IGNORED

Bioshock initial impressions & questions

Atari5200

Ok, so I'm about 6 hours into the game and so far I am enjoying it, but not near as much as I expected to.

I have some questions, please don't go into to much detail, I don't want to spoil anything, just want to see if I have certain things to look forward too.

#1. Do you learn anything about who you are in the game? or are you just some dude?

#2. Does anybody else think it's odd, that some random guy, lands in an underwater city, and with what would seem like no prior knowledge of anything, has no problem at all shoving a bottle of something in his arm?

#3. Does the story progress mainly with finding the audio diaries?

#4. What is the point of ever healing, I find to just die, get revived, and go back to where I was is pretty much easier, especially with Big Daddies, and only use med packs in emergency situations.

#5. I couldn't bring myself to harvest little sisters, anybody else feel this way?

I know I'm still early into the game, but I kinda expected more from this game, I'm not disappointed..yet. I like the idea of Rapture and the setting, I think the problem I have is that I have to many questions that I want answered, like who my character is, and more along the lines of the history of Rapture before it went to hell.

Ok, so I'm about 6 hours into the game and so far I am enjoying it, but not near as much as I expected to.

I have some questions, please don't go into to much detail, I don't want to spoil anything, just want to see if I have certain things to look forward too.

#1. Do you learn anything about who you are in the game? or are you just some dude?

#2. Does anybody else think it's odd, that some random guy, lands in an underwater city, and with what would seem like no prior knowledge of anything, has no problem at all shoving a bottle of something in his arm?

#4. What is the point of ever healing, I find to just die, get revived, and go back to where I was is pretty much easier, especially with Big Daddies, and only use med packs in emergency situations.

#5. I couldn't bring myself to harvest little sisters, anybody else feel this way?

I know I'm still early into the game, but I kinda expected more from this game, I'm not disappointed..yet. I like the idea of Rapture and the setting, I think the problem I have is that I have to many questions that I want answered, like who my character is, and more along the lines of the history of Rapture before it went to hell.

YES YOU WILL!

KEEP ON PLAYING

NO,BUT THE DIARIES GIVE THE BACK STORIES AND WHAT HAPPENED IN PPLS LIVES IN RAPTURE

YOU WONT WASTE YOU AMMO AS MUCH AMMO I THINK THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT HEALTH/RESEARCH TOO

I WENT BOTH WAYS ON TWO GAMES, TWO ENDING BOTH WORTH IT

THIS IS A MUST HAVE GAME, GREAT STORY, GIVE IT MORE TIME MAYBE YOU WILL LOVE IT!

AND PLEASE DONT RUIN IT FOR HIM BY LETTING THE SECRETS/ENDING or SAYINGS OF THE GAME OUT PPL!

I hate to say it but if you weren't blown away and intrigued in the first hour, you probably wont be. Unless some plot twists will turn your way of thinking around. The awesomeness begins in the first few minutes of the game and continues till the end. My thought is, if you don't see it 6 hours in, you won't unfortunately.

Yes. The diaries are important for this.
It is your destiny young skywalker.
Progress, no. But they are important to understanding the storyline.
I found it to be more a drainage on your stims than health packs.
For the most part yes, but I don't think it is possible to unlock ALL achievements by doins so other wise.

Again the audio diaries (and your ghost visions) reveal more of your history, rapture's history, etc.

For the most part yes, but I don't think it is possible to unlock ALL achievements by doins so other wise.

Actually you have that backwards.

You have to NOT harvest any sisters for the achievement Little Sister Savior.

There is another achievement for the sisters but it's just dealing with them all.

ok, I haven't beat the game, but I can now say this is probably one of the best games I've ever played. What a joy. I was up til almost midnight last night and I can't wait to get home to play some more.

PS3 fans, you guys are in for a real treat when this comes out.

Wii fans, well...maybe the movie will be as good as playing through the game.

Why would Wii fans (such as myself) want to watch the movie vs. playing the game? :P

It's not coming to the Wii... you'll have to settle for the movie.

I'm guessing the game will still be better than the movie.

ok, I haven't beat the game, but I can now say this is probably one of the best games I've ever played. What a joy. I was up til almost midnight last night and I can't wait to get home to play some more.

PS3 fans, you guys are in for a real treat when this comes out.

It is definitely a time stealer. I found myself playing it an entire Saturday and until 4 am the next morning.

I think you have to play for a few hours before you realize how good the game really is.

The retro future storyline is pretty cool. I think I'm just over half way through... I banned myself from playing it for a while so I could finish some other games I had started.

Why would Wii fans (such as myself) want to watch the movie vs. playing the game? :P

It's not coming to the Wii... you'll have to settle for the movie.

I'm guessing the game will still be better than the movie.

Hrm? I'll play it on the 360 where it is.. (and I posted I didnt like it too much above). COD4 > Bioshock 8)

Who's looking for it to come to the Wii? :P

Edited by NE146

well I finished the game last night and wow. what a ride. fantastic game. Started out slow, but boy did it really play out well. outstanding story, outstanding voice acting, outstanding gameplay.

And..little sister savior..probably the achievement I'm most proud of.

well I finished the game last night and wow. what a ride. fantastic game. Started out slow, but boy did it really play out well. outstanding story, outstanding voice acting, outstanding gameplay.

And..little sister savior..probably the achievement I'm most proud of.

Congrats on learning the difference between a Man and a Slave.

nice remo.

I've been kicking around the idea, but I don't know if i want to or not. I kinda like leaving it the way it is. If someone wants to PM me what happens at the end if you harvest all the little sisters, that would be cool. Plus there's no cheat codes, if there would be cheat codes that I could just blow through the game again, that would be different, like what I did with Two Worlds. I beat the game in under 3 hours the 2nd time.

Now if you haven't played this game, would you kindly go out and buy it.

Edited by Atari5200

• 5 months later...
I'm gonna play it again and harvest all the little sisters now!

Shame on you.

Why does everyone always start out "good".....on every game it seems.

Am I the only one who wants to be the evil sonuvabitch in every game?

I dunno... I dont know what being good or evil in a videogame means. I just play it.

I DO know before I quit out of complete boredom, I harvested & saved little sisters 50/50 (basically just alternating). I didn't know if doing one or the other was "bad" or "good" since the game didnt give me any indication, and more importantly t's a videogame. i.e. they could have been talking bananas or rabbits for all that maters. So yeah :lol: