IGNORED

All Time Favorite Aracade Coin-ops

Classic Pac

Nobody's all time faves have an 'I'm 13 and a girl is paying attention to me' bend, so my favorite is, and would otherwise be, Ms. Pac-Man. I remember the first time I saw this machine, and thought one joystick, I can probaby get my 25 cents worth, as I was on a $2 a week allowance:) Then Linda came along, cuddled close, arm around my neck as I played. Being 12, that was big female attention...such simple times. I still love that game, on MAME, the atari version, the coleco tabletop. It doesn't matter, it still takes me back to that time. Put on some appropriate 80's tunes and you are almost back there. Nuff said. Ms. Pac does it for me.

Nothing can top the simplicity of Berzerk for me.

ed

It wasn't a bad arcade game but it was very hard and unforgiving I had a Berzerk arcade game local

around 82 83 Didnt play it that much though

I have to say Battlezone. Park yourself next to a tall cube and be protected from the missiles. Get enough points and get a free game. (over & over & over) I could play for 30 minutes on a quarter.

Battlezone was cool I played it mainly on the cabaret cabinet but got a couple of chances to play it on the full upright cabinet

on holidays

My people! Battlezone was (is!) the ish.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but if the amount of money I spent playing games is any indication, the list would probably look like this:

1. Pac Man

2. Kangaroo

3. Popeye

4. Tempest

5. Golden Axe

6. Rolling Thunder

7. Rampage

8. Toobin'

9. Outrun

10. (some other driving game who's title I forget, but the seat zapped you in the butt if someone shot you from behind)

I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I probably 'invested' more money in arcades than I did in my college education... :D

• 1 month later...

I was living in a very small town (under 1000 people). There were always one or two arcade store. Plus, some of the restaurant had a few arcade and pinball.

Within 100 meters around my house, there were 3 bars….yeah 3 !!!!! So every Saterday and Sunday morning, I woke up earler and went around the bars to pick up the empty beer bottle!!! Also there were 3-4 other bars in the town. Do you image, there were more bars then restaurant !!!!!

Anyway, all this to say that with the money from the bottle, I was playing arcade/pinball game and buying atari game.

At around the age of 12-13 years old we move to a big city (Ottawa) and the highschool was just beside an arcade store LOL so when my mother was giving me $$ to buy lunch, I was going to the arcade an play during lunch !!!

I had a chance to play probably over 100-150 different games if not more.

It's pretty hard to choose THE TOP arcade game.....baybe track field? Gyruss?

Kung fu master

Kangoorou

Gyruss

Joust

Karate champ

Cheyenne

Time Pilot

Contra

Track and field

Hypersport

Sinistar

Rally X

Moon Patrol

Ghost and goble

Bag man

Mappy

Burgertime

Galaga

Bank panic

Pac man

Ms Pac man

Arabian

Amidor

Arkanoid

I had a joust arcade game for around 2 years but I decided to sell it and built a mame. Now I play with it 2 or 3 time a week. It's the best toy that I ever bought

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My alltime Arcade coinop favorites would have to be:

Gauntlet 2

Quartet

Centipede

A.P.B.

Dragon's Lair

Rampage

Crystal Castles

Mappyland

Ms.Pac-man

Pac-man Plus

Mr.Do's Castle

Bust-A-Move (the puzzle game not the dance one)

Street Fighter 2:Championship Edition

Darkstalkers

Killer Instinct

San Fransisco Rush

T-Mek

• 2 weeks later...

The small, local bowling alley up the street from our house when I was a teenager had the 1981 cops n' robbers game "THIEF" and after school, I would walk up there and play the heck out of it! It's still one of my favorites, and I now have one in my basement! I now also own many of my other favorites, but I agree that the ambience and the settings of our memories plays a large part in naming our favorites!

-Like Going to a Bonanza restaurant (long gone now) with my parents and seeing a Centipede for the first time. I was instantly hooked, and that still may be my all-time favorite...

-Playing Galaxian on the cocktail version at the local Pizza Hut while waiting for our pizza

-Seeing a Pac-Man for the first time at an army base in Indiana

-Playing Battlezone for the first time at a local bowling alley

-Playing Moon Patrol for the first time at a little mini-golf place in Georgia with my family

Just way too many great memories... the 80's were just awesome- life was simpler, the music was fun, the fashions and style was cool, and we had a great president!

The small, local bowling alley up the street from our house when I was a teenager had the 1981 cops n' robbers game "THIEF" and after school, I would walk up there and play the heck out of it! It's still one of my favorites, and I now have one in my basement! I now also own many of my other favorites, but I agree that the ambience and the settings of our memories plays a large part in naming our favorites!

-Like Going to a Bonanza restaurant (long gone now) with my parents and seeing a Centipede for the first time. I was instantly hooked, and that still may be my all-time favorite...

-Playing Galaxian on the cocktail version at the local Pizza Hut while waiting for our pizza

-Seeing a Pac-Man for the first time at an army base in Indiana

-Playing Battlezone for the first time at a local bowling alley

-Playing Moon Patrol for the first time at a little mini-golf place in Georgia with my family

Just way too many great memories... the 80's were just awesome- life was simpler, the music was fun, the fashions and style was cool, and we had a great president!

I hear ya!

Same here....I don't know if we (the old fart that are between 30-40) feel but I do feel like that.

My kid are exposed to all my gaming life (arcade, atari, NES.....with the new N64, wii, PC gaming...etc) and I hope that when they will be older they will reminber the nice time they had playing MAME with daddy or Mario cart with daddy :)

2 years ago I have started a music collection of all 80'. Now I listen to that all the time.

PAC-MAN!! :D

pac man is the best arcade game ever!!! :)

It's so good that there are tons of clones like munchman, kc munchkin, hangly man, epoch man, pirahna, new puck-x, puc one, muncher,...............

it's been on almost every console known to man

thats concrete proof that pac man stands on a great game foundation ;)

I probably spent the most quarters and tokens on Galaga.

But if I could go back and play any game, it would probably be Tron. That's a game best played in the arcade, whereas Galaga works just fine even playing it on a home console.

Galaga.

I've owned one for 5+ years and still can't get enough.

Still have yet to see level 40.

It still kicks my ass and gives me a rush.

(Tempest is a close second I though for the same reasons.)

therealred5,

Are you using the "no-fire" cheat?

A short list of my faves:

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Astro Blaster

Ms. Pac Man

Mr. Do

Spectar

Scramble

Phoenix

Track And Field

Gyruss

Pac-Land

Kung Fu Master

Kicker

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Street Fighter II CE

Fatal Fury Special

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

My #1 is unquestionably Ms. Pac-Man. (Speedy version only!) It's the game I've spent the most time playing, the game I'm best at, and the game I enjoy the most. The pizza place in my home town where we went all the time when I was a kid had one for many years and I played the heck out of it. They also had a Centipede, and that's probably my 2nd favorite. The game I most wish I'd had more chance to play is Baby Pac-Man. Only one place around here ever had it, and they didn't have it for very long. And it's one of the few games that you can't really emulate the feel of.

Edited by pinball22

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say it's a tossup between Rastan, Off Road Rally (4 Player) or Turbo

I have an Off Road Rally 4 player, seem to attract relatives in the 13-25 age group, the 25 year olds think it's nostalgic. Fun game!

Nitro! Love that boom sound : )

Hope you all like this.. many of my faves are in this video.

Tempest is #1 for me (I got hooked on that game way back when at what was then called showbiz pizza place when I went to a friend's b-day party)

#2 is wizard of Wor( got hooked on that game when I was waiting for my ride at bowling alley when I got out of school(come on who here didn't crack up

when the voice said "insert one gay coin")