IGNORED

A#2 Fancy Lable (sic) Club

videotwit

Geezus, I forgot all about this. I was actually doing Video Pinball and one other one at the time, all got put on hold when my mother passed away (year long bout with cancer). I can see if I still have it around if any of the people from the original list are still interested in them.

yeah, i'm defenitely interested in completing my old serie(s)

i just wonder if anyone else is interested in doing a 3rd round ... there has been no comments so far to the question i've been asking ...

Sounds pretty fun!

• 6 months later...

As one of the old members of Fancy Label club #2, I'd be interested! But beware, my art skills are just as bad as they were back then!

-- Steven Vallarian

PS To the fellow offended by the Mario label, you'd just have to know that Crackers was a little bit...different.

See his facebook page.

you 'll have to design and print out 10 labels, cut them, put 9 of them in an envellope and send them to the other FLC designers ... so that each one has the complete set of 10 labels that can be sticked onto the real carts ....

if there is more feedback we might accept 20 people .... as it was before ...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested but not sure I have the capacity to print out quality labels...

Maybe we could all get them made by 8bitclassics? But, then they would have to be standard cart games...

i haven't found the time yet to put up a new thread. but i will do soon ...

it doesn't really matter when it will end or be ready as this is an international activity and doesn't need to be depending on any meeting ...

and yes, it should be classic standart games, as we will need to get all of these carts again to apply the labels onto them: the idea is to redesign the label for a game that is common/bring/in daily use: atari, activision, imagic titles would be good, preferably games also available as ntsc AND pal versions, so that noone is excluded or has to spend lots of money to get the set together.

i'd be very pleased if everyone can supply nice prints. many shops offer colorprints onto adhesive paper or foil for just a few dollars/euros, and it is just 3-4 sheets that you need to print out.

participating will take/cost you:

- the time to design the label.

- a good color printer and adhesive paper/foil or a few dollars in a print shop.

- probably 10-20 dollars for shipping out the labels to the others.

- 10-30 dollars to get all the carts for which the labels were designed for.

They sell glossy labels and have templates for download. Sweet.

I've got some "ideas".

Don't think they print for you tho... oh wait, they do supposedly, but it's hard to find the info on their site.. atleast it was for me.

EDIT: My bad.. it was easy to find after all.

Edited by yuppicide

i have a few jobs to finish, but in the next days i'll post a new thread and will put the link in here as well.

and yes, basicaly it should all be different games ... although i would accept two same ones if the idea for the new title and graphics is really good ... what do you guys think?