IGNORED

New homebrew arcade ports for the 7800 you'd like to see?

Underball

I'd love to see Donkey Kong rewritten but would be happy just to see the music and sound effects updated to the 8-bit computer Pokey sounds and music.

Maybe what we need is a new thread on creating new graphics for a new Donkey Kong.

Allan

Arch Rivals

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ninja Gaiden

I don't know if the 7800 has the horsepower for these.

After seeing the two latest found prototypes Plutos and Sirius i think the old 7800 may be able to come close :) and i would even settle for the TMNT version that was originally released on the NES

Edited by kroogur

Fine. You guys win. Add Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat to the list. :cool:

Haha - ironically, I just finished playing the Sega Master System Mortal Kombat. Not a bad technical achievement given the hardware. Biggest limitations though are the really dithered graphics, the sluggish gameplay and the two-button controller.

I just tested with a CX22, CX80 and an Atari ST mouse. The CX22 and CX80 both work. The ST mouse twitches a little bit but is not really controllable.

Anything else you want it tested with?

Mitch

That's good to hear. I thought CX22 and CX80s worked different and that some CX80s might be CX22's internally.

Thanks,

Ken

I just tested with a CX22, CX80 and an Atari ST mouse. The CX22 and CX80 both work. The ST mouse twitches a little bit but is not really controllable.

Anything else you want it tested with?

Mitch

That's good to hear. I thought CX22 and CX80s worked different and that some CX80s might be CX22's internally.

Thanks,

Ken

I think most CX80s are CX22 compatible but a few are rewired to be ST mouse compatible.

Mitch

Also, is there an A78 version of Centipede TB? I would love to play that hack!

I'm not sure why you would want it since none of the 7800 emus support the trackball.

Mitch

If you have a CC2 or the ability to make a cart/eprom you can play it on a real system.

An A78 file won't work for either of those you need the raw BIN file.

Mitch

Also, is there an A78 version of Centipede TB? I would love to play that hack!

I'm not sure why you would want it since none of the 7800 emus support the trackball.

Mitch

If you have a CC2 or the ability to make a cart/eprom you can play it on a real system.

An A78 file won't work for either of those you need the raw BIN file.

Mitch

yeah, but you know what I meant.

I'd like to see...

Tron

Gorf

Berzerk

Qix

Ghosts N Goblins (can the 7800 handle something like this???)

Omega Race

Wizard of Wor

Probably cant.I dont know if its comparable,but my p2 pc,using mame, hardly handles Ghosts N Goblins.It studders a bit when too much is going on,on the screen.Since the 7800 is a dedicated gaming console,maybe it can handle it better,who knows.

Edited by Rik

I'd like to see...

Tron

Gorf

Berzerk

Qix

Ghosts N Goblins (can the 7800 handle something like this???)

Omega Race

Wizard of Wor

Probably cant.I dont know if its comparable,but my p2 pc,using mame, hardly handles Ghosts N Goblins.It studders a bit when too much is going on,on the screen.Since the 7800 is a dedicated gaming console,maybe it can handle it better,who knows.

The reason why your PC cant handle it is it is trying to emulate hardware. The 7800 would have to be written from

scratch but it could do it. The PC would do it just fine if it was a port instead of an emulation.

Vector games are hard ones to port since they use a completely different display technology. It is a great game though.

So that explains why there are so few vector games ported to the Atari systems. I always wished there were more.

There was a Star Castle-like game called Xolo back in the DOS-PC days. It's still available at DOSgames.com.

I wonder if that could be ported to the 7800? It might be too much for the 7800 to handle. It's a fun adaptation of Star Castle to a non-vector format.

Edited by littleman jack