IGNORED

new favorite handheld gaming system

Well I think my Turbo Express has replaced my Lynx as my favorite classic handheld game system. I'm loving this thing, I never played any TG-16 games, other than emulation, before and never knew the quality of the games and system itself. just wow.

How many other Express fans are out there???

On a side note...who was the main company with TG-16? I hear Hudson was, but everything I have has NEC all over the place. It wasn't the Hudson Turbo Grafx from what I remember, but NEC Turbografx, is that correct or no?

It's nec Turbografx, it's the sister console of the pc engine :) You should pick yourself up a pc engine or Tg 16 console, actually you need both :)

I don't have a turbo express (called pc engine gt in Japan), but hopefully I can pick one up this year :) I am a big pc engine/tg 16 fan! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16

Edited by so_tough!

I've snapped off on the TG/PCE recently. A lucky score netted me about 80 of the US hucards, and twenty of the cds. A couple of months later, I scored a Duo. I've had an express for awhile now. It has become, hands down., my favorite 16 bit era system. So many great games you can't play anywhere else!

Currently, I'm playing Ys I & II on the Duo, which has the best RPG soundtrack of all time, I do believe. On the express, it's Military Madness and Silent Debuggers

It's a hell of a system, isn't it?

I've snapped off on the TG/PCE recently. A lucky score netted me about 80 of the US hucards, and twenty of the cds. A couple of months later, I scored a Duo. I've had an express for awhile now. It has become, hands down., my favorite 16 bit era system. So many great games you can't play anywhere else!

Currently, I'm playing Ys I & II on the Duo, which has the best RPG soundtrack of all time, I do believe. On the express, it's Military Madness and Silent Debuggers

It's a hell of a system, isn't it?

It sure is :) I have bomberman 93 and power drift coming in the post, for my pc engine :)

The TurboExpress has always been one of my favorite handhelds... I owned one back in the day, purchased brand new in 1990, only a few short months after picking up my Lynx. I still play mine regularly, more often than I play my Lynx, though I'm fond of both. I do think that the TurboGrafx had a better library than the Lynx in general, and some games - like Devil's Crush, Military Madness, Aero Blasters and Chew Man Fu - are as fun to play today as they ever were. It's a great piece of kit - well worth owning... I'm sure you'll enjoy yours for many years! :)