IGNORED

Who made this Demo?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess you have your answer but to be sure, the programmer is Paul Slocum of Treewave?

FYI - The binary has the some text embedded in Spanish which translated (automatically) to English is

Another demo for you by the hand of tree wave, better than all others. this marvel has been accomplished in an unmodified atari 2600. follow this scroller - you can not see this amazing material anywhere else! winks: Tape., Ambulatore, D Romero, S Reich, MBV, B Eno, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 2, C Arcangel, Beige, Palfloat, Atariage, micromusic ... visit the BBS tree wave

I guess you have your answer but to be sure, the programmer is Paul Slocum of Treewave?

FYI - The binary has the some text embedded in Spanish which translated (automatically) to English is

Another demo for you by the hand of tree wave, better than all others. this marvel has been accomplished in an unmodified atari 2600. follow this scroller - you can not see this amazing material anywhere else! winks: Tape., Ambulatore, D Romero, S Reich, MBV, B Eno, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 2, C Arcangel, Beige, Palfloat, Atariage, micromusic ... visit the BBS tree wave

Yep, that's what i first thought. But i'm just wondering if Paul Slocum made this demo himself then why is the scrolltext in spanish and not in english??

Yep, that's what i first thought. But i'm just wondering if Paul Slocum made this demo himself then why is the scrolltext in spanish and not in english??

Probably because Spanish is more exotic? I don't know. Paul lives in Texas AFAIK and there is plenty of Spanish spoken there.

I think the whole thing was made to look like it was a classic demo from 'back in the day' and where most of them would have been coming out of Europe. They have a name for this now, viral advertising.

Probably because Spanish is more exotic? I don't know. Paul lives in Texas AFAIK and there is plenty of Spanish spoken there.

I think the whole thing was made to look like it was a classic demo from 'back in the day' and where most of them would have been coming out of Europe. They have a name for this now, viral advertising.

Makes sense, that could be the reason. Thanks guys!

• 3 months later...

Kind of old thread, but I just found it. I programmed the demo except for the scroller at the top which is Eckhard's classic scroller routine. I probably made this demo in 2005. I used it for a long time as the opening visuals when I performed live. There's a song that goes with it that I would perform.

I had a musician in Spain that I was working with translate it into Spanish. Yeah, it was intended to mimic how the early demo/DIY computer scene was so international.

Kind of old thread, but I just found it. I programmed the demo except for the scroller at the top which is Eckhard's classic scroller routine. I probably made this demo in 2005. I used it for a long time as the opening visuals when I performed live. There's a song that goes with it that I would perform.

I had a musician in Spain that I was working with translate it into Spanish. Yeah, it was intended to mimic how the early demo/DIY computer scene was so international.

Thanks for clearing this up! So djmips hit the nail on the head with his assumption. :)

BTW., is the name "Scroller Water Demo" the right one or is the demo supposed to have another name?

I remember a demo from Alex Herbert with a similar name...