IGNORED

Dumbest Ebay Buyer ... E V E R !

Red 5

I've been on Ebay selling since the late '90's.

This e-mail has to take the cake:

Steve:

I mailed the check (money order) this morning. However I did not have the street address and sent it to Chesire with the zip. If you do not receive it please let me know.

Thanks,

Aubrey House

(There are 40,000 people in my town. I have a common last name. Ummmm... great. What are the odds I wind up with a negative because she's an idiot? Reason #1123432 why Ebay's new feedback rules suck ass.)

Could send an email to tell you that it was mailed to nowhere, but couldn't send an email to ask for the street address...

A money order that can't be simply stopped payment on like a personal check and replaced...

You're right, this is not looking good.

What can you do other than contacting the postmaster for that ZIP code to see what he/she recommends?

Though I agree this buyer is a tool, what does the feedback system have anything to do with this?

If this person planned on pulling a fast one and giving you a neg for no reason they can still do that, right? however with the improved seller protection you can get that neg wiped right off.

The only difference is you can't neg them back, but isn't that why ebay put into place better protective measures with the new updates?

Though I agree this buyer is a tool, what does the feedback system have anything to do with this?

If this person planned on pulling a fast one and giving you a neg for no reason they can still do that, right? however with the improved seller protection you can get that neg wiped right off.

The only difference is you can't neg them back, but isn't that why ebay put into place better protective measures with the new updates?

It wasn't expensive. It was a $15 book.

As for the feedback system, here is the issue.

I don't think she's pulling a fast one.

I think she is stupid as a grain of rice.

She paid her $18.50 for the money order.

I will never get it in a zillion years.

She will think she is out $18.50 and blame it on me.

She will probably say in a negative feedback, "I paid, but never got my item."

I would like to leave her a negative back saying, "Buyer admittedly sent me a MO with no FREAKIN' STREET ADDRESS ON THE ENVELOPE ! I D I O T !"

Alas, I can no longer do that.

What proof will I have?

Ebay will never remove the neg, and there you have it.

It's not that big of a deal. One negative feedback since 1999. Actually, if she does neg me, I can finally stop freaking out and being so anal about

my 100% feedback. I would welcome it.

I was bound to get a complete moron eventually.

I already wrote her back saying this:

There are more than 40,000 people in the town of Cheshire.

Many of them have the last name xxxxx

It is a popular last name.

There is a xxxxx who lives in my neighborhood with no relation.

I would put the chance of this reaching me at around 3%.

Hopefully it will get returned back to you, but I would strongly suggest cancelling this Money Order.

Edited by therealred5

As far as I know the only way to get a neg wiped off is to file a non paying bidder and hope they don't reply at all. Even if they reply with "Sorry" you can't get the comment wiped for they responded.

No doubt about it the new rules mean a buyer is more likely to leave negs. Dealing with a tool knowing you have to cater to them for fear of a unjustified neg is stressfull. He might get a neg for filing a non paying bidder alert. Still not get paid and have a neg to show for his effort. However, after a few episodes like this the typical seller will just develop a thicker skin and even legit beefs won't bother him so much. Overall customer service will drop even lower on eBay if that is even possible. The new rules in the long term are worse for the buyers and short term very stressful for the legit sellers.

Some people love the rules though. Crooked buyers and crooked sellers can hide behind them.

Edited by Buyatari

I would like to leave her a negative back saying, "Buyer admittedly sent me a MO with no FREAKIN' STREET ADDRESS ON THE ENVELOPE ! I D I O T !"

What proof will I have?

It's not that big of a deal. One negative feedback since 1999. Actually, if she does neg me, I can finally stop freaking out and being so anal about

Hopefully it will get returned back to you, but I would strongly suggest cancelling this Money Order.

But I thought the new system provided for negs to be removed when the bidder was non-paying"? Technically thats what happened. Whether or not he/she addressed it wrong, if you don't receive payment, how can a neg from a buyer stand? I mean, say for example you accepted only paypal, and the buyer pulled the same stunt (saying they sent payment but you never get it) and they ultimately neg you. Ebay would remove it. I've seen some of the sellers here get negs removed for plenty of reasons. I think it was cpuwiz who had one removed because even though the guy received the game, and it *worked* fine the buyer thought the game sucked and negged him. He got it removed (maybe it wasn't cpu but I remember reading that here...)

Anyways I know there is a lot of focus and hate here on AA for the feedback changes (because the sellers seem to outnumber buyers 3 to 1 here), but there were also provisions put in place to help protect the seller as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but *if* you get a neg I don't think it will have to stick.

That sucks, the new system sucks too. I had a sale where I gave a guy 3 weeks to pay for it, and he kept coming up with one excuse after another. Of course, he made a last second bid to win, but then his computer goes down for two weeks? Bullshit. But I was very good with him, then after awhile I got tired of him, gave him about 3 warnings that he had better pay or I was cancelling the auction, and I ultimately did, then I negged him for not paying. Within an hour of me issuing my neg, he pays me by paypal, then leaves me feedback saying I was hard to work with and wouldn't accept his payment. And I'm stuck with that.....

Huh, I don't know a single person with the last name of "xxxxx". I guess that's right before "yyyyy" in the phone book. :?

Even if your name really was five letter x's, you still would have little chance of getting that MO. I guess if you get the neg you can respond with details.

Some tacky ideas for your response: :D

"Buyer is dumber than a box of rocks"

"Buyer thinks 'abracadabra' will get her mail delivered"

"Sorry, forgot to mention in boldface the item WASN'T free"

"Can't help rampant retardation, remove neg plz"

Huh, I don't know a single person with the last name of "xxxxx". I guess that's right before "yyyyy" in the phone book. :?

Even if your name really was five letter x's, you still would have little chance of getting that MO. I guess if you get the neg you can respond with details.

Some tacky ideas for your response: :D

"Buyer is dumber than a box of rocks"

"Buyer thinks 'abracadabra' will get her mail delivered"

"Sorry, forgot to mention in boldface the item WASN'T free"

"Can't help rampant retardation, remove neg plz"

:rolling:

Not sure how big your town is. I used to live in this *little* hick town in upstate new york, (trees and cows for neighbors, not concrete). Anyway, a little girl mailed a Christmas card to her grandmother who lived on my street. On the front of the envelope, in large 1st-grader handwriting was "Gramma" and that's it.

She got the card!

Ok, granted there was only one intersection in town "The 4 corners" and no traffic lights... but still there's a *chance* that money order will show up!

:D

Not sure how big your town is. I used to live in this *little* hick town in upstate new york, (trees and cows for neighbors, not concrete). Anyway, a little girl mailed a Christmas card to her grandmother who lived on my street. On the front of the envelope, in large 1st-grader handwriting was "Gramma" and that's it.

She got the card!

Ok, granted there was only one intersection in town "The 4 corners" and no traffic lights... but still there's a *chance* that money order will show up!

:D

How's this for you: Once I received a ham radio QSL card from Mexico and all it had on it was my first name, call sign, and "16th St, Phoenix", no last name, street number, apartment number, state or ZIP! And I was at college at the time, my license still had my Wisconsin address. And this was in the early 80's, no Internet to help them out. They must have looked me up and found me via my uncommon last name, but still!

What proof will I have?

Actually join the crowd by leaving what EBay sellers call Positive-Negative feedback. If she negs you for being idiotic, leave her a positive with a negative response; It may not affect her rating as a buyer, but any seller who checks her feedback will still get the warning.

Actually join the crowd by leaving what EBay sellers call Positive-Negative feedback. If she negs you for being idiotic, leave her a positive with a negative response; It may not affect her rating as a buyer, but any seller who checks her feedback will still get the warning.

... which will get removed and get you hollered at if the buyer complains:

Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:

* Negative statements that conflict with a positive rating

I'm rooting for the check to arrive

There's something magical about dropping a letter in a box and it arriving to a specific person thousands of miles away.

The less information provided the more enchanting it seems. :ponder:

Do keep us informed of this precarious scenario.

Edited by maibock