IGNORED

SI 7800 - Manual Posted! (See Last Post)

PacManPlus

So is the 7800 officially the second most supported Homebrew system yet? PacMan Plus alone has increased the systems value at least 100% this year alone (that means what's been done outside PacMan Collection!)

Now that the positive is out of the way, time for more requests for more stuff. Where's the new Donkey Kong, and PMP should do a 7800 KC's Crazy Chase, or turn Galaga into Galaxian. :)

Edited by Atarifever

So is the 7800 officially the second most supported Homebrew system yet?

Gotta long way before it catches the Vectrex...

Or the Colecovision.

I don't know, it seems like you have to have a direct line to God to manage to order a copy of a Coleco homebrew.

So is the 7800 officially the second most supported Homebrew system yet?

Gotta long way before it catches the Vectrex...

Or the Colecovision.

I don't know, it seems like you have to have a direct line to God to manage to order a copy of a Coleco homebrew.

Actually, it seems like there are a ton of Coleco Homebrews that are maybe 1/4 or 1/2 finished, or not even started yet but talked about for months, but very little you can actually order/download/use.

I have decided to cancel this 'reservation', as I have been getting repeated requests for the 'ripple effect', which is impossible in Character Mode.

The game will have to be rewritten from the ground up to try and replicate this with sprites instead, so the project is on hold until further notice. (It will take me quite a while to get back to this point after redoing the entire kernel).

No carts will be made of this version, and I ask that nobody else make carts of this version either - it will interfere with the 'newer' version, once it's completed.

Edited by PacManPlus

I have decided to cancel this 'reservation', as I have been getting repeated requests for the 'ripple effect', which is impossible in Character Mode.

The game will have to be rewritten from the ground up to try and replicate this with sprites instead, so the project is on hold until further notice. (It will take me quite a while to get back to this point after redoing the entire kernel).

No carts will be made of this version, and I ask that nobody else make carts of this version either - it will interfere with the 'newer' version, once it's completed.

If you WANT to make a new version...do it! :)

Don't do it just because a few people who haven't taken the time to do the work want a different version of the game.

Don't do it just because a few people who haven't taken the time to do the work want a different version of the game.

I second Lord Helmet's post. Additionally, I thought this version was fantastic and do not see a need for another version.

However, Bob, it is your work and you have to be the one happy with it. Good luck with the re-write if that is indeed your choice.

Of course, regardless of what version is released *everyone* should be on board for this cart. Just for the time and dedication alone put into this port.

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

I second Lord Helmet's post. Additionally, I thought this version was fantastic and do not see a need for another version.

However, Bob, it is your work and you have to be the one happy with it. Good luck with the re-write if that is indeed your choice.

Of course, regardless of what version is released *everyone* should be on board for this cart. Just for the time and dedication alone put into this port.

-Trebor

I agree as well. It's a shame that we won't get a chance to play it in cart form. :(

You're extremely talented and dedicated perfectionist when it comes to programming. ;) Not everyone is so willing to listen to comments and suggestions as well as acting on them. The most important thing however is that you are happy with the work you've done.

It's amazing in the amount of time you've dedicated and I hope people here appreciate what a gift you are to this community. :)

*Huggz*

I salute this brave and principalled stand. :D

Dont get me wrong the game was great as it was.

It shows real character on your part to try to tackle

this issue. Great job Bob!

:)

Where have these requests been coming from? As far as I could tell, discussion of this subject pretty much disappeared from the development thread days ago.

Edited by ZylonBane

Where have these requests been coming from? As far as I could tell, discussion of this subject pretty much disappeared from the development thread days ago.

Yeah listen to good ol' Zylonbane.

Edited by Atarifever

Hi:

Thanks everyone.

I will be honest, I don't have high hopes of the 'sprite' way working, as two things that stick out to me immediately are 1) needing more memory for X and Y coordinates for each invader (being that they move separately) - I was already out of memory using Character Mode. Also, 2) I will now need to check both player's shots against 55 separate invaders (instead of just checking under the shot as it travels up the screen to see if there's a $00 or not under it)

Unless I am missing some trick or something, I don't think there's enough time to do all of this. That being said, I plan on giving it a try.

Also, guys please don't make this thread a bashing contest.

@ZylonBane: The requests have been coming in the form of PMs and in the other thread (in the 'Homebrew' forum)

Edited by PacManPlus