IGNORED

This just might be the most significant event in classic gaming history...

.....after the AA homebrewer community, that is. ;)

A developer who makes a sequel that is virtually identical to the originals.

I am drooling at the footage.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/888/888133p1.html

The Blue Bomber is back.

Hopefully, we might get some more games like this on down the road. I'm all for the remakes like Prince of Persia and Bionic Commando.....but this trumps those, twofold.

The Blue Bomber is back.

Hopefully, we might get some more games like this on down the road. I'm all for the remakes like Prince of Persia and Bionic Commando.....but this trumps those, twofold.

Hi guys:

Looks nice. I like it.

Anthony...

The Blue Bomber is back.

I don't know if I like the idea of that being around without a cart release. Something physical that I can actually buy and hold on to. Hopefully somebody will hack one of the old ones to look like it and I can order it at one of the repro shops.

until then I'll enjoy my retro space invaders.

Edited by Reaperman

Eh. I never liked Mega-Man. I would rather see a Pitfall 3.

Yuck!!!!

What's with all the Mega Man hate around here??? Mega Man, the original series, always kicked ass and delivered the goods consistently where many games came up short.

I never liked all the X series and the other Mega-Man brand games. I feel like they have soured the good name of the original Blue Bomber..........and now it's time for his re-emergance onto the scene to show everyone how it's done.

And I, too, would like to see a 2600 Pitfall 3. But that's never gonna happen. :|

the more I think of it, the more I like this idea. The big developers could spare 4-5 guys as a part time side project and easily grab some extra revenue. Does anybody really doubt that megaman 9 will make a profit? How much could it possibly cost to make?

I'd like to see another 8-bit castlevania (maybe the modern 'metroidvania' style). And everybody wants a new super mario--I'd even settle for an 8-bit version of super mario all stars--maybe with 'even more lost levels.'

But I'd be surprised if much of the tools/code required to make new versions of our favorites weren't lost.

As great this new megaman is though, I do really want a 'physical release' that I can hold in my hand and know it will work in 20 years. I doubt psn, wiiware/vc or live arcade will still be around, meaning that I've pretty well flushed cash down a toilet.

I'm not even a huge MM fan but I'm excited about this! I have the Mega Man comps for GameCube and PS2 but I get my ass handed to me everytime I fire it up. Still, I'll probably grab this up just to cast my vote.

As stated above, a classic-style Contra would also be sweet. Not to mention some 8-bit Castlevania goodness... :lust:

Hopefully Konami will jump on the bandwagon.

It can't be the most significant event in classic gaming history if it's related to the NES. Sorry, I'm a bigot that way. Show me David Crane's Pitfall 3 for the 2600 and I'm with you.

yea, i agree, everything from nes on is neo-classic. There is only one classic era. :)

It can't be the most significant event in classic gaming history if it's related to the NES. Sorry, I'm a bigot that way. Show me David Crane's Pitfall 3 for the 2600 and I'm with you.

Crane's Pitfall 3 for the 2600? You know I think that could actually be sold in stores! Or in true activision style release it on modern hardware and then on the inside is a mail away card to order a copy on cartridge for the 2600 along with your Pitfall 3 patch. It's more than a geek pipe dream, It would work I'm sure of it.

Holy crap, I remember the Mighty Heroes. I used to LOVE that stupid little theme song when I was a kid. God, I probably lost more brain cells watching that than from all of the alcohol I've drank over the entire course of my life.

Seriously, Rope Man?

Holy crap, I remember the Mighty Heroes. I used to LOVE that stupid little theme song when I was a kid. God, I probably lost more brain cells watching that than from all of the alcohol I've drank over the entire course of my life.

Seriously, Rope Man?

Yeah that was a blast from the past. The funny thing is, I only remember the introduction and the guy's voice. Can't remember a single episode nor do I even remember that they were called Mighty Heroes!