IGNORED

My "Complete" Lynx Collection

Atari Smeghead

Thus, as far as Lynx cartridges that I could technically get is concerned, I still need to watch for:

Lynx Flash Cart

Send me PM. :grin:

http://www.atariage....itaire__st__250

I made a release of this game. I have some in stock.

Lynxman

The Flash Card or Solitaire or both? :)

Edited by JohnBuell

Benjamin,

Very nice collection you have there! It is a great system for which to collect.

The weird ones in my collection that you asked about, Marble Madness, Rapide Racer, etc, were ones made by a fellow from Poland, who sold them on eBay many years ago. I just did a quick search and it appears he is "no longer a registered user" of eBay, last selling cables and Vectrex multicarts in Jan 2011. I think he got plenty of flak from selling Lynx games for which he did not have legal claim, like Raiden, Lemmings, and the ones previously mentioned. I assume that's why he is gone.

IIRC, I did not buy those directly from him. Those are ones I bought from Buddy Buddies when he decided to get out of Lynx collecting.

Cheers,

Smeg

My Current Lynx Collection:

1. A.P.B.

108. Zarlor Mercenary

Thus, as far as Lynx cartridges that I could technically get is concerned, I still need to watch for:

Bitchy As mentioned: tough game to get. very limited.

Cyber virus CinciClassic Edition Not sure if that was on your list

P.I.T.S. I'll be selling a 'mini' PITS kit in the future. I have an extra cart, so I'll include the 'paperwork' as well... also a mini suitcase.

Am I not accounting for any?

Thanks.

I made a few notes. Is your Eye of the Beholder a real one (full game with save feature?) Or is it the stupid demo from ebay?

Note there are carts available for the different version of Super Asteroids as well. Its the unreleaed version that I documented from a proto I had in my collection.

Are you collecting the variations? For instance there are 3-4 different Desert Strike styles... (not for sure, I'd need to look at my database again). I believe it was mentioned that there were two different variations of Sokomania. I still don't know how to tell if you have one version or the other. Something about a hidden Mod Player.

Take a look at Smeg's great thread for grat information and pictures of cart styles. All of my stuff is packed up right now... so I can't share any pics. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/141573-the-definitive-lynx-cart-variation-list/

I made a few notes. Is your Eye of the Beholder a real one (full game with save feature?) Or is it the stupid demo from ebay?

Note there are carts available for the different version of Super Asteroids as well. Its the unreleased version that I documented from a proto I had in my collection.

Are you collecting the variations? For instance there are 3-4 different Desert Strike styles... (not for sure, I'd need to look at my database again). I believe it was mentioned that there were two different variations of Sokomania. I still don't know how to tell if you have one version or the other. Something about a hidden Mod Player.

Take a look at Smeg's great thread for grat information and pictures of cart styles. All of my stuff is packed up right now... so I can't share any pics. http://www.atariage....variation-list/

I do have the full version with save feature of Eye of the Beholder, but I only have a game card alone.

How were you planning to sell P.I.T.S.? If you want to sell it to me directly via Personal Message, I'm sure I can make a nice offer.

I was not planning to get variations of the same game. I primarily want to get the primary version of every game released on card, along with box and instruction manual if possible. Different versions with slight differences or different card styles don't really interest me that much.

Now that you mentioned it, how different is Cyber Virus CinciClassic Edition from the primary version?

Thanks.

EOTB: Did you buy that from me? Or pay the "BIG" price from the other guy?

PITS: I'll offer it on ebay, auction it here or Game Gavel. Not sure...but I am sure a few people are interested in it. The cart I'm keeping is the transparent cart that came with the PITS case. You can offer if you want, but that's up to you.

Cybervirus: the difference is the extreme rarity and value. There are other differences as well (I think...but would have to drag them out to know for sure.)

I thought that the Special one was just a demo and contained a screen shot stating it was the cinciclassic version. Others on here may be able to tell you though, as mine is packed away right now.

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone! I'm bumping this ancient thread because...well, unfortunately, the time has some for me to sell off this collection. :( Money has become tight (had to get another car, and the other bills are piling up). So I'm planning on putting them up on eBay. I'm going to start with the rarer stuff individually, and then whatever's left, which should be in the neighborhood of 70 games along with the Lynx II, binders, carrying case, power supply, etc, will go as one massive lot.

If you see something you like and want to make me an offer, feel free to PM me. That includes the common stuff, so if you need one of the variant carts, or just a common one with a box, let me know.
This list from page one is only missing a couple of things - The "Bitchy" contest cart and the "Bitchy" cart #15 of 20 that I won from the contest, Lynxopoly, Solitaire, and the Flashcard (the one from Lynxman). And I've already sold a couple of games earlier - Hyperdrome, Zaku, SIMIS, and the Blue Lightning demos are gone to worthy collectors.

I won't keep posting here - I'll start a thread on the sales area. It just seemed fitting to start the goodbye process in this old thread.

Take care everyone!

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SMEG! Nnnoooooo!!!!!!!

I know, right? It's a sad day... but at the same time, it is interesting to see how much all these decades of collecting will actually be worth.

It's sad when you have to part with a great collection. Feeling for you Atari Smeghead. Hope you get decent money for it all! ?

Thanks! I appreciate that. And on top of everything else going on, I just found out today that my wife'e vehicle will cost us $1500 to repair... or we have to get rid of it and get her something else. A few weeks after we had to replace my car. So yeah, I do need to get top dollar for these.