IGNORED

SI 7800 - Manual Posted! (See Last Post)

PacManPlus

If YOU really want to spend the time redoing the game you should do so. I think the game is still most excellent in its current form (as evidenced by the number of people wanting cartridges). I am guessing the original game used a bitmap screen and the 7800 is not actually overflowing with RAM to do so. I am guessing you could save RAM by making everything white and have people tape color overlays onto there screen for a more arcade like experience :evil:.

Edited by kenfused

If YOU really want to spend the time redoing the game you should do so. I think the game is still most excellent in its current form (as evidenced by the number of people wanting cartridges). I am guessing the original game used a bitmap screen and the 7800 is not actually overflowing with RAM to do so. I am guessing you could save RAM by making everything white and have people tape color overlays onto there screen for a more arcade like experience :evil:.

Dont forget the 90 degree monitor orientation. :D

making everything white and have people tape color overlays onto there screen for a more arcade like experience :evil:.

Now there's a great idea - why should the Vectrex have all that fun to itself, the 7800 has gone without overlays for too long! :lol:

I agree with overlays. I actually made a modified version of SI and Asteroids for the 2600 with a everything green. I put some colored overlays on the monitor for ginrs and I was blown away by the nostalgic look. It ook the edges off the intesity.

BTW: If the reservation list is on again. I must have a copy :)

Thanks,

-Lee

... it's the same version :)

Thanks guys. People above have who weren't on the list have been added. I am waiting for donor carts to come in, and I think I may need labels soon.

I will start, though, once he donor carts come in.

Thanks, everyone

Bob

... it's the same version :)

Thanks guys. People above have who weren't on the list have been added. I am waiting for donor carts to come in, and I think I may need labels soon.

I will start, though, once he donor carts come in.

Thanks, everyone

Bob

Yay! I can't wait for mine!

Thanks Bob!