IGNORED

What's your rarest find in the wild?

shadow460

Well I was trying to think.. I guess..

I got a Turbo Grafx 16 and 20 games from a garage sell for like 20.00 and later found out that 5 of the games are worth some bucks Air zonk though is the only one I can think of without digging it out.

I got a boxed nice shape RCA Studio 2 for 3.00..

I had gotten a bunch of R3-R8 games at Super Flea in North Versailles about 7-8 years ago before the old granny b&*tch sat up shop there and bought peoples stuff before they even had it out of their cars and marked the price up about 300 percent in her little shop area.... Anyone from Pittsburgh that ever went there wil know who I am talking about.

And of course my all time favorite story to tell, which I believe I have told on here about 4 times now the Swordquest: Waterworld MIB Sealed I found at a local privately owned thrift store by my parents house. My wife and I were there, right before we were married and I was digging through some junk in a box and low and behold there was a SQ:Waterworld with a Toys R us or Kaybee pricetag on it and it was sealed and unopened and in great shape... I asked how much and the guy said 10 bucks I said I'll take it, but I had to walk across the street to the MAC machine to get some cash, as he didn't accept Credit cards or anything. I walked over and came back and he told me the game was no longer for sell. I asked why and he said it just wasn't then asked me exactly how rare it was. Immediately I looked at my wife who wouldn't make eye contact and walked away. I asked her what happened in the 2 minutes I was gone. She said "He asked me why you were so interested in that game?" and she proceeded to tell him "he has hundreds of them if he wants this one it must be pretty rare."

:x :x :x :x

TO this day everytime we go flea marketing or thrift store shopping I make a point of reminding about the Waterworld incident.......

I found a 5200 Zaxxon, gremlins and Space Dungeon for $4.00 each. Space Dungeon had the box and controller holder as well. The rarest thing I found in general were two mostly unbuilt Aurora models of the Munsters and the Addams Family for $25 each. I sold them for $900 the next day.

Allan

Edited by Allan

Tomarc the Barbarian, Strategy X, Artillery Duel/Spike's Peak all for $2 each at a video game store. Power strike for the sega master system for $7 complete and mint at the same video game place.

I also got an APF MP1000 system boxed for $2.50 at goodwill along with 2 boxed games for $1 each.

2600 Glib - $1 Boston tag-sale

5200 Star Wars: Death Star Battle - $1 Seattle craigslist

Vectrex - free - Found in an old, unused office desk at my previous job. No one claimed it so "duhn da da!"

Boing! - passed on this in a cheap craigslist lot recently. I guess I don't have the fire in me anymore.

• 4 months later...

A T-handled Condor Attack sticks out as the most rare I've found. Other rare games

I remember snagging: Room of Doom, Montezuma's Revenge, Front Line, Pengo,

Roc 'N Rope, Gremlins, Pitfall II, Ghost Manor/Spikes Peak, Snoopy and the Red

Baron and that's all I can recall at the moment.

• 3 years later...

a boxed copy of family fued for the snes. not the best find, but it was 7 bucks :)

If you keep using your resurrect the dead spell on these old threads, I am gonna to cast my reanimate spell on Dr. Love's "I'm not and Indian Giver, but..." thread! :D

When I first started collecting, I had some great finds with Atari 2600 Glib at a yard sale for $2 and 2600 Crazy Climber at a Goodwill for $1.50. My best find in the wild was at the Dallas First Saturday Sale in 1996 when I bought a box with four or five sealed Myriad 6-in-1 NES cartridges (see http://www.gamesniped.com/2009/10/14/myriad-games-caltron-6-in-1-nintendo-nes/) for $30. I had no idea how valuable they were and traded two or three of them for semi-rare carts, but I still have one opened and one sealed.

• Like 1