IGNORED

Best cheap 360 FPS....

Out of these three (for 360):

Battle of the Pacific

Call of Juarez

Civil War

I've already got COD2 and Perfect Dark Zero and they are as good as you can get price-wise for a good FPS.

Which one of those 3 would anyone recommend or is the better one?

I have the Civil War game for the PS2 but I figured the 360 version might have more levels and better graphics. Battle of the Pacific reminds me of MOH: Rising Sun and I enjoyed that game.

i just bought timeshift for xb360 for $9.98 at target a few days ago.its a pretty decent fps.check the clearence area/endcap/rack in the electronics area at your local target store.also, prey is $8.99 used at gamecrazy.another decent fps thats cheap.

Edited by wccw mark

i just bought timeshift for xb360 for $9.98 at target a few days ago.its a pretty decent fps.check the clearence area/endcap/rack in the electronics area at your local target store.also, prey is $8.99 used at gamecrazy.another decent fps thats cheap.

Could have gotten that game for free, too.....but I played it and couldn't stand it.

Prey, that is.

Edited by PressureCooker2600

Could have gotten that game for free, too.....but I played it and couldn't stand it.

Prey, that is.

Well that's two awesome games that are well priced you have tossed off your list. Most of the bargain bin stuff is junk. Those two games are actually top tier games imo. I do understand motion sickness as a reason not to play a game though the last time I had a problem with that was over a decade ago.

I'd say:

-Prey

-Fear

-King Kong: The Official Game of The Movie ---not a joke, this game is freaking great.

I have Fear and Prey for trade. I'm really looking for a copy of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (I know it's got bad reviews)

Edited by Gunstarhero

FEAR is above average I'd say. It's really scary IMO. It's got this kick ass slow-mo you can use at any time, and there's lots of blood and contorting bodies when shot. If you are into horror, this game delivers on the scary shit too. On the downside, the achievements are ridiculous, I played through the game on normal and walked away with 75/1000 points, that sucks.

Turning Point is supposedly awful, but I thought the demo was perfectly average fair, and I really like the subject matter, so I really want to play through the game.

I've played through the Civil War game.

It actually wasnt too bad. If you are a Civil War buff, you will enjoy it.

There's nothing special about the 360 version though. Crisper graphics maybe, but no extras. The game can be beaten pretty quickly from what I recall.

It sounds like you really do not like the traditional fast paced FPS so your choices are going to be limited.

If you haven't played through the game already, you might check out Gun. It's a solid, well done FPS.

FEAR is decent, but if you don't like a game like Prey I doubt you'll enjoy FEAR.

Quake 4 is also very well done....but again, if you hate Prey and Darkness, you wont like it.

You might consider Condemned. It's more a FPM (First person melee) but you can find guns thought the game as well and it moves slow so you shouldnt get sick.

History Channel Presents the Civil War: isn't a terrible game at all. Kinda short (going for Achievements add's to its length) and has a few glitches (shots that go thru rocks) but I enjoyed the game. Planning your strategy to account for the long time it took to reload your rifle added to the fun.

Battle for the Pacific: Ack!! Cannot find one redeeming quality about the game. 10 min after trying it out, back to GameFly it went.

Call of Juarez: again, not a terrible game, but not real great either. Two things I didn't like about it was 1) I became frustrated with all the stacking of items you had to do in order to climb to something; 2) the "sneaking" levels weren't the high point of the game for me.

Another FPS game you might consider trying is Far Cry: Instincts. It's cheap, has an editor for creating/swapping levels, trap-setting and back stabbing are important aspects of the game, its bright and colorful as a lot of it takes place outdoors on a island, and you aquire special powers within the game as you change into...... I won't spoil it. I had a blast playing Far Cry.

Mendon

I hated FEAR and will be selling it at my garage sale tomorrow. The game looks good, but it's boooorrring. Very repetitive. You are in that office building for waaay to long. I ended up quitting when I got out of the office building and I haven't touched it since and I have no plans ever to go back to it.

The Darkness didn't seem to me something that fast paced that you would get motion sickness from, other than darkness powers, it was pretty much just a standard FPS, but the story is fantastic, the voice acting is phenomenal, and the game overall is probably one of if not the most bad ass game I've ever played.

I also have the first Rainbow 6 Vegas and it's pretty decent too.

COD 4 is THE definitive FPS for me....but not until it goes down in price a little. Any WWII, historical, and, in this case, modern day FPS have me glued to the TV.

I'm thinking of getting Orange Box since it has Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 looks AWESOME!!! Plus, there's the other games on there, too.

COD 4 is THE definitive FPS for me....but not until it goes down in price a little. Any WWII, historical, and, in this case, modern day FPS have me glued to the TV.

I'm thinking of getting Orange Box since it has Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 looks AWESOME!!! Plus, there's the other games on there, too.

IMO Orange Box is the best value in gaming. I had already played through HL2 (on the XBox and then the XBox 360 through BC) but I played it again. I then proceeded to play Episode 1 and Episode 2. That was a ton of gaming and I loved every minute of it. I think that everything about it was great but Episode 2 has to be the best part of the three. It is really well done. I can't speak highly enough of these games. Make sure to play them in order as the story moves straight from one to the next without skipping a beat.

Then there is Portal of course. I though it was going to be a simple puzzle game (albeit a really good one) and then you suddenly realize out of nowhere your in the middle of a plot and the game is heading in a really great direction. I was very pleasantly surprised. I haven't spent any time with TF2 but it is an online game. When I do start playing it I will likely play it for a while.

The Orange Box is packed with many hours of some of the best gaming ever made. It is the best value in video gaming ever.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Been mostly playing Portal on The Orange Box and it is AMAZING!!!!!!

I love the computerized voice that guides you the whole time.....lol lol lol lol

" We were just pretending we were going to murder you to see what you'd do........you're going to miss the cake."

It's all pure genius.

Been mostly playing Portal on The Orange Box and it is AMAZING!!!!!!

I love the computerized voice that guides you the whole time.....lol lol lol lol

" We were just pretending we were going to murder you to see what you'd do........you're going to miss the cake."

It's all pure genius.

Wait around for the credits at the end. Genius is right. Portal is AWESOME!