IGNORED

a great realization...

27ace27

I have a brochure from a company that sold stuff to program tomy's series of robots in the box of the omnibot 2000 I just purchased (yes you can use your atari 400/800) and the name of the company that made it is "computer magic" and apparently commavid had the name computer magic but then changed it to commavid. so can anyone verify that commavid actually made these? they were made in the mid 80s. so if commavid changed it's name before then, is it possible that they sold the rights to the name computer magic, or still had had a branch of the company working under the name computer magic? if so that would be cool. I sent a copy of the brochure to them for a catalog but got the letter back. if anyone needs to see the brochure I can dig it out and scan it upon request but feel too lazy to do so right now. oh, and they were located somewhere in new York according to the brochure.

thanks!

Ace

• 4 months later...

Computer Magic LTD was a company based here on Long Island, in New York. They were two guys that did various video games, starting out selling arcade games I believe.

I developed Robot*Link for the IBM-PC, PC/JR, and PC-AT, while another guy Brian Richter developed it for the C64 and MAYBE for the Atari 400/800 and Apple, but not sure.

Computer Magic was later involved in converting Epyx games from the Commodore 64 to the Atari 7800, one of which I did was Impossible Mission. Some others were Summer Games and Winter Games, also ones I did.

• 5 years later...

I purchased a copy of the game a few years ago on ebay. I had somebody try to read the disc but had been told that the disc was totally empty. could it be that the old disc lost the information throughout the years?

At the bottom you can see my box which is also to be found on theoldrobots.com

mike

post-39778-0-80183200-1405368142_thumb.jpg