regular roms can be played off of the Neo Geo CD. I would still be interested in one if the ROMs can't be used, especially if the load times are fixed.

I'm on my CDZ like "T-T-T-Today, Junior!"

I think Furrtek is working on this kind of stuff. Not sure it would skip the loading times tho, but we'll see. He's busy as hell.

So, it seems like there is also a Watara Supervision flashcart, but it's not listed here (first post)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223165-watara-vectrex-flash-cart-rewritable-multigame-cartridge-available/

There's a lot of stuff thats now missing from the first two posts, but if you start browsing the pages backwards until you notice carts which are on those first two posts. I know I have posted about quite a few new devices which are not on those two posts (not even the Everdrive GB is listed!) which will probably have been missed or lost as a result. It says last updated July, but I know I have posted about devices before then which have not been added.

• Like 1

I agree with how flash carts have made old school gaming more convenient. I collect game copiers still. I would love a more modern Atari Jaguar flash cart

I can't see there ever being a new flashcart being released for the Jaguar, as all the Jaguar fanboys will create a scene about it like they did last time such a thing was suggested. I think there has been a bypass cart released which allows you to play homebrew games on CD using the toilet add on, but am not sure if that works with commerical CD releases, as from what has been posted does not make it clear and seems they are discouraging any use with commerical games.

Oh you know what would be really cool? A mod similar to the 3DO for Neo Geo CD! A way to also load the AES/MVS roms could probably also be figured out and load times probably would be fixed on ISOs of the disc format games. It would be cheaper than buying an AES + a multicart. Cheaper to produce than a flash cart.

Neo Geo CD would be good, but I am guessing Sega Saturn and perhaps even Sega CD and Gamecube might come before that (being more popular).

I'd like to see a device for the TurboDuo (and perhaps other PC Engine CD derivatives) and Amiga CD32.

Perhaps less popular would be devices for the Philips CDI, FM Towns Marty and Bandai Pippin (if Kinka 1.0 allows it).

I think this has been posted about, but it now looks like the GDEMU is obsolete and the Russian USB-GDROM Controller has been released with 8 units currently available to purchase.

http://renovation-3do.narod.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

Not too long ago a mass storage solution arrived on the Sega Dreamcast, replacing the console's internal disc drive. As fantastic as the GDEMU is, it would appear a much more advanced alternative has hit the scene via Russia - the USB-GDROM Controller.

This new disc drive replacement is the latest creation of MNEMO, the brains behind the Panasonic 3DO USB-Host - a similar device which allows you to boot games from USB storage such as flash drives. The USB-GDROM Controller for the Sega Dreamcast works in a near identical fashion to its 3DO sibling, allowing retro gamers to access game ISOs from USB storage through a system menu.

The aforementioned GDEMU now appears to be sadly outdated in terms of functionality, as this new offering from MNEMO casts aside the limited space available in SD cards in favourite of USB storage up to 2TB. Furthermore, the fiddly way of switching between games on the GDEMU has been eclipsed by the USB-GDROM Controller's built in menu system, allowing you to browse your selection of ISOs on the attached storage.

Several videos of this all new Dreamcast DIY modification have been uploaded to YouTube by its creator, leaving plenty of promise for those interested. At the time of writing though, it would appear only eight USB-GDROM Controllers have been built - all of which will no doubt have been snapped up by now. A new run of boards are expected to arrive in the near future, each set to cost around €130.

Source: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/usb-gdrom-controller-sega-dreamcast-gets-another-disc-drive-replacement-allowing-up-to-2tb-of-game-storage.html

Not sure I would go so far as to say the GDEMU is obsolete now. This new one by MNEMO has some nice features like the menu and usb. It looks like it can only load gdi images though where the gdemu can load gdi, cdi, and iso. Maybe MNEMO will come out with some updates though.

Edited by mickcris

There's a lot of stuff thats now missing from the first two posts, but if you start browsing the pages backwards until you notice carts which are on those first two posts. I know I have posted about quite a few new devices which are not on those two posts (not even the Everdrive GB is listed!) which will probably have been missed or lost as a result. It says last updated July, but I know I have posted about devices before then which have not been added.

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Maybe there should be some special menu at the left side of the homepage (maybe under community) where it says "Flashcart List" or so?

So this can be always up to date to prevent confusing people like me :P