IGNORED

Zophar's Domain updated

2600Lives

Just thought I'd let you emulation enthusiasts know that after a LONG time, Zophar's Domain has updated with a TON of new stuff. Looks like the original owner handed the site to someone else, and they've completely redesigned it. One of the first things I noticed was an update of my favorite Genesis emulator, Gens Plus, along with updates of a ton of other emulators.

www.zophar.net

Next you'll be telling me JoseQ's emuViews is coming back. EmuViews, Zophar's and I think Retrogames were always updated with fresh content around 2000 and I could spend all day on those sites, been awhile.

• 2 months later...
Next you'll be telling me JoseQ's emuViews is coming back. EmuViews, Zophar's and I think Retrogames were always updated with fresh content around 2000 and I could spend all day on those sites, been awhile.

THERE'S a name from the past. I downloaded tons of stuff years ago from JoseQ's emuviews, awesome site I remember, probably some of my first emulation stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird, I visited Zophar's site just last week for the first time in a while to get the SNES9X emulator, site looks good.

Ok, is it just me, or is stuff missing now. :?:

I checked the emulators for consoles. Went to Xbox, and it's empty. :|

I'm pretty sure IIRC the previous site had some of the emulators listed and links to their respective websites. Obviously downloads were unavailable, but it still listed the things so people would know. :ponder:

And boy I wish they would have kept the old layout. Way too much scrolling needed now. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, the new site officially sucks.

They appear to be biased now, and ignore things they don't want to be bothered with.

CXBX, the Xbox1 emulator for the PC was updated over a week ago. That news was commonly avaialble the day after. Zophar STILL has not update their site regarding this. And it's not because they aren't updating it either, because the last update was today.

They updated the site hours after the new Kega came out, hours after the new MAME update came out, within a day of the new Gens/GS came out, within days of the new MisFitMame. They pretty much update everything they "care about" updating right away, and nothing else.

But hey, atleast you can attach youtube videos in their forums now. :roll:

THERE'S a name from the past. I downloaded tons of stuff years ago from JoseQ's emuviews, awesome site I remember, probably some of my first emulation stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird, I visited Zophar's site just last week for the first time in a while to get the SNES9X emulator, site looks good.

I'll second that! Jose's site was THE place for me to get my emulation stock. I just popped over there for old time's sake. Hasn't been updated since 2003 and it looks like downloads have been eliminated. Too bad. :(