IGNORED

SI 7800 - Manual Posted! (See Last Post)

PacManPlus

Hello all:

Due to a discussion in the "Space Invaders 30th anniversary box" thread, I have decided that this game will NOT be available in the AA store. I apologize to all who were waiting for that version.

Bob

You do what you have to to protect your self and keep out of trouble. Dont be sorry as you are doing it the proper way.

It truly shows your awsome character and its quite refreshing.

Hello all:

Due to a discussion in the "Space Invaders 30th anniversary box" thread, I have decided that this game will NOT be available in the AA store. I apologize to all who were waiting for that version.

Bob

You do what you have to to protect your self and keep out of trouble. Dont be sorry as you are doing it the proper way.

I was just thinking it was Gorf all over again. Unfortunately, I missed out this time.

You didn't release the rom anywhere, did you?

Hello all:

Bob

Thanks Gorf - I appreciate the support :)

Bob

Hello all:

Bob

I was just thinking it was Gorf all over again. Unfortunately, I missed out this time.

Yes, actually I did - in the '7800 Homebrews' forum. :)

Bob

I was just thinking it was Gorf all over again.

Thankfully for PMP it was not like Gorf. He was not crucified by some of the members here

like I was. Nor did he have the moderators attack him for his stance against piracy.

Some even had the balls to compare my coded from scratch work of Gorf to people copying

ROMS....amazing the stupidity of some. This one clown, specifically actually e-mailed

Jamie Fenton. why? He wanted to justify his downloading of ROMS byt making my work

on Gorf look like it was the same thing. When asked how many authors of those ROMS

he asked permission from, all I heard was crickets.

Edited by Gorf

Hello all:

Bob

Bob

Completely off topic here. I have never made a 7800 cartridge myself. The AtariAge store doesn't sell them boards, and 8bitclassics doesn't either. Where do you get them? What type of chip do they take?

Hello all:

Bob

Bob

Completely off topic here. I have never made a 7800 cartridge myself. The AtariAge store doesn't sell them boards, and 8bitclassics doesn't either. Where do you get them? What type of chip do they take?

you have to re-use a 7800 cart PCB, eprom size depends on the size of the rom. Also you would need a PCB with extra RAM for certain games and a POKEY PCB for games that require POKEY

Cart types

I also had a .pdf of a how to somewhere, but cant locate it right now

Wait a minute here...

post-7210-1219972421_thumb.jpg

Isn't this the one found at every flea market? This certainly wasn't worth $25...

That's why I only paid a buck for it! :P I got a certain cart in the mail yesterday, but I haven't fired it up yet.

(depending on who asks, that may be a picture of the Vaders cart I play)

Edited by shadow460

you have to re-use a 7800 cart PCB, eprom size depends on the size of the rom. Also you would need a PCB with extra RAM for certain games and a POKEY PCB for games that require POKEY

Cart types

I think I posted this before.

Creating_7800_32K_EPROM_Cart.pdf

-Jeff

Am I missing something here? I looked all over and I cannot find a number on the cart. Let's see...

1-16 one player, 17-112 two players, CX-2632... oops

I've got CX-78SI, and copyright info plus the line with Atariboy2600. Is the serial number displayed on screen when it's played?

Oh, wait, I see it. I have #19.

Edited by shadow460

I just got a certain 7800 game in the mail. For the sake of discussion, let's say it was Karateka, and that it was, by no stretch of the imagination any other game at all. Let me also add that I believe the game was programmed by one Mr. TJ Hooker. This is a great version of Karateka. Incredible actually. With lots and lots of options. TJ Hooker should pat himself on the back for a job incredibly well done. I look forward to Mr. Hooker's further projects and believe this to actually be his best to date. That is certainly saying a lot considering his other work on the 7800. If T.J. were to do any other projects, I certainly hope he keeps in mind he can always PM me about any finished products.

Edited by Atarifever

For the sake of discussion, let's say it was Karateka, and that it was, by no stretch of the imagination any other game at all.

Actually the cart was either Galaga or Ms Pacman. ;)

Nah, 'cause if it's like mine, it's pretty high quality. I'd say on par with a Raiden port for the 7800. So the cart has to have been Raiden. :)

Great game, BTW (the one I got in the mail)

• 2 weeks later...

Cart types

I think I posted this before.

Creating_7800_32K_EPROM_Cart.pdf

-Jeff

Just spent three hours trying to make it work a game work with Pole Position II. Finally I see that the documents say it works with Food Fight and can work with most Pole Position II. If I undo my changes Pole Position II prom still works, so I did not kill the board. The board also has a capacitor at the top that is not on the Food Fight picture. Is that the version that should work? How do I modify the board?

Edited by Atari Dogs

• 2 weeks later...