IGNORED

A#2 Fancy Lable (sic) Club

videotwit

JahFish asked me to dig this stuff up, so I thought i'd share with everyone ...

"The A#2 Fancy Label (sic) Club was founded in 2001 to give collectors something to do with their extra common Atari 2600 cartridges. Following in the footsteps of the A#1 club, small group of 18 very talented individuals put together this fun group of NEW label variations for each of their collections. We hope you enjoy our work."

I only have records of these 9 labels being produced for this club. Photos of these labels are attached.

Bowling (Bowl-O-Rama) by Dan Meyer

Circus Atari (Killer Klowns) by Tim Snider

Donkey Kong (Mario the Stalker) by Chris Cracknell

Maze Craze by Chris Rodgers

Ms. Pac Man by Jason Parlee

Peles' Soccer (FIFA 79) by Jason Parlee

Pitfall by Scott Lindberg

Q*Bert (@!#?@!) by Russ Perry Jr.

Surround by Cary Kimiko (Madden)

Here are the remaining labels I believe were never finished:

Adventure by Marc Pallante

Bezerk by Steven Vallarian

Breakout by Tony Norkus

Demon Attack by Scott Dayton

Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante

Moon Patrol by Sandy Huner

River Raid by Ryan Hipp

Space Invaders by Myke Moody

Star Wars ESB by Marc Oberhäuser

Video Pinball by Martin S Goldberg

(unknown) by Sebastien Clave

post-42-1216824190_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824195_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824199_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824208_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824215_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824221_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824226_thumb.jpg

post-42-1216824232_thumb.jpg

Edited by videotwit

JahFish asked me to dig this stuff up, so I thought i'd share with everyone ...

"The A#2 Fancy Label (sic) Club was founded in 2001 to give collectors something to do with their extra common Atari 2600 cartridges. Following in the footsteps of the A#1 club, small group of 18 very talented individuals put together this fun group of NEW label variations for each of their collections. We hope you enjoy our work."

I only have records of these 9 labels being produced for this club. Photos of these labels are attached.

Circus Atari (Killer Klowns) by Tim Snider

Donkey Kong (Mario the Stalker) by Chris Cracknell

Maze Craze by Chris Rodgers

Ms. Pac Man by Jason Parlee

Peles' Soccer (FIFA 79) by Jason Parlee

Pitfall by Scott Lindberg

Q*Bert (@!#?@!) by Russ Perry Jr.

Surround by Cary Kimiko (Madden)

Here are the remaining labels I believe were never finished:

Breakout by Tony Norkus

Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante

Moon Patrol by Sandy Huner

River Raid by Ryan Hipp

Space Invaders by Myke Moody

(unknown) by Sebastien Clave

I have a few of the ones on your bottom list too, so some were completed, but AFAIK no-one got a complete set.

b](unknown)[/b] by Sebastien Clave - actually is Missile Command

I am out of town right now, but I will dig these out when I get home on the weekend.

Cool!

some are not labeled #1 or #2 so i'm not sure which ones they go to...

is this the same as the #1 club?

----------------------------------------------

i don't have these 3

River Raid by Ryan Hipp

Breakout by Tony Norkus

-------------------------------------------------

Bezerk by Steven Vallarian=super happy fun bounce family death maze ball

Demon Attack by Scott Dayton=Extinction

Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante=kops n robbers

Moon Patrol by Sandy Huner=pattugliamento della luna

Space Invaders by Myke Moody=space invaders

Star Wars ESB by Marc Oberhäuser=SW ESB episode V

missile command by Sebastien Clave=missile command

--------------------------------------------------------------

also have these that were not listed:

donkey kong by crackers=Mario the stalker

combat by videotwit= spit bug..not sure if this belongs in the club??

i thought there was a 20 people in this club?

i'll try to post some pictures soon..

Rick

Edited by Rick Weis

i have the A2 serie in front of me .... and i also sent out my labels to everyone for sure! makes me kinda sad that you didn't recieve my label :(

here is what i have:

The Man with No neck (by ???)

Atlantis (by ???)

Mario the Stalker (by crackers)

Ms. Pac Man (75 / cherry / banana / teddy bear) (by ???)

Surround (by ???)

Empire Strickes Back (by Marc O.)

Extinction (by Tokeo)

@!#?@! (by Russ Perry)

Fifa soccer 79 (by ???)

Space Invaders (by Myke Moody)

Killer Klownz (by sniderman)

Kops & Robbers (by Classic GMR???)

Pattufliamento della luna (by san-d)

Maze Craze 2600 (by chris rogers)

Final Fantasy Adventure ( again by Classic GMR???)

Missile Command (by Jah Fish)

Pitfall (videotwit edition)

that means i miss two labels/games

River Raid by Ryan Hipp and Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante as far as i can tell ... as pitfall is the only activision cart i have ...

next week i'll check what i have from A#1

i wasn't part of it, but but a whole set from someone

combat by videotwit= spit bug..not sure if this belongs in the club??

Nope, Spit Bug wasn't part of either club. That's just one I did for the heck of it. I think I probably just included it when I traded games a handful of times. There's probably 5 or 6 of them floating around out there, I think.

Post photos if you have a chance. I just included everything I found in my archive, which was obviously incomplete. I think it's neat to have a record of this stuff here for people to see. Thanks to everyone for helping to fill in some of the gaps in my information!

I have a few of the ones on your bottom list too, so some were completed, but AFAIK no-one got a complete set.

b](unknown)[/b] by Sebastien Clave - actually is Missile Command

I am out of town right now, but I will dig these out when I get home on the weekend.

Cool!

I don't think so. The Adventure from the first club was by Ward Shrake, if my records are correct. I think we all decided that it was OK to duplicate what we made new labels for from club to club, so Adventure was at least slated for new labels in both A#1 and A#2.

I don't think so. The Adventure from the first club was by Ward Shrake, if my records are correct. I think we all decided that it was OK to duplicate what we made new labels for from club to club, so Adventure was at least slated for new labels in both A#1 and A#2.

i think it was great! we should do that again! :)

but this time with the rule of doing proper labels in good quality! some of the cheaper paper labels start peeling of from my A#2 collection ...

i'm in for FL A#3! anyone else on board?

ps: i'll make some scans later or in the next days ...

@ROM ... any chance to include the old carts on atarimania? i think that deserves a little special place there ;)

This is great! I wish I could get them all!

I am definitely down if there is a #3 going on!!! Good thing I read the date.. I almost posted to that Google Groups link you provided lol.

cool ... we're two now :)

is scott with us? is russ perry still around? anyone else wanna join?

either you're with us or your with the terrorist! :D

as soon as there is more than 10 people in there, i could post another thread with more information ... or would you want to take care of that again, scott?

to everyone interested: remember that you will have to design a proper label, to get the 20 involved cartridges, remove the labels for the new ones, send out 19 labels (probably all over the world). this does involve some time and some money ... so it's a little bit of work and money as well, not just a funny idea ... just saying that so people don't give up like some others did before ...

here is the original Atari fancy label club guidelines for those who are curious about it and haven't heard of it before!

20 people will each create 1 unique label for a common atari 2600

cartridge.

Upon completion of the label ,that person will make 20 copies of his

unique label and mail out one to everyone on the list. Each member then

gets 20 great labels for his collection

I propose that we wait and mail out labels to only those that say they are done

and ready to ship or at a predetermined time .this is request only you

can mail out whenever you desire .

You can pick any label you want to make but not one already chosen by

another club member..and it should be considered a common label. The

sooner you choose the better your choice.

Edited by jahfish

I sent out labels to everyone that was on the list in the A#2. I did Extinction which was for Demon Attack. Here is a picture of the label that someone put on a real Demon Attack cartridge.

a2demon.jpg

I would be interested in having another go at it.

cool! i also got all label sticked onto their carts! it's quite a bit of work to get all the respective cart together when u don't want to take them out of your collection, but i always thought that it's worth the trouble .... only 20 carts of each "game" were made ... sounds like a 500.000$ cart :D

did anyone ever get Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante or River Raid by Ryan Hipp?

i wonder why those are missing in my set ...

Edited by jahfish

did anyone ever get Keystone Kapers by Marc Pallante or River Raid by Ryan Hipp?

i wonder why those are missing in my set ...

I have the Keystone Kapers, but I don't think I have River Raid.

After seeing the list again, I think I remember that I have all but 2.

I came across the mini-manual I did for the FIFA 79 "lable" a couple of weeks ago and had a good chuckle.

I am in for A#3 Fancy Lable (sic) Club

Jason

Donkey Kong having intimacy with Mario's girlfriend...has "bleech" written all over it!
The Donkey Kong label was my favorite of the series. It wasn't just the label, It also came with a Dear Mario letter that was very funny. I have it stored away somewhere.

Don't bother, I'm still NOT amused by the image!

Here are some pictures that I found.

post-3832-1216856169_thumb.jpg

i love my label ... :lust:

i should actually have someone doing a hack for me ... with cowboys shooting the asteroids ...

I later hacked the original Demon Attack to go with my label. It was the first hack that I ever attempted. I even wrote a short story setup for the game.

a2demon.jpg

Back of Box quote:

Your Starship has been hurled into another Dimension after being sucked into a Black Hole. You have crash landed onto a Desolate and Barren Moon with only surface mobility available to you. Suddenly your Radar picks up incoming objects. Who could it be? WHAT COULD IT BE? As the objects come into view you can hardly believe your eyes. It seems the Residents of this place have evolved from a form of Dinosaurs. Yeah, a form of Dinosaurs with Lasers and a BAD ATTITUDE! Now your only problem is'nt just getting Home, You must also try to Survive. In this place it's not the Dinosaurs who faded into History. Now it is the Humans who will face EXTINCTION!

z26p0001resize.jpgz26p0003resize.jpg

Extinction BIN:

Extinction.bin

Instructions: Move, Shoot, Survive

Atari 2600 game Extinction. Demon Attack Hack. Never Released

I remember back before the videogame crash when the videogame companies were being hit with lawsuits for releasing the same game with different graphics. Today game engines are sold to multiple companies and used for several different games. This is my version of Demon Attack by Imagic. Change the title screen, change the sprites and use a new color scheme and WHAM! you have a new game for somebody to spend $30 on.

ok, i think we're gonna have a FLC#3 ! scott said that i should go for it and take care of organising round 3 ....

:party:

but before that, i need to discuss something with some of you guys ...

in those modern time where everyone can make a label within 5 minutes using the labelmaker, i fear that the results might be completely different than in the previous happenings (and limited to atari carts) ... and i don't know if the 5 minute job is really gonna satisfy those who put in a lot of work ... plus there is gonna be a lot more people that will be participating, as basicaly everyone that simply downloads a picture could make a label online ...

on FLC#2, some people did handdrawn label, others used scanners and photoshopped new artwork or even did completely new designs for the label. there was a lot of love put in this. and i think this is waht made the whole thing so special!

now if a lot more people could be involved, then we probably need some sort of label contest before actually deciding which 20 people will be in FLC#3 ... i don't think most people want to send out more than 20 labels ... it's gonna get too expensive to mail them at some point ... and there is probably gonna be too many drop outs ...

so i see two solutions

a) CLASSIC FLC: you can draw, design, photoshop, or render your idea and create something new. 20 people will be admitted and those needs to have a bit of design/drawing experience. you can still use the labelmaker but have to design the picture inside on your own ... or come up with a really good/funny idea

in case you use the text label style ...

b) LABELMAKER FLC: the use of Labelmaker is allowed and we are having a competion before starting the final FLC with 20 chosen people. we would probably have to ask albert if he could set up a competition page for the votes. and then let the viewers decide who's gonna be in.

i honestly prefer solution #1!

i would also like to see people using a good printer and good adhesive paper/foil ... some of the cheaper inkjet labels already start peeling off from the FLC#2 carts ... if anyone can recommend certain sheets/comanies then please do it here!

for the newbies, here is the idea behind FLC:

Looking at your quadrun cart might give you a boner ... but what's up with all those combats, space invaders, demon attacks, circus atari and defenders? your average R1 carts get no love most of the time! and this is why the Fancy Label Club has been created. To make boring carts attractive again ... 20 persons design a new label and sent it to the 19 others ...

if you want to participate, bear in mind that you will have to create and print and cut out 20 labels, mail those out to 19 other people (some overseas, or probably most of them if you don't live in the US), find/buy 20 more carts to apply the new labels onto (unless you want to use those you already own).

so it is a little investment as well ... maybe 10-15$ for the "manufacturing", maybe 15-35$ for the shipping, and about the same sum for the cartridges (only R1 carts should be used).

i won't open up a new thread in the next two week due to an exhibition i'm preparing .... so there is some time to discuss the guidelines now!

let's go ...

Edited by jahfish

• 2 weeks later...

Geezus, I forgot all about this. I was actually doing Video Pinball and one other one at the time, all got put on hold when my mother passed away (year long bout with cancer). I can see if I still have it around if any of the people from the original list are still interested in them.

Geezus, I forgot all about this. I was actually doing Video Pinball and one other one at the time, all got put on hold when my mother passed away (year long bout with cancer). I can see if I still have it around if any of the people from the original list are still interested in them.

yeah, i'm defenitely interested in completing my old serie(s)

i just wonder if anyone else is interested in doing a 3rd round ... there has been no comments so far to the question i've been asking ...