IGNORED

Fixing a Sega Genesis controller

Almost alll controllers I've messed with use a #1 Phillips driver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one with that weird Torque with the pin in the middle bit though (no I dea what that's called...though i took a traditional torque bit and drilled a hole in it for that purpose)

I wouldn't be surprised to see one with that weird Torque with the pin in the middle bit though (no I dea what that's called...though i took a traditional torque bit and drilled a hole in it for that purpose)

I've seen that called "security Torx" and "tamper proof Torx". That musta been a soft bit to be able to drill a hole in it.

Got any pawnshops or thriftstores in your area? Sega controllers seem to breed like rats.

There are 3 Thift stores in my area:

They are Savers, Goodwill and The Salvation Army.

There are 1 pawn shop.

Wow, and no Genesis controllers there either? Maybe hit some yard sales? I see them almost every week. Heck, you should be able to pick up a whole Genesis system and 2 controllers and a few games for well under $10 most of the time.

Wow, and no Genesis controllers there either? Maybe hit some yard sales? I see them almost every week. Heck, you should be able to pick up a whole Genesis system and 2 controllers and a few games for well under $10 most of the time.

I never been to any pawn shops or thrift stores in my area. I have a Genesis Model 3 unless I want to get a older model to play Sega 32X or Sega CD.

Yeah, I don't know where everybody else lives, but around here, if it's pre PSX, no pawn shops etc carry anything anymore. When we had Unks, it caried everything. even old pre atari stuff.

I've seen that called "security Torx" and "tamper proof Torx". That musta been a soft bit to be able to drill a hole in it.

Yeah, most torx are cheapo's anyways (the drivers, I mean, not the screws themselves), but I actually drilled the hole with a high speed metal cutting Drehmel bit. It worked for me.

Edited by Video