IGNORED

Hacking 5200 Console - 360, PS3, Xbox

voiddweller

It's been a while, so I thought it might be time to check in and get a little interactive :)

I hooked up my 4 Port and enjoyed some good gaming courtesy of Voltman's Happ controller and Cafeman's wonderful Koffi.

After a few rounds, I moved over to some trackball classics and then decided that it was time for a short break.

When I returned, I noticed that the 5200 looked damn good sitting on entertainment rack and started wondering if it was possible to hack the case to accommodate a 360, PS3, or Xbox. I've seen a 5200 hacked as a HTPC, but never with a modern console under the skin.

There were also some great hacks posted here.

Has anyone tried this or checked to see if it was physically possible without destroying the beautiful Atari case?

Thanks!

Edited by voiddweller

Violating a XBOX 360's warranty is a bad idea given the failure rate it has had in the past.

I have a newer Falcon based system and I'm not too worried about it failing but I'm certainly not going to risk voiding the warranty either.

Once they come out with the lower power graphics chip I'd say it's safe but until then I'd play it safe.

The heat sync system in the 360 makes it pretty good sized and you would need to work out where to place everything. I think it would be a tight fit if it fit at all.

PS3... I think it's bigger than the 360 isn't it?

XBOX... huge.

A MiniATX PC motherboard would probably fit better than anything.

A Wii should fit, if you want your 5200 to be a *cough* Nintendo. :D

• 3 weeks later...